Hancock Blu Ray + PS3 Remote Bundle at Wal-Mart for $29.96

Davestation

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I was at Wal-mart today for an oil change and I was wondering around in the electronics section and found a special Wal-Mart Hancock with a PS3 remote bundle for $29.96. I snagged one up, and it was where all the Blu-Ray players where and not where the Blu-Ray movie are. I checked the first few pages and did not see a post about this. I opened it up and the remote is in original packaging and the Blu Ray factory sealed and has a white sticker over the UPC. For those who want the sku it is: Hanckock PS3......004339629966. Here is the pic, pretty good deal. I already have a remote for both of my PS3's so I will probably re-gift it to someone and keep Hancock.

100_8020.jpg

IMG%5D

[quote name='Davestation']No, Hancock has a White sticker over the barcode to prevent this.[/quote]

bummers.

well if they ever do this same package, or maybe a deal with Wall-e im in for one.

screw hancock. movie sucked.

[quote name='lovemetal626']so do you think i could exchange Hancock for Wall-e without a receipt?

they are marked the same exact price on walmart.com, i think in stores too.[/quote]No, you can't.

The included copy of Hancock is a bundled version, and one you can't exchange it for something else.

If you don't want Hancock, don't buy this bundle. Leave it for people that would buy it. :roll:

[quote name='Davestation']No, Hancock has a White sticker over the barcode to prevent this.[/quote]Good to hear someone was thinking ahead.

[quote name='shrike4242']
If you don't want Hancock, don't buy this bundle. Leave it for people that would buy it. :roll:

Good to hear someone was thinking ahead.[/quote]

QFT.

Don't like it, don't buy it. Save it for those of us who do want it.

Any CAG's willing to pick one up for a fellow CAG?

[quote name='necrojustice']You guys could just go to Circuit City and get the PS3 remote for $14.99 by itself.[/QUOTE]

This is for the first party remote? Or the Nyko one? Judging from the website, the latter.

I wish this was a movie I actually wanted, than I'd buy it.

If anyone wants to sell me a remote on the cheap, PM me.

just picked one up in Grandville, Michigan (last one, sorry). they were located on a table by the checkout in the media area, and also on a "Hancock" promo featuring the DVD, DVD set w/ beanie hat, Blu-ray and Blu-ray w/ PS3 remote.

**Also, it is the official Sony Remote that retails for $24.99

I'm hoping to get this soon. I checked at one Wal-Mart and no dice, but there are still 4-5 stores in driving distance. Hopefully one of them will have them. Hancock wasn't that terrible, but the PS3 remote makes it worth it alone. I hate controlling my system with the friggin' Dualshock...

I'm not sure why my last post was deleted since it did not violate the TOS in any way.

If someone is willing to sell me a remote (you keep the movie, I don't want it) for a fair price, PM me.

The Olive Branch, MS Wal-Mart had these in stock. About 3-4 left when I got mine. They're locked up near the Playstation controllers if anyone is interested. The PS3 remote alone is worth it. Thankfully I find Hancock bearable, so this is a steal IMO.

ok i went up there today and i could not find it where the blu ray movies are or where the ps3 accessories are. so i walked up to 2 different employees in the electronic dept and they both looked at me like i was stupid and said that they have not seen that or ever hear of that. so i guess they didnt get in my area(lewisville, Tx). thanks tho...wish i could have got one tho

Have you TRIED to call a Walmart lately?!?!? The hold time, the unanswered rings... the phone placed on counter to hear voices but never one speaking directly at you... Plus like some said, how do you desribe it over the phone... most of the 'help' I see or talk to in Electronics don't even know that a remote exists for the PS3... I'd rather walk-in, try my luck, walk out (and maybe find other deals) rather than go on a premise of some part-timer who thinks they know what I'm talking about.

[quote name='Darkflight']Have you TRIED to call a Walmart lately?!?!? The hold time, the unanswered rings... the phone placed on counter to hear voices but never one speaking directly at you... Plus like some said, how do you desribe it over the phone... most of the 'help' I see or talk to in Electronics don't even know that a remote exists for the PS3... I'd rather walk-in, try my luck, walk out (and maybe find other deals) rather than go on a premise of some part-timer who thinks they know what I'm talking about.[/quote]

I agree. For most people, a Wal-Mart (or Wal-Marts in my case) is usually only a few miles drive. Most of the people stock so much crap and work in different areas that its impossible for them to know every single item in the store.

Picked one of these up last night. Just like previous posters, it was in a spot you wouldn't see unless you were looking for it. It was in the blu-ray section but tucked away behind some other movies.

[quote name='Darkflight']No luck in Brea CA... So if anyone in Socal finds them... let me know...[/QUOTE]

They have them at the Walmart in the Crenshaw Plaza in LA. There is a whole display of dualshock 3 and on a shelf underneath that are the Hancock/PS3 remote combos. This was earlier in the week though so YMMV.

Very YMMV. I went to another WalMart in the OC and they didn't have them. However the one by my parents house in Glendora had a whole bunch in a glass case over near the TVs, where they have the Spectrobes DS game display.

I picked one up finally, but ended up returning it cause I need to buy my wife some Christmas presents and not my self. If they still have it in a week or two, I'll buy one for my Birthday for sure. :D If anybody in the Tampa area/ Florida area want's one, let me know via PM. I'd love to help out other CAG's.

yeah, i finally found one in Racine. They had quite a few yesterday although spread out. Some were by the DVDs, some were by the Hancock display.

Isn't there a Hancock coupon on some of those sheets that were sent out in the mail and in papers? Wonder if you could use that on the bundle? I think it was for $3 off.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Isn't there a Hancock coupon on some of those sheets that were sent out in the mail and in papers? Wonder if you could use that on the bundle? I think it was for $3 off.[/quote]

as just thinking the same... itd be nice

FYI to all, I was able to buy this with the coupon, saving $3.
:D

Puente Hills, CA: Walmart (COI)
They're located in the PS3 gamecase

Chino Hills, CA: SuperWalmart
PS3 Endcap, front of electronics

[quote name='Arakias']although one also seems to be on ebay for cheaper than retail:[/QUOTE]

Shipping (for me, anyway) is nearly $9, which actually makes it a bit more expensive than just picking it up from the store. Good if you can't find it at your local store, but that wouldn't be my first option.

bread's done
Back