Happy Birthday PS3!

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
PS3 is now 1 year old! :applause:

20071116-100020-2.jpg

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I don't know if this is technically the PS3 birthday, because I thought it came out on November 17th at midnight?[/QUOTE]
Maybe he's counting days according to the lunar cycle. :)

Anniversary of the worst experience of my life (camping out at a Wal-Mart for 36 hours w/o sleeping for ~50 hours)...ah to be back in college...

[quote name='Richlough']I guess one more year .:roll:[/QUOTE]Seiously, you only come to the Sony forum to FUD. Why are you wasting time here when all you gotta do is bring your Wii60 BS here and continue infecting the PS3 forum with FUD?

Anyway, I said long ago Death to all Scalpers, and I still feel the same way. I would have had my PS3 earlier if it wasn't for some scalper. Oh well, I still

[quote name='The Mana Knight']And you don't have one right now, but I guarantee you'll buy one back. ;)[/quote]

This would be true for me if they had kept backwards compatability...now, I'm not so sure. If all I'm getting are current-gen games I might end up owning a MS console for the first time...

[quote name='Wlogan31']This would be true for me if they had kept backwards compatability...now, I'm not so sure. If all I'm getting are current-gen games I might end up owning a MS console for the first time...[/QUOTE]Uh, they are keeping BC with the 80GB model (that model is staying). The 40GB was only created to give people a cheaper PS3 who don't care much about PS2 BC (although PS1 BC is there). Removing it allowed them to save the money. If you want BC, get 80GB. If you don't care, buy a 40GB.

If you wanted the 60GB badly, the overall problem is, it's technically not possible to price it cheap (even the 20GB, which is a stripped down 60GB in many ways, was very pricey to make).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Seiously, you only come to the Sony forum to FUD. Why are you wasting time here when all you gotta do is bring your Wii60 BS here and continue infecting the PS3 forum with FUD?

Anyway, I said long ago Death to all Scalpers, and I still feel the same way. I would have had my PS3 earlier if it wasn't for some scalper. Oh well, I still

I didn't even have to scalp. About an hour or so before midnight, this guy came to the layaway section where we were waiting and was offering to buy someone's spot in line for $600. There were 14 people in line (8 60GB, 2 60GB vouchers, and 4 20GB) and I was the only person that didn't turn him down. I had two spots, so I sold him the spot directly behind me for $650 and used his cash to pay for mine. :cool:

No camping for me. I spent 2 hours in front of Gamestop before they opened about 2 or 3 weeks before the PS3 was released a pre-ordered it.

Walked in on launch day and grabbed it. No lines, no camping, I'm awesome :D

[quote name='whoknows']No camping for me. I spent 2 hours in front of Gamestop before they opened about 2 or 3 weeks before the PS3 was released a pre-ordered it.

Walked in on launch day and grabbed it. No lines, no camping, I'm awesome :D[/QUOTE]

I was the first to pre order at GS!

Walked right in and got my PS3! damn! that was a good day!

Happy Bday to the Triple! It was a decent year for us PS3 owners, but next year will be ridiculously good, and that is an understatement.

[quote name='Wlogan31']Anniversary of the worst experience of my life (camping out at a Wal-Mart for 36 hours w/o sleeping for ~50 hours)...ah to be back in college...[/QUOTE]Best experience of my life, fucking around outside Target all night with giant playground balls and alcohol. Went back for the Wii launch but that sucked, it was 75% parents waiting in line to get one for their kids.

I couldn't get the time off work so I wasn't able to try and camp out until 5:00PM the night before launch. My friend and I planned on camping all night but of course by then it was too late. My plan was to camp at Gamerush since it seemed to be the least talked about place that was supposed to get them at launch. Of course they didn't so we were hosed.

Ended up finding one at Best Buy about 3 weeks later, the same day my son was born.

The 2008 is getting started real nice. PS3 has some good games out for it now, so its a good lead into the 2008 year. The PS3 launch was like nothing I had ever seen.. people making videos of breaking the PS3 out in front of people in line waiting for it... that was some fanboy shit there. People trying to make money off of it... Scalpers really hurt the PS3 launch.. worldwide

This month alone, I bought Assassin's Creed, and Call of Duty 4;
Last month, it was The eye of Judgement, Guitar Hero III, and GRAW 2(I think)

after one year... I own 26 PS3 games (BD Disc)

[quote name='snakelda']lol,drinking alcohol outside target?[/QUOTE]I know. We were fucking around with the giant playground ball and all of a sudden everybody had cups of UV Blue and Redbull, provided by the first two guys in line (not sure where they got it from, didn't see them leave). I actually had to take my buddy home because he got pretty drunk.

bread's done
Back