Hands up and amen! Wii Points pricing back to 19.99!

Scobie

CAGiversary!
Just got back in from TRU... they *finally* knocked the price of the Wii Points cards down from 24.99 to 19.99, which is as it should be. bestbuy.com also has them for 19.99 now.

Looks like Sears is about the last of the major retailers not getting with the program... still showing as 23.99 on their web site.

If anybody bought Wii Points cards at TRU or BB before the price drop, I'd highly recommend taking your receipt back to get a refund for the difference.

[quote name='furyk']Finally. GGC here I come.[/QUOTE]

Indeed!! But good luck finding them for a while. My local BB's are both cleaned out of Wii accessories. Any time new stock comes in, it's gone that day.

TRU had four Wii Points cards (all mine now), about 20 nunchuks, and some of the cases/bags. Nothing else.

[quote name='hhhdx4']GGC! oh wait every best buy out here is clean of them.[/quote]

There is a coupon on this site that has 5 dollars off any Wii accessory.

I want to know, who has all these accessories? I mean I don't see a lot of people with Wii's besides online. Why is so hard to find a control or even stupid points cards? If Nintendo was selling out all the time of point cards you would think they would say that the VC is doing super great and this and that.
Weird.

[quote name='Roufuss']Can't you just buy the points through the Wii, or are they more expensive then the points cards?[/QUOTE]

I second this question. They're $20.00 for 2000 points online via the Wii's Shop Channel. Still a penny a point. Buying cards just seems like more unnecessary waste. Unless, that is, you either don't have any credit and are card-less, too young to have a check card or credit card or just travelled forward in time from 1996 and are still paranoid that e-bandits will get your card number.

I couldnt find a card instore so I bought online, BUT it would have been nice to buy in store at BB and use the GGC for $5 off, virtually get a game for free

[quote name='help1']There is a coupon on this site that has 5 dollars off any Wii accessory.[/QUOTE]

can you post a link?...i ran a search and only came up with the xbox coupon

[quote name='help1']There is a coupon on this site that has 5 dollars off any Wii accessory.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe service or pre-paid cards are eligable

[quote name='Cambot']I second this question. They're $20.00 for 2000 points online via the Wii's Shop Channel. Still a penny a point. Buying cards just seems like more unnecessary waste. Unless, that is, you either don't have any credit and are card-less, too young to have a check card or credit card or just travelled forward in time from 1996 and are still paranoid that e-bandits will get your card number.[/quote]Getting cards for $15 with coupons is much better than $20 online.

[quote name='Roufuss']Can't you just buy the points through the Wii, or are they more expensive then the points cards?[/quote]

I've bought all my points this way. Takes about a minute to do so.

[quote name='botticus']Getting cards for $15 with coupons is much better than $20 online.[/QUOTE]

Unless you can't find them in stores (my local Best Buy had 0, I just checked) so getting cards for $15 is an impossibility right now.

[quote name='Cambot']I second this question. They're $20.00 for 2000 points online via the Wii's Shop Channel. Still a penny a point. Buying cards just seems like more unnecessary waste. Unless, that is, you either don't have any credit and are card-less, too young to have a check card or credit card or just travelled forward in time from 1996 and are still paranoid that e-bandits will get your card number.[/QUOTE]

In PA if you buy them online through Nintendo you are charged sales tax on them, if you buy them in the stores they are considered pre-paid cards and you are NOT charged tax. The same with ITunes cards.

[quote name='xbox_mole']In PA if you buy them online through Nintendo you are charged sales tax on them, if you buy them in the stores they are considered pre-paid cards and you are NOT charged tax. The same with ITunes cards.[/quote]Are you sure about the no tax thing, I got charged tax for one of those points cards in EB games the first time I bought one and I am in PA, maybe it is store by store thing.

[quote name='botticus']Getting cards for $15 with coupons is much better than $20 online.[/QUOTE]

That depends, after taxes you still are looking at around 16 bucks give or take depending on tax percentage (not sure if they charge tax, I cant remember when I bought 360 pionts), then if your BB is out of the way, you factor in gas, time, and points are ALWAYS available online, no worrying about the store not having them

Id assume the 20 fee online is a flat fee, I personally will pick up from BB as it is on my way from work every day, some people this is better

[quote name='Cambot']I second this question. They're $20.00 for 2000 points online via the Wii's Shop Channel. Still a penny a point. Buying cards just seems like more unnecessary waste. Unless, that is, you either don't have any credit and are card-less, too young to have a check card or credit card or just travelled forward in time from 1996 and are still paranoid that e-bandits will get your card number.[/QUOTE]
Or you know, you have 100 bucks in Best Buy gift cards. :rolleyes:

I bought a points card from my TRU on Friday, dont know how many they had but it came out to $21 and change after taxes.

I would prefer to buy through the Wii but unfortunately I'm credit cardless.

[quote name='Roufuss']Unless you can't find them in stores (my local Best Buy had 0, I just checked) so getting cards for $15 is an impossibility right now.[/quote]

It's not always going to be like that though, the possibility of getting a deal on Wii Points will still remain.

[quote name='yukine']It's not always going to be like that though, the possibility of getting a deal on Wii Points will still remain.[/QUOTE]

That's why I wrote "right now" at the end.

[quote name='yukine']It's not always going to be like that though, the possibility of getting a deal on Wii Points will still remain.[/QUOTE]

That's why I wrote "right now" at the end.

It's worth $5 to me to get Wii points while sitting in my basement and not having to drive to Best Buy and look at other flu carriers.

If you're store has the points cards and gamer gift cards.

I've seen neither in the local best buy.

[quote name='Roufuss']That's why I wrote "right now" at the end.[/quote]

Ah, I see. You just seem very pessimistic, I just wanted to assure you that deals will be had on these Point Cards eventually. ;)

I get charged tax for my points online in MI. :(

I still prefer buying them online though, I like to buy in ten dollar increments so i feel like i'm spending less.

[quote name='yukine']Ah, I see. You just seem very pessimistic, I just wanted to assure you that deals will be had on these Point Cards eventually. ;)[/QUOTE]

You'd be pessimistic too if you were in my situation regarding a Wii ;)

Are these really that hard to find? It seemed whenever I was looking for Wiimotes or nunchuks the one thing I could count on finding was Wii Points cards. Granted, some of those were at places like TRU where they were $24.99. But in general they aren't hard to find - I'll admit, though, I haven't been looking for 2 weeks or so. Maybe all the Wii's given for Christmas resulted in a rush of Wii Points card purchases during the next week. I'm sure they will be everywhere again, soon. The fact that they don't add anything good to the VC helps me, anyway. I need a new card (down to 500 points) but I can wait.

And, though others have stated it, I would MUCH RATHER use my trade-in credit at GR or EB to buy them than a full $20 in real money (or failing that use a GGC but I think they still cost too much that way). My EB credit only runs me about 40% of cost. So that makes things like SMB cost $2. And yet I still have only downloaded 2 games (Mario 64 and SMB). Yes, I am that much of a cheap-ass :lol:. I'd rather use my GR credit than my EB credit, so I've passed them up many times at EB/GS. But I might have to break down and snag one the next time I see them so I'm ready for any decent N64 games.

bread's done
Back