[Hard to find]Castle Shikigami 2 (PS2) for $9.82 at Walmart.com, 97cent shipping

D. Monic

CAGiversary!
What makes this a deal isn't the price (MSRP is $9.99) but the fact they actually have it in stock! The cheap shipping doesn't hurt either.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?dept=2636&product_id=3266523

The game only came out last month and is already very hard to find. It's no longer listed on either the EB or Gamestop Web sites, and a worker at EB said it's been discontinued. I'm not sure if that's true, but it's clear that the initial print run sold very quickly. AFAIK, Walmart.com is the only site that still has it.

Good luck,

-DM

[quote name='Scorch']I wonder why all images have an XBox logo in the bottom right corner of them..[/quote]

Probably because they're running on the GameBoxToo?

And yes, thanks OP, I grabbed a copy of it as well.

Now it's $9.82. Price drop!

I still have it in the shrinkwrap... but I'll end up opening it. I can't see it going way up in value, since anyone who's THAT interested in it probably got it on release.

Good deal. Thanks a lot. I'm gonna pick up a copy...only coz the game is cheap. What do you mean an impulse buy? :roll:

[quote name='jrutz']Cha-ching! Looks like this one's gonna stay in the shrink wrapping... ;)

Thanks OP!

Jeremy[/quote]

Video games are not a good investment.

I'll pick up one, and it will probably stay in the shrink wrap, just because I won't get to playing it for a while.

[quote name='Ninjamyst']it's going for less than $15.00 on ebay and the game received crappy reviews....[/quote]

Did it? Where? Certainly not online, where reviews are almost impossible to come by. I wouldn't expect the magazines to like it though.

As for whether it's good, it depends what you like. It's a vertically scrolling shoot em up, much like games like 1942 from the 80s. It's harder and much more intense than that, and is generally known as a "Bullet Hell" game due to the crazy amounts of bullets you have to dodge through. It's a lot of fun if you're into it, or can get into it. If you don't like old-school scrolling shooters though, you'll probably hate it.

I picked it up on day one.

If you like shooters, pick this one up. It is great; 5 different ships, each with different primary and secondary weapons. I've only spotted slowdown when the bosses blow up.

I'd pay $20 for it.

It's pretty typical of shooters to recieve poor reviews. I enjoyed the first Shikigami. The tension system makes the game. It's fun weaving in and out of bullets, trying to stay as close as possible to keep your tension up.

[quote name='Scorch']I wonder why all images have an XBox logo in the bottom right corner of them..[/quote]
The Red X in the bottom right corner is for Xs games, the publisher.

The link I posted in the other thread to CD Universe, is now backordered supposedly until April 2005. So grab it from Walmart while you can... I don't know of another online retailer that has it available.

Thanks. I've seen some insane videos of this series and I've always wanted to play it. It doesn't get much better than random Japanese shooter weirdness. Should certainly be worth the ten bucks.

i ordered my copy on november 30th from them.

they cancelled it and sent me a email stating that they won't have it in stock again.

i'm going to be mad if it actually is.

someone post if there order actually ships.

[quote name='Crono']i ordered my copy on november 30th from them.

they cancelled it and sent me a email stating that they won't have it in stock again.

someone post if there order actually ships.[/quote]
Walmart incompetent? Never!

Just try ordering it again.

[quote name='Crono']i ordered my copy on november 30th from them.

someone post if there order actually ships.[/quote]

I was afraid of something like that. This is my third Walmart.com order, I was hoping it would be my first successful one.

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='jrutz']Cha-ching! Looks like this one's gonna stay in the shrink wrapping... ;)

Thanks OP!

Jeremy[/quote]

Video games are not a good investment.

I'll pick up one, and it will probably stay in the shrink wrap, just because I won't get to playing it for a while.[/quote]

maybe he likes keeping them around in his collection....

Maybe someone can call XS games and ask them if they're going to make more. They also published Syberia and Syberia 2, they're not that broke and dumpy of a publisher not to be able to manufacture more if they wanted to.

[quote name='dafoomie']Maybe someone can call XS games and ask them if they're going to make more. They also published Syberia and Syberia 2, they're not that broke and dumpy of a publisher not to be able to manufacture more if they wanted to.[/quote]

I emailed them earlier today about them re releasing castle shikigami 2. I will post as soon as a get a reply

[quote name='PhrostByte']It doesn't look too rare. Ebay has a bunch of copies of both this game and Mobile Light Force 2.[/quote]

Of course ebay has a lot of copies. We arent the only ones exploiting this deal.

[quote name='PhrostByte']It doesn't look too rare. Ebay has a bunch of copies of both this game and Mobile Light Force 2.[/quote]
Not for the MSRP. Mobile Light Force 2 is a dime a dozen though, you can't give that game away.

[quote name='shakezula'][quote name='PhrostByte']It doesn't look too rare. Ebay has a bunch of copies of both this game and Mobile Light Force 2.[/quote]

Of course ebay has a lot of copies. We arent the only ones exploiting this deal.[/quote]

Exploiting? The RP is $10

The order for this game is my fourth with WalMart.com and the three previous have been problem free.

Hopefully, this one will continue the trend.

[quote name='PhrostByte'][quote name='shakezula'][quote name='PhrostByte']It doesn't look too rare. Ebay has a bunch of copies of both this game and Mobile Light Force 2.[/quote]

Of course ebay has a lot of copies. We arent the only ones exploiting this deal.[/quote]

Exploiting? The RP is $10[/quote]

yeah it is now. Wait till they stop making it (and they will, the game actually blows), it will go up in value. As I said earlier, I will post when I get a response from XS.

Well, I finally took the bait and registered at Walmart.com :cool: I hope this actually goes through. I enjoy shooters so can' t really go wrong for this price. Thanks OP!

I ordered too. It's gotten a 70 and 60 from a couple of no-name sites (well, I've never heard of them) at Game Rankings. I'm hoping I can't go wrong with a shooter that at least a few poeple here say is good. Shooters are fun.

Wth? I ordered two copies before, yet they said they aren't shipping till MARCH. Now Wal-Mart posts more copies and they are shipping? I don't get this at all.

[quote name='dafoomie']Its just like any Walmart store... They don't know what they have, how much they have, or when they'll have it.[/quote]

..but they'll sell ya a copy anyways! :D

i have a question about this game.

on the back of the case it said that 8mb memory is required to save this game? that's like using the whole memory card!

did anyone try the game yet to confirm this?
(mine is still sealed because i don't have time to play it yet...)

bread's done
Back