Halo Wars @ Microcenter $9.99 2/19-2/22 only!

dabamus

Banned
Just got the ad for this in my email. Everything else appeared to be at MSRP when it comes to new products.

They have advertised a 20GB Refurb 360 for $149.99 and a 60GB Refurb 360 for $199.99

Those are the only items of note.(other than the usual "our used prices beat Gamestop's" thing)

[quote name='Gideon68']Tried PMing at BB in SF and was denied. Said it had to be within 10 miles and new in stock.[/QUOTE]

I would have forced them to point out where it says w/in 10 miles anywhere in their policy. And SF is pretty big, that is fuck-ed up.

[quote name='kidu']Wow, glad I dropped by there at lunch. They had 10+ copies out on the shelves when was there at 1 PM.

I can't really understand this one from the hoarding perspective...the normal version is hitting around $20 everywhere, and the PH version is only $10 more and comes with about $20 worth of DLC. Doesn't seem like a great flipping opportunity.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't get it either. I'm hoping that it's just an error - I'll be out that way later this weekend, I might stop by and see if they have any left.

It's just frustrating, because this has been on my list for a while to pick up "eventually", and I was looking forward to being able to get it for such a good price - I figured with 60, no one would be willing to drop the cash on all of them with such a potentially poor return on investment - guess I was wrong.

[quote name='token2k6']I would have forced them to point out where it says w/in 10 miles anywhere in their policy. And SF is pretty big, that is fuck-ed up.[/QUOTE]

You're not gonna win that argument with BB.

They basically can define their competitors however they want. And they only price match competitors.

[quote name='acsguitar']I wish MC didn't hate Ps3 users[/QUOTE]

I know right? They totally should have dropped the PS3 version of Halo Wars to $10 as well. Bastards.

Called my local MC, they said 17 of the 19 they have in stock are for an online order. Ugh. They were able to hold one for me! Woo!
[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Hoarders: The Larfleezes of retail.[/QUOTE]
In brightest day, in blackest night, no deal shall escape my sight, eh? :D

[quote name='token2k6']I would have forced them to point out where it says w/in 10 miles anywhere in their policy. And SF is pretty big, that is fuck-ed up.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't have worked since they probably would have called to check stock and it was out. I was just hoping they would just say $10 diff, go ahead.

Just left the local MC (Mayfield, Ohio).. 3 hours ago they had 60, now they have 22 left.. cashier told me some guy walked out with 8 copies of the game..

Woo! Victory for Sylvanas! I managed to make my way out there tonight, and I think I snagged the last copy. The guy who found it for me seemed very confused as to why there weren't more.

[quote name='mSoul01']Just left the local MC (Mayfield, Ohio).. 3 hours ago they had 60, now they have 22 left.. cashier told me some guy walked out with 8 copies of the game..[/QUOTE]

That's the closest one to me, and it's about an hour away. I had thought about going up tomorrow for the sake of something to do, but with ass hats that go in and grab 8 copies lingering in the area, I'm not sure I'm going to get the opportunity.

Thanks OP! Grabbed one!

It's a nice deal and all but I don't understand the point of grabbing 10+ copies. I mean, the market value for this game has decreased quite a bit and there isn't THAT much of a demand for it...not to mention additional content in the Platinum hits version.

[quote name='blahtastic']Thanks OP! Grabbed one!

It's a nice deal and all but I don't understand the point of grabbing 10+ copies. I mean, the market value for this game has decreased quite a bit and there isn't THAT much of a demand for it...not to mention additional content in the Platinum hits version.[/QUOTE]

Hoarders don't have to have a good reason to be total dicks. It's just something nature imprinted onto their dumbass personalities.

Thanks! It worked for me, but I did a price match at Best Buy even though the nearest MicroCenter was over 60miles away.

For those who's having trouble with Best Buy's price match, I think it works better if you show up to the store rather than call it in. In store, they're probably more likely to sell it to you than over the phone. I just printed out the ad, walked into Best Buy and told the cashier to do a price match since there is a store "nearby" selling it at cheaper price. The cashier didn't seem to care and just sold it to me for $9.99. Of course, YMMV, so try it out by physically going to the store instead of calling the store.

I had to go to a wedding on Long Island today. It was about a 2 hour drive from my house, but there was a Micro Center about 10 minutes from the church so I swung by and grabbed a copy. There were plenty on the shelves. This was in Hempstead.

Beware that the in-store pickup can kill the deal (depending on the time of day, of course). I was waiting in like for 15+ minutes since you have to sit in the same line as their returns desk at my location. Now I kinda wish I would have just paid $6 to have the damn thing shipped. Not to mention someone put "wash me" on the back of my car while I was inside...lol.

[quote name='pulsar0510']I had to go to a wedding on Long Island today. It was about a 2 hour drive from my house, but there was a Micro Center about 10 minutes from the church so I swung by and grabbed a copy. There were plenty on the shelves. This was in Hempstead.[/QUOTE]
i find that hard to believe, since there's only one Micro Center on Long Island, and that's in Westbury on Merrick Avenue...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']i find that hard to believe, since there's only one Micro Center on Long Island, and that's in Westbury on Merrick Avenue...[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. Does that mean he hallucinated the whole thing?

[quote name='confoosious']I'm confused. Does that mean he hallucinated the whole thing?[/QUOTE]
It means I misremembered the name of the town the store was in and he's a douche. First time in Long Island and the name Hempstead was in my head.

[quote name='pulsar0510']It means I misremembered the name of the town the store was in and he's a douche. First time in Long Island and the name Hempstead was in my head.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see. I don't know that area at all.

Figured it was an open bar at the wedding. :)

[quote name='confoosious']Oh I see. I don't know that area at all.

Figured it was an open bar at the wedding. :)[/QUOTE]
I obviously don't either and yes it was open bar.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Beware that the in-store pickup can kill the deal (depending on the time of day, of course). I was waiting in like for 15+ minutes since you have to sit in the same line as their returns desk at my location. Now I kinda wish I would have just paid $6 to have the damn thing shipped. Not to mention someone put "wash me" on the back of my car while I was inside...lol.[/QUOTE]

I had the opposite experience, actually. The line for the cash registers was long, but I jumped over to Customer Service behind just one person.

Dam, doesn't seem to work anymore. I try to buy it online and it tells me it can't and then the MN store is all out.

Is this just online and shipped/shipped to nearest store or can the deal be simply found in store too?

Picked this up at Microcenter on Saturday; they had quite a few copies on the shelf. The game is a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

[quote name='padlok']My local MicroCenter sells out everytime before I have a chance to swing by.[/QUOTE]

Email says it is in store only this time around. Hopefully that increases your odds.

bread's done
Back