hard drive upgrade

gsgtpepper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
so I should be getting my 4 GB 360 from Amazon tomorrow. I plan on upgrading the hard drive (and no, I don't want to get a 3rd party hard drive, get the enclosure, etc.) I have been reading on various forums about some sort of license transfer. Do I need to worry about that with an official MS hard drive? Can I just open the box, swap out the drives, and I'm good to go or do I need to set it up first and then swap the drives out? Thanks. I am now officially one of the losers with all 3 current systems. Fun times.

I won't have any data since it is right out of the box. Or are there preinstalled things that are not on the 250\320 GB hard drives? I just want to know if I will be fine opening the box, swapping out the drives, and starting it up.

If you buy the Xbox hard drive (the actual one) it will have stuff on it, however if you are doing a data transfer that drive will be completly wiped before the actual transfer happens, you wont have the full 250 (or 320 if you get that drive) but the XBLA game trial crap will be removed.

don't mean to take over this thread, but the topic is exactly what I'm looking,
about to get a new system up and running had couple questions:

I have a old 60gb system - upgrading to slim 250, can I just pop that old HD into a small enclosure and use it as is? or is that harddrive only good with that old machine?

Can't find the answer to whether a HardDrive is linked to a machine and does it need reformatted to be used in a different machine.

I know I'll be doing a license transfer for the digital rights, just curious about the HD issue

I also have a old 120gb I was take out of the huge case, put in a slim harddrive enclosure and give to friend who got a 8gb bundle, figured that was be super easy to do

bread's done
Back