Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

[quote name='SadieDee']I'm about halfway through the 4th one so far. The 3rd book was the best IMHO.[/quote]

The ending of the fourth is the best part, you'll prolly like the 4th one the best once you finish it.

[quote name='bignick']So when does the next movie come out?[/quote]

right, bump those damn books....who has time for books when theres so many movies to watch, games to play, and girls to bang???

[quote name='basketkase543']This was announced about a week and a half ago.

I also hope its better than HP5. HP4 was really the peak for me.[/quote]
Oops, I didn't realize this was such old news, I just saw it up for pre-order when I went to amazon. I hadn't seen it here and, sadly, this is where I get most of my news.

Well, just as long as Harry's not such a assbutt in this one. I can't take anymore Linkin Pott' after Order of the Phoenix.

[quote name='bignick']So when does the next movie come out?[/quote]
I think I read somewhere the next movie doesnt come out until November.

[quote name='tornadomann'][quote name='bignick']So when does the next movie come out?[/quote]
I think I read somewhere the next movie doesnt come out until November.[/quote]
Thanks for the info.

i liked the 4ths ending the best, it was nice and dark. 5 was pretty good, too, but i didn't like the last chapter or two much.

[quote name='tornadomann'][quote name='bignick']So when does the next movie come out?[/quote]
I think I read somewhere the next movie doesnt come out until November.[/quote]

Awesome-O!

I might have to re-read book 5. It's been so long since I read it, I only remember bits and pieces.

Also, one of the "main" characters is supposed to die in Book 6. I wonder who it's going to be... :whistle2:k

I thought 5 was pretty good but my favorite books of the series is the third with number coming shortly after it. I just love all the characters she brought into the HP world from that one, you have Sirius, Lupin, etc. The fourth one has an awesome ending, very stunning. The fifith book is pretty good but I think she made Harry to be just a little too nagging/whiny/and with too much teenage angst in him.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'] I think she made Harry to be just a little too nagging/whiny/and with too much teenage angst in him.[/quote]

...and did that without much character growth. i can get about 150 pages into the 5th book, but i end up just wanting to hit the whiney little bitch. I know all the crap he's been through BUT he went from a version of Harry that was strong in #4 to the kid screaming in TRU for a toy in #5.

EDIT: Oh yeah, he also reminds me of Shenji from NGE...which is a bad thing

[quote name='Wshakspear']EDIT: Oh yeah, he also reminds me of Shenji from NGE...which is a bad thing[/quote]

Funny. I picked Amuro Ray. Same deal, though.

Are the books that much better then the movies..I have seen all 3 movies, and my brother has read the books and says they are great...but I haven't been all that thrilled about the movies...

[quote name='moiety']I might have to re-read book 5. It's been so long since I read it, I only remember bits and pieces.

Also, one of the "main" characters is supposed to die in Book 6. I wonder who it's going to be... :whistle2:k[/quote]

Another? I thought 5 was heartbreaking enough... oh wait, I think I may have heard about this, nvm.

Yeah, I can't wait... 3 was the best IMO, followed very closely by 4. 5 wasn't as spectacular, but vital to the series, I suppose.

[quote name='ryanbph']Are the books that much better then the movies..I have seen all 3 movies, and my brother has read the books and says they are great...but I haven't been all that thrilled about the movies...[/quote]

Usually movie adaptions of books are never as good as the book itself. This case is just the same. The books are so well-written, and of course there are more story details than a movie can provide. However, the movie adaptions so far were well done. I was happy with them. But IMO they don't top the books.

[quote name='moiety'][quote name='ryanbph']Are the books that much better then the movies..I have seen all 3 movies, and my brother has read the books and says they are great...but I haven't been all that thrilled about the movies...[/quote]

Usually movie adaptions of books are never as good as the book itself. This case is just the same. The books are so well-written, and of course there are more story details than a movie can provide. However, the movie adaptions so far were well done. I was happy with them. But IMO they don't top the books.[/quote]

The books are better better stories, but the visuals that the movies have given us are incredible. I like both for thier individual greatness.

With that said, im REALLY worried on how they can get all the good stuff into #4

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='moiety'][quote name='ryanbph']Are the books that much better then the movies..I have seen all 3 movies, and my brother has read the books and says they are great...but I haven't been all that thrilled about the movies...[/quote]

Usually movie adaptions of books are never as good as the book itself. This case is just the same. The books are so well-written, and of course there are more story details than a movie can provide. However, the movie adaptions so far were well done. I was happy with them. But IMO they don't top the books.[/quote]

The books are better better stories, but the visuals that the movies have given us are incredible. I like both for thier individual greatness.

With that said, im REALLY worried on how they can get all the good stuff into #4[/quote]

So am I... it's a mistake that they're only making it into one (supposedly 2 1/2) hour movie. There's just so many things in GOF that are all important, so I'm concerned about what's going to be left out.

The first two movies were ok at best, but the third was significantly better imo. Here's to hoping Mike Newell does a decent job making GOF, guess we'll find out in november

bread's done
Back