HARVEST MOON gamecube BRAND SPANKING NEW 33 SHIPPED

just a quick note

Im going to be sticking it up on ebay tonight starting price 22.99 if anyone wants to make an offer PM ME

shipping is going to run around 8 or so on top of price

[quote name='Javil']By the way, Jeff, I beat BG&E the other day. It was well worth the $16. :D[/quote]

Sweet! I'm glad to hear that it's a good game, because I still need to play my copy :oops: (it's been a bit hectic moving all my stuff to my apartment in Cinci.) I'm also happy to hear that you were content with the game!

why 8 bucks

1 buck for the padded envlope.
2.50 to ship the stupid game
1.50 for 50 bucks of insurance (i dont ship without it)

thats 4 bucks 2 bucks for gas money = 6 and the other 2 goes into paying ebay-paypal fees

they go for around 25 on ebay without shipping so it will go there for sure at 19.99

[quote name='slidecage']why 8 bucks

thats 4 bucks 2 bucks for gas money = 6 and the other 2 goes into paying ebay-paypal fees

they go for around 25 on ebay without shipping so it will go there for sure at 19.99[/quote]

First if you add your prices, it comes out to $5, not $4.

Second, here is my shipping costs: padded envelopes go individually for 50 cents at my local department store. First class shipping for a game is $1.57 in a padded envelope. I'm assuming this is your shipping method since if you ship Priority, you can use their shipping boxes. $50 insurance costs $1.30. My total is now $3.37. You can make the insurance optional to the buyer and say that you are not responsible for uninsured items. Subtract $1.30 and you have $2.07 in shipping.

Your other $4 in additional costs...

$8 just seems pricey when I can send for right around $2. Check out the shipping rates of other games on Ebay, and you will see that yours is on the high end. I'm not trying to flame you, I'm just trying to give you a heads up before you list it on Ebay.

*EDIT* BTW, your $33 asking price for the game shipped is reasonable, especially if the buyer does not have a Target within driving distance. It's well worth the $33 IMO. I wish you luck in selling it here, and if you list it on Ebay, with $8 shipping, it should still bring around the $20-$24 price range.

[quote name='slidecage']why 8 bucks

they go for around 25 on ebay without shipping so it will go there for sure at 19.99[/quote]

no offense but a little advice:

why don't you increase the initial bid price for the game, and charge less for the '"shipping" ?

People will most likely ignore your auction because shipping is too high.

And why should the winner pay for your ebay and paypal fees ?

This is eBay that we're talking about. Plenty of people will bid without even noticing the shipping cost... then neg him when they get around to paying for it. It happens all the time. A friend of mine was recently negged for charging $5 and shipping first class in a padded envelope.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose'][quote name='slidecage']why 8 bucks

First if you add your prices, it comes out to $5, not $4.

Second, here is my shipping costs: padded envelopes go individually for 50 cents at my local department store. First class shipping for a game is $1.57 in a padded envelope. I'm assuming this is your shipping method since if you ship Priority, you can use their shipping boxes. $50 insurance costs $1.30. My total is now $3.37. You can make the insurance optional to the buyer and say that you are not responsible for uninsured items. Subtract $1.30 and you have $2.07 in shipping.

Your other $4 in additional costs...

$8 just seems pricey when I can send for right around $2. Check out the shipping rates of other games on Ebay, and you will see that yours is on the high end. I'm not trying to flame you, I'm just trying to give you a heads up before you list it on Ebay.

*EDIT* BTW, your $33 asking price for the game shipped is reasonable, especially if the buyer does not have a Target within driving distance. It's well worth the $33 IMO. I wish you luck in selling it here, and if you list it on Ebay, with $8 shipping, it should still bring around the $20-$24 price range.[/quote]

i used to do that with the insurance but then 1 item came up missing (the dude told me the wrong address , he said they changed the address of the street without telling them. and the 2nd item came up broke. Both people wrote into ebay and paypal and they demanded their money back and paypal gave their money back to both,

i called up paypal and was like what the hell is up with you and they said i should of insured the items cause if the people say they didnt get them and you have no way to show that you shipped it they get their cash back

that was one of the many reasons i left paypal few years back

bread's done
Back