Happy Dreamcast Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
A whole day dedicated to Dreamcast seems a bit much. Shouldn't we dedicate about 8 hours or less to the Dreamcast?

I like to think that on earth-2, that the dreamcast won the battle over ps2 & that the dreamcast 3 just came out.

Here's some launch pics:

http://www.videogameobsession.com/videogame/9-9-99/

This is my favorite on the site. It just epitomizes the late '90s perfectly.

dreamcast.launch.9.9.99-10-edit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so since we are remembering Dreamcast lets post great Dreamcast deals we've all picked up in the past. or just let this thread die and demand they give us a deal remembrance thread!!

All I can say is 3 pack CD-Rs from Dollar Tree haha

Sega Dreamcast was an amazing system, and I have some truly awesome memories from having owned it. I turned 15 in the summer of 1999 and saved the money I received as a birthday gift to buy the console. I bought the system on launch day back in '99, but one thing I don't recall was if I had actually pre-ordered it, or if I just called around town looking for one like a maniac. I guess it doesn't matter.

I didn't have enough money to buy a game along with the console, but I didn't care. I was just stoked to score a system believe it or not. I knew the games would come soon enough, and they did right away. My mom had driven me to pick the system up that day, and she knew I couldn't afford any games so she bought me a couple. I chose Sonic Adventure and Soul Calibur.

I still have most of the games I owned during the system's run, but I'm pretty sure the system is finished. They don't cost too much these days, and I can easily pick one up. The one game I regret not having anymore is the PAL version of Shenmue 2. I lent it to a friend, who then put it in his storage and then decided to leave town without paying it off,

When you look at something like PS2, it had like 1000 games but only 10% of them were objectively good.
LOL. Please post the objective criteria for "good game." Might put a lot of game reviewers on the street, but eh, screw 'em, they've been unnecessary all along, it seems.

BTW, congrats on this thread existing more than 24 hours now and still residing in "Video Game Deals." I find it somewhat interesting reading, but nevertheless, it's a clear indication that nobody's on the bridge at CAG these days.

You know, I used to care about which system I thought was better. Now that doesn't matter; I just like to enjoy what I have at the time...well...with what time I have to enjoy my games/systems and lieu of buying more, lol.

That's what she said! Now I can fit in with you guys right? If you think "no HDMI kills the deal" is funny, then I'd hate to attend whatever party you people host or go to. I can imagine a bunch of guys standing around in sweaters with not a woman in sight; some really thick glasses; maybe a board game...

Can't believe a thread like this makes it this long here.

I think the CAG community should just post *every* thread in Video Game Deals. 

On-topic (for an off-topic), my Dreamcast is still hooked up.  I play some Samba De Amigo (and ver. 2000) from time to time.  Was happy to pick up two official maraca sets for less than $20 each way back when.

That's what she said! Now I can fit in with you guys right? If you think "no HDMI kills the deal" is funny, then I'd hate to attend whatever party you people host or go to. I can imagine a bunch of guys standing around in sweaters with not a woman in sight; some really thick glasses; maybe a board game...
You just killed a great deal thread.

Anyone know where you can get the original Typing of the dead, for the PC? My nice has to start a typing program to practice at home and i think that would be great for her. Unfortunately I cant find it anywhere. I dont think it ever went up for digital purchase or anything. I see the remake, overkill, but thats got a lo f swearing and a grindhouse feel to it that wont work for her

I do have a DC but never got a keyboard for it, it would be best to find the PC version

Anyone know where you can get the original Typing of the dead, for the PC? My nice has to start a typing program to practice at home and i think that would be great for her. Unfortunately I cant find it anywhere. I dont think it ever went up for digital purchase or anything. I see the remake, overkill, but thats got a lo f swearing and a grindhouse feel to it that wont work for her

I do have a DC but never got a keyboard for it, it would be best to find the PC version
Can try your luck on ebay, looks like there's one auction up with a starting bid of $10 which is pretty reasonable compared to what else I have been able to find.

Why is this garbage still here?

The off topic and no deal topics is getting out of hand. Im finding myself more and more having to go to slickdeals just to keep up with game deals because this board is always so clusterfucked with crap

Why is this garbage still here?

The off topic and no deal topics is getting out of hand. Im finding myself more and more having to go to slickdeals just to keep up with game deals because this board is always so clusterfucked with crap
Ewwwww. I can't believe you'd do that.

Somewhat agree. I don't go to SD specifically for game deals; I go there because it has deals on all kinds of stuff; however, I find that increasingly I learn of game deals there first (and maybe even exclusively) instead of CAG. I know my visits to CAG are down because it has dropped off my browser's Frequent list.

Subjectively, it does seem like the abuse of the Video Game Deals forum has increased lately. And while I can forgive the mods for perhaps having a soft spot for the Dreamcast and allowing this thread to remain here, doing so just encourages the abuse we've been seeing.

Ewwwww. I can't believe you'd do that.
Trust me I don't want too, I feel dirty browsing their site

But I have downright been missing deals and opportunities because of the clutter on this board. They used to keep it on topic but lately its like a god damn blog with the off topic crap

Its not like there aren't discussion areas on this site covering every freaking topic. Im really not sure whats with the mods lately

Its bad enough when people derail threads into circlejerks about the game and other topics not relating to the game deal itself but lately now its full topics that get constantly bumped by people carrying on and on knocking legitimate deals off the front page

But I have downright been missing deals and opportunities because of the clutter on this board. They used to keep it on topic but lately its like a god damn blog with the off topic crap

Its not like there aren't discussion areas on this site covering every freaking topic. Im really not sure whats with the mods lately

Its bad enough when people derail threads into circlejerks about Eldritch
Fixed.

So much whine

Its bad enough when people derail threads into circlejerks about the game and other topics not relating to the game deal itself but lately now its full topics that get constantly bumped by people carrying on and on knocking legitimate deals off the front page
black-kid-crying.gif

Target gift card
Paper plates
Quart freezer bags x2
Gallon freezer bags
Frozen pizza (whatever is on sale except that Red Baron shit)
Rolls
Applegate roast turkey
Organic spring mix
Ground turkey
Cape cod chips -reduced fat
brown mustard
Listerine

Target gift card
Paper plates
Quart freezer bags x2
Gallon freezer bags
Frozen pizza (whatever is on sale except that Red Baron shit)
Rolls
Applegate roast turkey
Organic spring mix
Ground turkey
Cape cod chips -reduced fat
brown mustard
Listerine
Good post, but start a new thread in this section next time instead.

I loved my dreamcast.  I spent a whole summer doing nothing but playing Phantasy Star Online.  Along with all the other awesome games.  But nooooooooo, everyone had to jump over to the PS2 and kill my Dreamcast!

Not a deal, but I'll play along because the Dreamcast has a special place in my gaming heart.

It was the first *brand new* console I ever received and I got it for Christmas when I was a kid. Probably one of my favorite Christmas memories ever. I couldn't afford to buy any games for it initially and my parents didn't really have the money either, so I just played that demo disc Generator Vol 1. over and over again until I could save up the cash to buy some actual games. Even when I ended up eventually getting an Xbox and a PS2, I still played the Dreamcast because I preferred it. Still do to this day.

I still have it boxed up in my basement now, and I likely will never get rid of it because it means that much to me. Say it sucks, say it failed.. I still think it's better machine than either the PS2 or the Xbox of it's generation. The inability to play DVDs, lack of protection to stop burned  games, and lack of third party license games is what killed it. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back