Halo Wars 2 - Gen. Discussion Out 2/21/17 for Xbox One & WIn 10

Both missions in SpearBreaker are timed, you'll have to do a set objective in the time allotted to you. I just did the 2nd mission, got Silver, Bronze on the 1st mission. I need to work on my rustiness. My par time was not the greatest and I didn't really accomplish any optional objectives (which will give you more points overall). That said the mini-campaign is a lot of fun and a good challenge. It reminded me of the last mission with the original Halo Wars, you've gotta get things done before the timer goes to zero.

Last edited by a moderator:
For you Halo favoring lore folks, looks like Dark Horse has Halo: Rise of Atriox digitally.

An anthology based on 2017's Halo Wars 2, the real-time strategy video game from 343 Industries, which introduced a new ruthless villain, Atriox.

Atriox, the legendary Brute under the command of the alien collective known as the Covenant, leads a Brute assault against a UNSC military outpost. Wave after wave of Brutes are lost attacking the human outpost defended by a group of UNSC marines, the ruthless Atriox soldiers on. As his comrades fall, Atriox's hatred for the Covenant grows.

This five-chapter anthology collects stories by acclaimed comics creators Cullen Bunn, Jody Houser, John Jackson Miller, Alex Irvine, Claire Roe, Josan Gonzalez, Jonathan Wayshak, and Tristan Jones.

The digital expansion for Halo Wars 2, Awakening the Nightmare is out, is 22.58 GB. Again, new campaign, right where you left off from the main story most likely.

Crossplay is here. Not sure how I feel about that lol but good news is it's not in every mode.

NEW FEATURES
Added support for 4K Ultra HD & HDR gameplay on Xbox One X
Crossplay is here for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs!
- Crossplay will be supported for Campaign, Blitz Firefight, Terminus Firefight, Custom Games, and all UNRANKED Playlists
- All of the existing ranked playlists will remain platform-specific for the sake of fairness and parity
- For players who really want to see how console stacks up against PC, a new playlist called "Ranked 3v3 X War" will be added that will support crossplay.
- Crossplay will be rolled out in phases to make sure everything is working as intended and to give the team time to assess.
Edit: Added new info to wiki.

An interview with 343 about 4K/HDR additions/improvements.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/11/02/inside-xbox-one-x-enhanced-halo-wars-2/

Last edited by a moderator:
Awakening the Nightmare campaign reminds me of Starcraft II. I think they did a good job and the story kicks off right where you left off with the main campaign. Two leaders are added, two Brute brothers and they are pretty badass hero units. New gameplay mechanics are introduced with one of the leaders who can leave pools of damaging radiation on the battlefield.This can come in handy when dealing with Flood pods.

bread's done
Back