Harry Potter Years 1-4 on Blu-Ray for $14.95 ea. @ Amazon.com

they are pretty much constantly filming...gotta finish the movies before they all get too old. the 6th and 7th are each going to be 2 parts, i believe, since the books are so massive.

but anyway, this is a great deal on HP. wish i had a blu-ray player...

[quote name='gobearson3']they are pretty much constantly filming...gotta finish the movies before they all get too old. the 6th and 7th are each going to be 2 parts, i believe, since the books are so massive.

but anyway, this is a great deal on HP. wish i had a blu-ray player...[/quote]

6th is one movie, 7th is two, last I heard. Six is coming out this November while the other two are scheduled for 2010, IIRC.

I have the HD boxset, but was thinking of getting the blu ray versions to go with the last two.

how do the blu ray compare in quality.. i know there is review sites, but i was looking for first hand experiences

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']I am so tempted right now...if I didn't own them all on DVD, I'd be on this in a second.[/quote]

There's really no comparison to these in HD and SD IMO.. HD wins by a mile.. you should pick them up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn, no cut on OOTP[/quote]

Yeah, thats what I noticed also.
Luckily I was able to pick it up used for $16 shipped.

The reason there is no price cut on OOTP is because Amazon is only matching Best Buy's sale of the 2 for $30, (and making them slightly cheaper)

and only the first four were included in the sale

[quote name='MrDubbs']The reason there is no price cut on OOTP is because Amazon is only matching Best Buy's sale of the 2 for $30, (and making them slightly cheaper)

and only the first four were included in the sale[/quote]

That's what I figured...BTW Op I modified the title of the thread.

I was a little weary of these after looking at AV PQ tier thread and had the HP's all at lower tiers.. but if you guys say it's pretty nice I just might have to bite.. dammit.

There is no comparison between SD Order of the Phoenix and HD Order of the Phoenix. Seriously, SD looks like crap on a high def screen, so bad I wonder if Warner Bros. intentionally lowered the bitrate in order to magnify the differences between standard and high def. It's almost as bad as a youtube video, no joke.

bread's done
Back