Halo Ring Giveaway: Your finger is going to be cold this Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPlay4Fun

Banned
Winner has been notified.
If winner doesnt reply with address within 3 days, ill give it to someone else.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!

ill be giving this away
master-chief-halo-ring_1.jpg

The retail on this was quoted from different sources of $175
Ring $175
I only paid $20 so who knows the exact value. But its just sterling silver so $20 sounds more realistic.
this isnt my pic but i do have the exact ring ill be giving away.
if anyone is interested please
only 1 submission per person
just leave a comment on why you should get it.
ill pick the winner monday

good luck.
hope there are people who actually want this.

*Edit*
Wow i love that this is so popular already.
I might just extend the contest and add another
EXTRA SPECIAL Halo item with this!
(i probably will give it to someone who isnt the winner of the ring)

Last edited by a moderator:
I should win the ring because I TOTALLY suck at Halo. I cannot stand being sniped at. You people know what I mean. So, maybe you should pity me and go ahead and let me win the ring. Just kidding man. Good luck to the person that wins.

Ill toss my hat in... Im a Halo fan and would love to put that on my trigger finger when playing for good luck! ;) :p

I would then use my mighty finger to put an end to the Covenant once and for all!

I should get this because I've been a huge Halo fan, since OG Xbox launch. Playing Reach brought the series full-circle for me, and this game would be a great memento for me.

Looks neat. Thanks for the contest!

Ridiculous answer on why I deserve it:

Many years ago I had one of these halo rings, but sadly I lost it. Let me tell you more. I was waiting, at a train stop, just outside of Chicago. To my surprise it was not a very busy day at the train station. Suddenly to my astonishment some muggers started to beat an old lady. I quickly jumped in to help, the muggers were beat off, and victory became mine, or so I thought.

One year later I stood in the same spot. I once again saw the muggers, this time however, when I tried to intervene a man burst through the wall in some sort of portal device. He said to me, "You will no longer fight crime". After a brutal and desperate battle, that must have taken days, I was defeated. He said to me "I will let you and the world live, but you must give me your halo sterling silver ring" So I sacrificed it, for the world.

New achievement:

Collect all rare helmets
(Collect the green Master Chief helmet, silver helmet, and pure gold helmet)

At least I'd have 1 of those 3. Then I'll need to purchase the Halo 3 Legendary Edition to get the green Master Chief helmet.

I would win this because I will play anyone on here for this ring and without a doubt destroy them. Thank you for doing this contest

I'm in, thanks for the giveaway opportunity. I'm not going to create a story as to why I should be picked, because I think it's kind of cheesy lol But I've been a halo fan for quite a bit (especially loved halo 2) and this seems pretty cool. So I figure why not throw my name in the hat.

In another, better universe, I have already won it.

Clearly, we are not living in the best of all possible realities.

You owe it to yourself, your family, and humanity to make sure that this universe is all it can be for them.

And it starts with me winning that ring.

I'll give this a go. I have been an avid Halo fan since I first discovered it, and some of my fondest school memories were Halo 2 LAN parties at my friends' houses. I love Halo, and always will. I own a copy of every game ever made, and the LE it in the case they made one. I. Need. This. Ring! It would also be one of my prized possessions!

I injured my ring finger while sliding into 3rd base last Fall. The resulting injury caused my ring finger to become permanently larger and unable to wear my college class ring. I have been unable to wear it for over 6 months. This ring would be a great substitute so I can proudly show off something big and amazing on my hand again. I enjoyed wearing the class ring and would also enjoy wearing master chief. I am a big Xbox and Halo fan ever since hosting LAN parties through a Hub and Ethernet all over the house. Those were the days playing the first Halo game on multiple TVs with friends all night long. Wearing the ring will bring back great memories and look awesome.

I really want the ring because Halo is the first game I played on the original Xbox at my friend's house. I fell in love in the Halo series and when Halo 2 came out I would always go to his house with 2 other friends and play split-screen. That ultimately led me in getting a Xbox just to play Halo 2. I did not know about Xbox Live back then (I know I am a noob lol) so I would constantly replay the campaign and split-screen with my friends. When Halo 3 came out I got the Halo 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 and then finally found out Xbox Live. Ever since I have been playing Halo multiplayer and I support the Halo franchise to the max!!!

I deserve it because I'm a huge Halo fan. I don't wear jewelry but if I win it I will. And honestly I'm the type of person that will wear video game themed clothing. I'm a geek, so I'll be rockin' that ring wherever I go.

Oh man, that thing is pretty cool. =P I'm a big fan of all things Halo, such as the games, all types of merchandise and the books. The Halo universe is really, really interesting to me, and has been ever since I first played Halo on my Xbox. I can't say I deserve to win the ring more than someone else, but I love the games (I have them all) and the story, and I would love to have this right next to my Legendary Edition Helmet, actually, I would put it right below it on the stand that it is displayed on. =P

I honestly am not a big halo fan,
but i know a couple people that would absolutely love this ring, would just hand it to one of them i suppose.

this is the most unique giveaway i've seen! nice of you to give it away!

I would like to wear this for my master's degree graduation next saturday. I didn't get a school ring, so this would be awesome!

Always loved the Halo series and Master Chief is hands down one of the biggest BAMFs I have ever played in a game. Anyone who disses the Chief can look forward to Mark V helmet imprint in their forehead.

That is the most epic ring I have ever seen. I'm not usually one to try and win some sweet jewelry, but this has really changed my mind. Thanks for giving us this opportunity, and I'd like to take a moment (and some space in your thread) to describe exactly how dedicated I am to the Halo franchise, and why I deserve this awesome ring.

Bungie.net Account
There you will find my Bungie.net profile, and the 15,000+ matches I spent on Halo 3. You will also find my full Halo 3 file share, complete with maps with over 1,000 - 35,000. This includes two that were put into matchmaking, and one that was put onto Bungie Favorites. Most of my time was spent forging, and with that, I will show you my other recent contest entry, and my Forgehub.com account.

Spawnkill.com Contest Entry
I spent a week or two on Halo 3 forging maps dedicated towards that website for their contest, unfortunately I did not win. But if you are willing to sift through some of the older comments on that contest, find Tanner Sundwall, that's me. I'm pretty sure I made about 10 or 12 maps for them, each taking a few hours of my time.

Forgehub.com Profile
That's a website dedicated entirely towards forge in Halo 3, and Halo: Reach. I've been a member there since 2008, and if you go under "Statistics" and find "Threads Started", you'll see all the maps I've made, and most of the pictures are PS'd by me. Honestly, I've wasted more of my life on Halo than World of Warcraft, and when I type /played in WoW, it comes up with a bit over 100 days. And that's just one of the five toons I've got.

Map I Made
Just an example of how much time went into making the maps I made, and the threads for the maps for advertising and such. I think I've got a backstory and everything on this one here. I posted a preview with crazy photoshopped pictures that make it look like they were taken from cameras and stuff.

I'm The One In The Red...
I went to PAX Prime last year, I know I'm young, whatever. Anyways, I won a Windows Phone 7 HTC Surround because I had the worst phone. That lady on the left told anybody in the crowd to come up their with their phones, whoever had the worst would win. I ran up there with the other 40 or 50 people who wanted to win, jumped up and down shouting, "Brick! Candy Bar! Brick!" And they said, "Kid in the red." So I was one of the three people to win. Don't make fun of my hair, I was an idiot. This is related to Halo, because I went to PAX Prime with one intention, and that was to play Halo: Reach. I did that about 10 times, and snagged a ton of Avatar Apparel codes for those oversized helmets. This was the 343 Industries panel held on Saturday the 4th I think? They also had a couple guys from Roosterteeth their, I said hi to Burnsieburns, yadayada... Fun weekend was fun with my three-day pass.

Hope this shows why I deserve this ring, lol. It took my an hour to find those pictures of the 343 Industries Panel. I almost thought they got rid of them, it was a major contest, not sure why they don't have more pictures or at least a video. There was a lot of media there.

Anyhow, I've probably spent a little over 200 days of my life on things Halo related, and that doesn't include all the days I played Halo: CE and Halo 2 without Xbox Live.

Edit:
I also deserve the ring because my reason didn't take me less than a minute to type out. And I'm pretty sure that travelling to another state for the sole intention to play one short match of Halo: Reach at PAX Prime is a little better than going next door to a friends and saying, "Whoa, is that Halo? Cool game bro." I'm not trying to motivate you to ignore those who don't have that great of stories related to Halo, I'm just suggesting that maybe the person who played Halo from the start and took the time to write out a well organized entry into your contest is more deserving than those who came in at the last second suggesting that they don't deserve it, but they want it.

First played xbox at my friends the spring after halo was released. I remember seeing a contest at taco bell and thinking "wtf is this crap?" In which was followed by the dump of a lifetime thanks to a great taco settling nicely. I was going to associate halo with that gastral explosion, that is until I played it and loved it like I've never loved a game before.

I was one of the seemingly few that enjoyed the single player more than the multi, and that's saying something, especially how much we played via LAN, always after my high school basketball games. We would play with guys that weren't even gamers, but they'd love it, and it was great to see that sort of bond form, all from a game like halo.

I would like to have this in my collection of random crap. Besides having played all the games and beaten them all on legendary, I also am an avid fan of the Halo universe having read almost all the books.

Plus you know it's pretty freaking sweet.

I would want it, but i know i will lose.
But i will enter just so i won't regret trying.
My friend is A BIG halo fan, and has collected alot of halo stuff, he has no idea a ring could be made and this would be a good present for his birthday coming up.

In it to hopefully win.

I'm purposing to my gf I've been with for 5 years & I would use this ring as the engagement ring. We both love video games & our wedding would have some sort of video game motif. That ring is so perfect! Thank you!

I should get the ring because I am quite fucking handsome. I actually went to Medical School and earned a PhD in "Pretty". Let's give the ring to "Dr. Handsome".

Video games especially Halo have been a big part of my life for as long as i can remember. Hell i even decided i liked video games and technology so much that i am going to college to get a major in Video Game & Simulation Production. I would definitely wear this ring for the rest of my life to pay homage to a great video game series and video games in general.

I should win it because i would love love love to give this to my boyfriend he would love it he is the biggest Halo fan ever (he pretty much has posters and action figures everywhere) he makes me play it all the time so this would be a pretty awesome gift to give to him Awesome Contest

First: Hold on, Imma let you finish... but Bungie had one of the best games of all TIME! OF ALL TIME!!

Second: I should win because I'm a Halo Fanatic, in every sense of the word. (it brought a tear to my eye when I found out I couldn't go to PaxP/Halofest 2011)
Anyway, I have every game! From CE to Halo Wars to Reach. I have the LE Strat guide for Reach. I even have alot of the Reach action figures. Including the awesome SDCC excl. Noble 7. I have posters and Fatheads all over my wall. Every Legendary Ed, my first 360 was a green Halo 3 LE XBox. Plus much, much more. I should receive this for just being (maybe) the biggest Halo fan on here.

If I win this, in honor of you, whenever I'm not wearing it, it's going on the same shelf, right in between my H3 LE Helmet and my H:R LE Noble Team statue.

Third: I should win this because I think you're awesome and I'll be your BFF, gurl. (LMAO) I'm not a beggar, so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Anyway, even if I don't win, you're awesome, because you gave me this opportunity.

P.S. This might be the most unique giveaway on here. I never knew these things existed. I'm glad I do now.

I am not going to lie, I absolutely love Halo. I bought an original Xbox because of it. Then Halo 2 I have logged in so many hours online I would be ashamed to admit just how many. Then of course the newer ones I have played a crapton as well but who hasn't?

That ring is pretty badass and I would love to have it, if at least to show it off to my fellow nerds.

I know I'm new and all, and this ring'll probably go to a more veteran (and possibly more deserving CAG, what do I know), But I've been a Halo fan ever since I played Halo: Combat Evolved. I've bought and still own every Halo game, including Halo Wars. I think It'd be pretty cool If I could get a ring to help show off my halo pride. Thanks for reading, and congrats to whoever gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back