Handheld / Portable System for >$50, for 5YO

mxyzplik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm looking for a handheld / portable system for my son who is 5. He's just wanting something to play in his room. A DS is overkill for his needs and for my budget, even used. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion on what and where to buy. Pacman, Mario, and of the classic type games would be good. Any advice is appreciated.

Why not just get him a Gameboy SP? It's backlit and I'm pretty sure can be had for less than 50$

I'm also pretty sure used DS Phats can be found for around your price on eBay, too.

I know you say DS is overkill, but if you check the thread on here you might be able to find the DS Lite at Radio Shack for a good price. I found one for $64.xx for my 5 YO and apparently I found out after the fact that there is a $10 Radio Shack coupon (see the silver PS3 Controller thread.)

Last edited by a moderator:
A used DS will be the best option. Not only should you be able to find one for ~$50, but they are the most durable portable systems out there. If you can get a DS Phat or DS Lite, they can also pay GBA games, which could help you find cheap games.

bread's done
Back