Halo Special Edition Xbox ?

pumbaa

CAGiversary!
So I've got one of these babies, and I love it. My question is, should it be sold BEFORE the next Xbox console comes out (Xbox 2, Xbox 360, whatever...)? Looking on eBay it looks like prices now are around $250 for them (used I assume), would this go DOWN once Xbox 2 comes out? How do these special edition systems prices fluxuate after their successors come?

I'm thinking if the Xbox 2 is backwards compatible, these will start to get dumped. Scorch is right though, especially if they aren't backwards compatible.

Microsoft is having a hard time making the next Xbox backward compatible since they changed chipsets. I heard they are working on an emulator that would solve the problem. It would be a big mistake to drop that feature.

[quote name='Aryss']Microsoft is having a hard time making the next Xbox backward compatible since they changed chipsets. I heard they are working on an emulator that would solve the problem. It would be a big mistake to drop that feature.[/quote]

It would be a mistake to end all mistakes... on the scale of sega stealth-releasing the saturn or Atari making E.T.

[quote name='Aryss']Microsoft is having a hard time making the next Xbox backward compatible since they changed chipsets. I heard they are working on an emulator that would solve the problem. It would be a big mistake to drop that feature.[/quote]

There's some kind of firmware that's in development that would allow chipsets to "emulate" one another. It's the best chance we have at backwards compatibility.

Just keep it... you won't regret it. One day you will be surfing someones game collection and think, "man I wish I never sold my Halo Xbox!"

[quote name='pumbaa']Looking on eBay it looks like prices now are around $250 for them (used I assume)?[/quote]

I remember bozos on CAG talking about how the S.E. Halo edition would never be worth anything because there were 200,000+ of them produced. Somehow, I imagine the M$ haters just were just looking for another way to piss on a good system.

I have one and love it. I don't think it'll be worth that much down the road, maybe a little more than the regular.

as for backwards compatability on the next system........if it doesn't it'll be the biggest mistake ever. period.

If you have one, and love it, you should keep it. Why sell something you love if you don't really need the money?

If it were me, I'd sell it. I'm not a videogame collector, I don't care what color my Xbox is, and I'm a cheapass. Taking those three things into consideration, I'd definitely get the $250 - $300 for it on Ebay.

I'd keep it for now. Who knows, you may be able to do a straight up trade for the new Xbox system with someone.

I also got one and I'm keeping it. I got the SEALED Halo Xbox with one extra Halo S-Controller, the sealed Halo 2 CE, and the sealed Halo strategy guide all for $300 on eBay. I love it and I'm keeping it.

bread's done
Back