Hard shell cases for DS?

WildWop

CAGiversary!
I remember an aluminum cover for the GBA SP (I think it was a Nyko, but I could be wrong), and was wondering if there was such a thing for the DS? The outside of my portables tend to take a beating as a result of my commute, and I'd like to be able to protect my $150 investment.

Has anyone seen an accessory like this for the DS?

They do sell a metal case. I cant remeber where i saw it, I think it was in a magazine and it said that the case so be out at the same time as the DS.

There is a Hard shell case out for the DS. It is by Intec and is called the Safe Case. you can get them at Gamestop in store or online. They are 11.99 They came out on Wednesdau before Thanksgiving in some areas, and on Friday in others. Look for it you won't be disappointed.

[quote name='Johnnyb']There is a Hard shell case out for the DS. It is by Intec and is called the Safe Case. you can get them at Gamestop in store or online. They are 11.99 They came out on Wednesdau before Thanksgiving in some areas, and on Friday in others. Look for it you won't be disappointed.[/quote]

Excellent, thanks!

[quote name='Bivensra']When / If Saunders develops a Rhinoskin, it will be better b/c you can play the DS while keeping it in the protective case.[/quote]

Is there any way to find out if they are going to be making one?

EDIT: Actually, does anyone know of a B&M that carries Rhinoskin for GBA SP? I'll be taking that on a trip with me next week and can't wait for it to ship to me off of the Saunders website.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='Bivensra']When / If Saunders develops a Rhinoskin, it will be better b/c you can play the DS while keeping it in the protective case.[/quote]

Is there any way to find out if they are going to be making one?

EDIT: Actually, does anyone know of a B&M that carries Rhinoskin for GBA SP? I'll be taking that on a trip with me next week and can't wait for it to ship to me off of the Saunders website.[/quote]

I bought my Rhinoskin for the SP from Compusa. You may also want to Goggle the rhinoskin and a price comparison which shows where it is available might pop up. I emailed Saunders and asked them if they will produce a skin for the DS. Still no response. Being able to play while having the game protected is great.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Why the hell would you need a case for a GBA SP or a DS?

That is the ONLY reason for the clamshell design.[/quote]

maybe he's extra-rough with it. or maybe he just wants one. does it matter? :lol:

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='Quackzilla']Why the hell would you need a case for a GBA SP or a DS?

maybe he's extra-rough with it. or maybe he just wants one. does it matter? :lol:[/quote]

Unless he stores it up his ass there is no need for a case.

He is supporting "the man" through buying stupid accessories.

Actually, some people don't like the exteriors of their new toys to get scratched up. I kept my NES GBA:SP in a little bag that I found (I think it used to hold a lil' bottle of crown royal) and it STILL doesn't have a scratch on it. I like that, and I'd like to keep my DS like that. When I toss the thing into my bookbag or suitcase I don't want it to get scratched up. The only thing this doesn't apply for is my iPod (simply because the damn this was going to get scratched up anyways).

EDIT: Clamshell also makes it a lot more portable... two screens on top of each other in an open unit would make to much sense eh?

[quote name='Quackzilla']Why the hell would you need a case for a GBA SP or a DS?

It protects the clam shell. Many SP and DS owners on this site have complained of scratches. I have had my SP for well over a year and it is in pristine condition. The case also protects it if you hurl it across the room in frustration. :twisted:

[quote name='neonglow']How comfortable is it playing the SP with the Rhinoskin on it?[/quote]

No problem at all. I am so used to it, it feels weird to use my son's SP b/c he has a neoprene skin as opposed to the rhinskin.

[quote name='Quackzilla']NEOPRENE?!?

Is he going scuba diving in the arctic ocean with his DS?[/quote]

What can I say??? Some cell phone cases are made of the same thing.

[quote name='Quackzilla'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='Quackzilla']Why the hell would you need a case for a GBA SP or a DS?

maybe he's extra-rough with it. or maybe he just wants one. does it matter? :lol:[/quote]

Unless he stores it up his ass there is no need for a case.

He is supporting "the man" through buying stupid accessories.[/quote]

You bring up a good point. Does KY make a specialty lubed-up DS case?

Today I received an e-mail from the company that makes the Rhinskin and they said they have no current plans to make a skin for the DS

bread's done
Back