Has anybody here done "Cash for Gold" before.

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
My wife has a lot of broken chains, bracelets, and single earrings without matches we could get rid of. Was looking to see if anybody here has ever used one of those places and how they made out.

Thanks,
Anthony

I got $479 for my jewerrrrry :lol:

That commercial is too hilarious.

OP if it sounds to good to be true it is.

There are a ton of these places in Houston, and I've used them before. If you have old gold that you're not going to do anything with, then they make sense. Sure, you're not getting top dollar, but you don't have the means to melt down the gold and resell it like these shops do.

They aren't going to pay you top dollar since they usually melt it but if it's broken stuff that you aren't going to use, then I say just go to a location and get a quote for it.

edit: I agree with the individual below. I wouldn't do any mail in places but worth a try if there are local places.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never do any of the mail in places but we do have a few places here that have been around for awhile as either coin places or small jewelery stores that have signs posted for this.

I thought there was a minimum that it is automatically worth based on weight and that price has to be posted on the wall.

Look around your town, there's usually a gold buying place around somewhere.

However, some jewelry shops also purchase scrap gold, and they might give you a better deal.

[quote name='ajh2298']My wife has a lot of broken chains, bracelets, and single earrings without matches we could get rid of. Was looking to see if anybody here has ever used one of those places and how they made out.

Thanks,
Anthony[/QUOTE]

It's a HUGE rip off. They'll pay you 10-20% of what it's worth. Just because it's broken doesn't mean it's not worth anything. Gold has intrensic value based on if it's 10, 14, 18, 24 karat and the weight. Just take it to a jeweler. They should pay you about 90% of it's value.

bread's done
Back