Happy Birthday Sega Dreamcast and Sony PlayStation 1!

DrMunkee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
11 years ago today, the Sega Dreamcast was released to the masses (In NA, that is). While it had a short lifespan, most of us have fond memories of staying up all night playing Phantasy Star Online, taking down Dr. Robotnik in the only good 3D sonic games, and enjoying some of the most obscurely fun games in the history of video gaming (Chu Chu Rocket? Jet Grind Radio?).

Dust off that old white box (or black, should you be a sports fan), find your still awesome VMU's, and pop in some memories.

EDIT : It has come to my attention that, 15 years ago, the original PlayStation was also released!

Last edited by a moderator:
Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2, and Virtua Tennis were my favorite games for the system. Played a lot of NFL 2k, too.

I only stopped playing mine after it stopped functioning properly. It stopped reading discs one day, and I never bothered to repair or replace it. I saved up money for a PS2, and picked up that instead and never looked back.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Just traded mine a few weeks ago.........for a toaster oven. :/ But, in my defense, it's like a $90 toaster oven.[/QUOTE]

dreamcast for a toaster.... ohhh poor dreamcast how has thou fallen

Man, I still remember going to pick up the Dreamcast and booting it up for the first time.

My best memories are from Soul Calibur, Powerstone 1/2, Sonic Adventure, Jet Set Radio, and the bajillions of fighters on the system. Oh, and good ol' Chu Chu Rocket... I can't forget about you.

Have a very happy birthday Dreamcast, thanks for all the great times.

Suddenly I have the urge to find sailors....

sailors2.jpg

just bought a ps1 for 10 dollars like half a year ago all i own is metal gear solid for it (great game)

[quote name='force_assassin']Man, I still remember going to pick up the Dreamcast and booting it up for the first time.
[/QUOTE]

I remember booting up my dreamcast for the first time also. Launch year X-Mas day. By the next day it didn't even work anymore. Had to take it back and get a PSX.

bread's done
Back