[Hard to find]Castle Shikigami 2 (PS2) for $9.82 at Walmart.com, 97cent shipping

D. Monic

CAGiversary!
What makes this a deal isn't the price (MSRP is $9.99) but the fact they actually have it in stock! The cheap shipping doesn't hurt either.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?dept=2636&product_id=3266523

The game only came out last month and is already very hard to find. It's no longer listed on either the EB or Gamestop Web sites, and a worker at EB said it's been discontinued. I'm not sure if that's true, but it's clear that the initial print run sold very quickly. AFAIK, Walmart.com is the only site that still has it.

Good luck,

-DM

is probably just an error on the publisher of the cover. Just like some games like Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for Xbox from Japan said that it had downloadable content. I think someone told me this, or was just feeding me a spoon of .... that thing.

[quote name='tripleh']i have a question about this game.

on the back of the case it said that 8mb memory is required to save this game? that's like using the whole memory card!

did anyone try the game yet to confirm this?
(mine is still sealed because i don't have time to play it yet...)[/quote]

A printing error. It takes up very little mem space.

It's a great game and faithfully localized unlike XS' previous efforts but don't go hoping to make money investing game.

[quote name='xzafixz']
Preorder this item today and it should ship on 04/01/2005

:shock:[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... I think I might wait a couple months on this one. Nothing's more frustrating then submitting an order to find out that it doesn't come out for months and ends up getting cancelled. And I don't trust walmart for that long.

/bestbuy fury

WTF?

Both of my copies have "shipped". Yet it says "Will arrive between Wednesday, 04/06/05, and Friday, 04/08/05". Please tell me this is a joke on Wal-Marts part, because I can't cancel the order since it supposedly shipped, and I bet my CC was charged.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']WTF?

Both of my copies have "shipped". Yet it says "Will arrive between Wednesday, 04/06/05, and Friday, 04/08/05". Please tell me this is a joke on Wal-Marts part, because I can't cancel the order since it supposedly shipped, and I bet my CC was charged.[/quote]

Ditto. Perhaps they are saving money by using pony express?

hey if you are interested in shooters
you can find Mobile Light Force for like $3
at EB. It is a PSone game made distributed by the same comp.
XS games.....

there is a mobile light force 2 for ps2 as well
i saw it for $5 on KB toys website

the first Mobile Light Force for PSone is very fun
if a little hard and way too short!

just my opinion but i love Psikyo's shooting games
even if they are 8 years old! At least they are getting a US release:)

Big Up XS Games ! ! !

[quote name='polaricecaves']hey if you are interested in shooters
you can find Mobile Light Force for like $3
at EB. It is a PSone game made distributed by the same comp.
XS games.....

there is a mobile light force 2 for ps2 as well
i saw it for $5 on KB toys website

the first Mobile Light Force for PSone is very fun
if a little hard and way too short!

just my opinion but i love Psikyo's shooting games
even if they are 8 years old! At least they are getting a US release:)

Big Up XS Games ! ! ![/quote]
Mobile Light Force 1 is the US version of Gunbird, Mobile Light Force 2 is Castle Shikigami 1. Both have all story elements removed, pretty much the heart of the game, and leave only the gameplay. Castle Shikigami 2 is different because the story is fully intact, although the translation isn't great, and the voice acting is terrible, but both are bad enough to be fairly humorous.

XS games also butchered another Psikyo shooter called Sol Divide. I hear its pretty good, but would have been better if a competent publisher brought it over. At least they made an effort at all with this new one.

[quote name='Free Artest']This game looks like teh suck, is it any good?[/quote]
You have to like the genre to appriciate this game. If you like Gradius, Gunbird 2, Giga Wing 2, Mars Matrix, Ikaruga, Silpheed, Gunstar Heroes, games of that ilk, you'll like it. If you don't, then you won't. Its a good but not great 2d scrolling shooter.

OK, I want to try this game, cuz I like shooters, but when is it shipping? Now or in April? I'm not paying for a game that's shipping in April.

[quote name='gmzone']OK, I want to try this game, cuz I like shooters, but when is it shipping? Now or in April? I'm not paying for a game that's shipping in April.[/quote]

Mine arrived earlier this week. Only took nine days all told.

OK, just ordered my copy of the game. Not to sell, but to play. At around $13 w/ S&H and tax, I won't be too upset if the game isn't the greatest.

Did you open the game? Does it really have that many f-up's in the book and on the back of the box, like it taking a whole memory card to save?

People curious about this game should get it. I've already played it out a ton on dreamcast. It came out for DC earlier this year (I think) in japan and is a direct port of Shigami No Shiro 2. I played the arcade version of it at Arcade Infinity. Anyway, it's a really fun game and looks to be exactly the same version. So year, I love it, and if you like shooters then I suggest you grab it. It's not quite as hard as say, Ikaruga, but it still poses some challenge.

[quote name='gmzone']Did you open the game? Does it really have that many f-up's in the book and on the back of the box, like it taking a whole memory card to save?[/quote]

Yes, there are quite a few typos in the book and really bad translation in-game... and no, it only takes a couple hundred KB at most to save...

bread's done
Back