Hardest GC game of 2003

BlueStorm781

CAGiversary!
The GC has seen some a few of the toughest releases in terms of difficulty this year. Which of the following to you think is the hardest GC game of 2003?

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I can't beleive someone thinks VJ is harder than F-zero! VJ is incrediblly easy compared to most games, but to F-zero?![/quote]

Whats it matter, both are childsplay compared to Ikaruga.

dude, where's loz: wind waker. that game is freaking hard. heh. anyways, fzero is not child's play compared to ikaruga. have you tried story mode? that's some commitment there.

I've only played F-Zero GX and Ikaruga (I own Ikaruga) and let me tell you, Ikaruga rapes me up the ass every time I put it in my cube.

That game is difficult.

As far as Wind Waker.... it was faily easy, I'd call it medium... I didn't play it for a few months but then beat Ganondorf on the second try. He was a bitch. I figure I'll play through it again and try to get a more accurate reading of difficulty. Still, it's Zelda and it owns you.

lmao. i was being very sarcastic at zelda ww being hard. that game is a pushover. oot was easy too but hard compared to ww.

[quote name='fanskad']I think F-Zero.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you just bumped an incredibly old post...and I guess I just did as well...

I actually still haven't played any of the three listed above, but as far as I can tell, Ikaruga takes the cake.;)

fzero is pretty hard to beat everything (story mode very hard, pilot fmvs, staff ghosts), however, after i beat all the story mode missions on very hard, everything else seemed pretty easy, just time consuming.

ikaruga is definately hard. I have it on DC and have not finished it.

HAHAHAHAHA 13 people voted Viewitful Joe.

Imho Ikaruga is the hardest GC game out there right now, atleast for me.

I think F-Zero GX wins my vote on this one. I've yet to beat the 3rd mission(on NORMAL mode), and some of the track designs are just killer.

I didn't really find it on the same level as Ikaruga(but I only played that on the DC, did they amp up the difficulty more on the GC version or something? Either way, it's a blast, probably one of the top 3 shooters ever.)

Ikaruga was very challenging, yet still fun. i can only get to stage 3, the speed tunnels get me or the 3rd boss, space station, gets me every time. wish i had a buddy to play with, then it'll be easier. solo runs on Ikaruga is crazy!

F-Zero GX was challenging as well. i finished story mode on normal. tip: try changing your viewpoint to see the tracks better. then, repeat, and keep trying. oh, and try not to toss your controller while you're at it.

Ikaruga is nuts. the thing that gets me is it's totally my fault every time I die XD

I think F-Zero GX is harder. Sometimes I even have problem finishing a course. Don't have that problem with Ikaruga. VJ is definitely the easiest.

Ikaruga is the hardest game I have ever played..My god..Took me hours to beat it, and even then I finished by the skin of my teeth. Great game though.

Here's the difference. With Ikaruga, it is quite hard, but you know you'll beat it eventually because the game tacks on another credit for every hour you play. The difficulty is done in a way where you're really pushing yourself to finish the game, but the game gives you a chance to actually get through it. I feel myself continuously getting better with every play session.

With F-Zero GX, there are just certain monstrous things about it that you know, your skills as a gamer, you will never, ever beat. I beat the Story Mode on Normal (aka Easy) but I can't even get past the FIRST LEVEL on Hard. I fear what Very Hard is like. Bear in mind I love F-Zero, that game is awesome, but I also know the way the computer challenges are set up I'll never have the twitch skills to make it quite that far, and it was hard enough getting through single player the first time. Arguably some people could probably never beat even the second level on Normal (the one with the boulders).

Ikaruga, things are nuts, but I think the timing and twitch skills in it are more forgivable over time. The game does ease you into it, the first level being far easier than Level 5. The question is, do you want to be the game on Hard with one credit? Also, the difference between Easy/Normal/Hard is quite drastic, almost feeling like a different game. See, that's a different stratification.

[quote name='technic']F-Zero is pretty fucking hard actually. But Ikaruga is still harder.[/QUOTE]

I learned to beat Ikaruga on normal with one life in a few weeks.

I still cant beat the f-zero story missions on anything but easy and I played f-zero alot more.

1)Ikaruga - frustrated to the point I got rid of it...dont ask
2)F-Zero - played it for 30min. and tossed it
3)Viewtiful Joe - ended up getting the PS2 version...Shhh...it was for Dante, lol

i can beat most f-zero gx missions on hard and very hard cept for couple, like the race in the valcano/lava level, and the one where u have to save jody, those levels take perfect use of boost and driving.

ikaruga is one of th best shooters i've played in a long time, takes skill and memory, i still cant beat it with one life on normal

viewtiful joe wasnt hard at all, it shouldnt even be on the list

all these games are great, glad they are on the cube

bread's done
Back