Halo Wars limited edition 35.99 amazon lighting deal

[quote name='loserboy']Show me one sealed US version that sold for under 30 bucks...there aren't any...at least none that I can find. As for hoarders, you can only buy one copy with gold box deals...[/QUOTE]

I also never said sealed. Plenty of mint copies

[quote name='ohboy10451']I also never said sealed. Plenty of mint copies[/QUOTE]

You can't compare a new game with a used game, especially a game that comes with a code for downloadable content.

I can buy a ton of Volkswagens for $1000 each. I never said they'd run.
I can buy an xbox 360 for under $50. I never said they'd work.

We're talking about a NEW, sealed game for under $30 bucks, you said you can get one on ebay. You can't. This is a VERY good deal (especially with ECA) you can't find this for that price anywhere.

This is a good limited edition. I got it when it came out after I found out that people would pay 50+ for the 3 halo maps that came with it.

This game play as well as Red Alert 3 (PS3) did? That's been the only console RTS I've enjoyed playing in all the ones I've ever played. Civilization Revolution was also decent but everything else I've tried on consoles played like shit.

Played the demo, kinda liked it, even though i'm not a huge RTS player/fan, but I couldn't pass this up. In for 1.

[quote name='gibbyva']This game play as well as Red Alert 3 (PS3) did? That's been the only console RTS I've enjoyed playing in all the ones I've ever played. Civilization Revolution was also decent but everything else I've tried on consoles played like shit.[/QUOTE]

I've have RA3 (good) and LOTR-BFME (frustrating) on 360. I've only played the demo of Halo Wars and I got the feel that Halo Wars is the most console-RTS friendly game.

Any other opinions?

I'm double posting this question in hopes to get it answered quickly. I really want to jump on this deal before it is gone. Was in gamestop today and almost bought it used for more...

The ECA thread on CAG states that the current coupons will expire on 9/30? Does that mean the amazon promotion is over or that new codes will be posted. I don't want to drop the $20 to join for a little over a month.

Sorry again for asking in multiple places.

[quote name='j0dy77']I'm double posting this question in hopes to get it answered quickly. I really want to jump on this deal before it is gone. Was in gamestop today and almost bought it used for more...

The ECA thread on CAG states that the current coupons will expire on 9/30? Does that mean the amazon promotion is over or that new codes will be posted. I don't want to drop the $20 to join for a little over a month.

Sorry again for asking in multiple places.[/QUOTE]

I suspect it means the current batch of codes Amazon gave them expire on 9/30 and there will be a period of time before the next batch are available. If last time is anything to go by it'll probably be a couple of weeks.

This is only my theory however.

Got it, ECA 10% code actually looked at regular price without lightning deal so you get to save even more. :D I got it for $32 (I live in WA, so I get taxes). Awesome deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='naitosan']Got it, ESA 10% code actually looked at regular price without lighting deal so you get to save even more. :D I got it for $32 (I live in WA, so I get taxes). Awesome deal![/QUOTE]Yeah, the ECA discount always goes off of Amazon's regular price and not Goldbox/Lightning deal prices. Nice little bonus.

If I don't care for Halo, but I like RTS games, will this be very enjoyable? Or will it require me to know all about Halo in order to understand any of it?

thx

[quote name='Techsticles']If I don't care for Halo, but I like RTS games, will this be very enjoyable? Or will it require me to know all about Halo in order to understand any of it?

thx[/QUOTE]
Based on what I've read, even those not familiar with the Halo universe will enjoy this game.

[quote name='Techsticles']If I don't care for Halo, but I like RTS games, will this be very enjoyable? Or will it require me to know all about Halo in order to understand any of it?

thx[/QUOTE]

It's a very basic RTS that works very well on a console. You won't get the in depth aspects you do from a PC RTS, but it'll get the job done on a console just fine. Knowing about Halo would help with the story, but it's in no way essentia;. The story ties into the universe, but it's not a direct sequel/prequel to the core Halo story.

[quote name='Smokie99']$29.99 at Frys B&M.[/QUOTE]

That's for the standard edition, not the limited edition.

[quote name='msdmoney']is that for the limited version?[/QUOTE]

See above.

I got a regular copy of Halo Wars but it came with a steel case at Gamecrazy for 23 bucks two days ago. Fun game.

You should've added it to your cart if you were on the fence about it. The Gold Box price will stay in effect for your cart so long as you don't delete it from there or until tonight Midnight PST.

[quote name='JCDenton']It seems to be dead. fucking pricks, it wasn't even 100% claimed yet.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you take a chill pill. You're the one who looks like a prick for not paying attention to the time....You snooze, you lose! I'll sell you mine though for the 63.98...a penny cheaper than amazon.

bread's done
Back