Harry Potter 3 question (warning: spoilers!)

Captain J

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
I just saw Harry Potter POA last night and I had a question I hope someone can answer: I got to the part when Harry gets into the tree and is choking Sirrius Black and then my cell phone rang and I had to answer it and when I came back, they were friends! So what happened to make them friends? thanks in advance for the answer.

also what did everyone think about the movie? i thought it was great!

i know but my friend is in the hospital and i need to know if anything is wrong or not. i like harry potter, but my friend is more important!

OK, here's what happened. You know Ron's rat, Scabbers? And you know how certain wizards can turn into animals (Sirrius)? Well, Scabbers is really a wizard in animal form. Scabbers is really Peter Pettigrew, remember they said that Sirrius killed Peter Pettigrew and there was only a finger left? Well, that's a lie. Peter was the one who told Voldemort where Harry's parents were, and then to disappear, he cut off his finger to make it look like he got blown-up. So, they caught Peter Pettigrew and were gonna take him to the Demeantors (Grim Reaper look-a-likes), but when Professor Lupin started turning into a wherewolf, Peter turned back into a rat and got away.

ok i understand all of that except one thing. why, if sirrius knew he didnt do it, was he coming to kill harry in the first place. was it just because he was angry that the subject of harrys parents made him hate harry. or did he not want to kill him and was coming to warn about something?

[quote name='pdat2003']Sorry to hear that.[/quote]

no problem, he has a heart condition but he went home this morning and he is just fine! :D

[quote name='World Of Games']ok i understand all of that except one thing. why, if sirrius knew he didnt do it, was he coming to kill harry in the first place. was it just because he was angry that the subject of harrys parents made him hate harry. or did he not want to kill him and was coming to warn about something?[/quote]

:?: , what're you talking about, he never wanted to kill Harry at all. Are you talking about how Sirrius was like, "Come on, let's kill 'im!" If that is what you're talking about, then I know why you're thinking wrong, when Sirrius said that, he was talking about killing Scabbers.

Yeah, what they said, I should get my girlfriend on here to explain it to you, but she's making breakfast. Not really much of a fan of the Harry Potter, but I went with her to see the movie lastnight. I thought the movie was okay, but pretty much pointless, nothing was accomplished, they didn't fight anything, or advance the story along at all, Serrius was already free when the movie started, so they didn't really free him, all it was was watching the events one time, the rewatching the same events that already happened another time through a different perspective. A big waste of time if you ask me and too long. But that's me. My girlfriend loved it, as did her Harry Potter loving friend.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='World Of Games']ok i understand all of that except one thing. why, if sirrius knew he didnt do it, was he coming to kill harry in the first place. was it just because he was angry that the subject of harrys parents made him hate harry. or did he not want to kill him and was coming to warn about something?[/quote]

:?: , what're you talking about, he never wanted to kill Harry at all. Are you talking about how Sirrius was like, "Come on, let's kill 'im!" If that is what you're talking about, then I know why you're thinking wrong, when Sirrius said that, he was talking about killing Scabbers.[/quote]

Right. That plot device they used was to throw you off. It's similar to the book. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all convinced that Sirius Black was after Harry. Sirius and Lupin are friends from way back, and when Lupin found out that Pettigrew was alive (thanks to Harry seeing him on the Marauder's Map), they knew they had to avenge Harry's parents (Pettigrew being the one that "sold them out" to Voldemort). So, the whole time they were saying "let's kill him", they were referring to Scabbers a.k.a Pettigrew clenched in Ron's hands. Of course, Sirius didn't know that Harry thought he was after him, after all, he is Harry's godfather.

Book/Movie 3 is pretty much the set-up/turning point for the rest of the series. It's a lot more plot than action, but Goblet of Fire (the 4th book) should prove to be very interesting on the big screen.

[quote name='World Of Games']now i get it, i knew i could count on you guys for the answers. now if hermoine wasnt only 15 years old..........[/quote]

Speaking of Hermoine, my Mom made a funny comment about her during the movie yesterday. I had noticed that Hermoine was kinda flat, below and above. Then my Mom said, "Hermoine doesn't have much of a bottom, does she?" I almost started cracking up in the theater.

yeah I saw it, I've seen the first potter film but missed the second one. It was a pretty good movie, but like someone already said there was no real growth by harry. So at the end of the movie I was feeling like nothing had changed.

[quote name='scsg75']Yeah, what they said, I should get my girlfriend on here to explain it to you, but she's making breakfast. Not really much of a fan of the Harry Potter, but I went with her to see the movie lastnight. I thought the movie was okay, but pretty much pointless, nothing was accomplished, they didn't fight anything, or advance the story along at all, Serrius was already free when the movie started, so they didn't really free him, all it was was watching the events one time, the rewatching the same events that already happened another time through a different perspective. A big waste of time if you ask me and too long. But that's me. My girlfriend loved it, as did her Harry Potter loving friend.[/quote]

This book, plotwise, is one of the most important in the series... *VERY VAGUE SPOILERS AHEAD!*

Pettigrew, Lupin, and Sirius all play important roles in Books 4 and 5 of the series. Also, Harry's newfound ability to summon up a Patronus will come into play again in those books.

yeah. for everyone who didn't ilke 3, if you watch 4, it is going to kick complete ass. A LOT of stuff happens in the fourth book and it should be exciting provided the next director does harry potter justice.

tom felton was looking especially sexy with his new haircut.. *drool*
though no people on here can relate cuz only like 3 of you are girls ;)

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']tom felton was looking especially sexy with his new haircut.. *drool*
though no people on here can relate cuz only like 3 of you are girls ;)[/quote]

And none of us are drooling over 14-year olds either. Well, at least I know I'm not.

Hey, when the hell is the 6th book coming out? The 5th came out about this time last year, and they're supposed to come out with a new one every year...

And what'd everyone think of POA with comparison to the first two?

Well, Book 4 was released in July 2002, Book 5 in June 2003, and now here we are another year later and not even a word on it. And I had heard about Book 5 many months before it finally came out. I honestly couldn't even guess when Book 6 is coming out. Judging by how there's been nothing said about it, I wouldn't expect it this summer.

PoA was great, and probably more appreciated by fans that have actually read the books. We know what's coming next. Like what Gothic_Walrus and I said, PoA is a turning point for the plot of the series. I thought it was very well-done: they grabbed the major plot points of story and delivered them straightforward.

They are already filming Book 4, which will either be out a year or a year and a half from now (PoA took a year and a half after CoS). I find myself already looking forward to it :oops:

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Hermione is lookin' HOT in the third flick. Can't wait to see it.[/quote]

2nded lol im 15, so its okay to like her... right? lol

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Is she 14 or 15?[/quote]

14, and yea, she is pretty nice looking.

hermione7l.jpg

Can her shirt get any tighter?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']Is she 14 or 15?[/quote]

14, and yea, she is pretty nice looking.

hermione7l.jpg

Can her shirt get any tighter?[/quote]

Holy shit, when does she turn 18?! Harry looks like he's leaning his side into her boob, lmao.

[quote name='moiety']Well, Book 4 was released in July 2002, Book 5 in June 2003, and now here we are another year later and not even a word on it. And I had heard about Book 5 many months before it finally came out. I honestly couldn't even guess when Book 6 is coming out. Judging by how there's been nothing said about it, I wouldn't expect it this summer.[/quote]

That's what I was afraid of. I did a search for info, and the best I found were some rumors. All I found out that's a surity for the 6th book is that it'll be shorter than the 5th.

[quote name='moiety']They are already filming Book 4, which will either be out a year or a year and a half from now (PoA took a year and a half after CoS). I find myself already looking forward to it :oops:[/quote]

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the new one yet or not. Christopher Columbus did a pretty good job with the first two, but I think Alfonso Cuaron's interpretation was the best so far. But now they're brining in yet another new director. So we'll see.
If you check IMDB, they apparently are already working on the Order of the Phoenix's movie adaptation and the actor playing Lucius Malfoy seems to have already signed on for it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Can her shirt get any tighter?[/quote]

There's a team of material scientists working around the clock on a solution to this one.

Tom Felton's like 17 but whatever. ;)
photo-18.jpg

((Hey they're doing it so why can't I?))
I saw it again tonight. I just can't get enough of that movie... :)

[quote name='alongx']
I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the new one yet or not. Christopher Columbus did a pretty good job with the first two, but I think Alfonso Cuaron's interpretation was the best so far. But now they're brining in yet another new director. So we'll see.
If you check IMDB, they apparently are already working on the Order of the Phoenix's movie adaptation and the actor playing Lucius Malfoy seems to have already signed on for it.[/quote]

Yeah Jason Isaacs, he's a good actor, played Lucius very well in CoS. I just checked on imdb - 2007 projected release year. Man. Long way off...

This new director, Mike Newell, has a pretty long list of movies, nothing too outstanding IMO, but we'll see how his "version" will be. I'm still looking forward to it, whatever it will be, it will be.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']
Tom Felton's like 17 but whatever.
[/quote]

Heh, I guess I stand corrected. He doesn't really look 17!

bread's done
Back