Has anyone ever been robbed or mugged?

Nibi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just a random thought I had. I was remembering when I got robbed one day after coming home from my local arcade. This group of 3 guys followed me into my building and grabbed me. They got 2 dollars in quarters and a pen. I was glad that they didn't get much, but I was pretty scared. I was about 13 when that happened and I was living in New York City. That was the only time anything like that ever happened to me.

How about you guys? Anyone ever been robbed/mugged?

Yep. When I was 10 walking to the local Movie rental place. Three dudes about 6'3 jumped out of a car, crossed the street, threatened to hit me with a bat if I didn't give them all my money. I had like a buck gave them that and they drove off.

Then my friend got mugged by them like 2 weeks later. He didn't give them any of his money and basically told them to fuck off and the one big dude body slammed him and took 4 bucks.

But now I take shit from no one and can fight so I'm not scared of pussy ass mugger's but I am still scared to go to New York City becuase of the muggings. Werid.

That would be traumatizing o_O
No, luckily I haven't been robbed or mugged. The closest thing was I was home sick from school and some people came to the front door. I was home with my sister and we heard them rustling with the door, I personally just assumed it was the people that hang little thingies on the doors. They must have heard us because they went to the neighbors and robbed them.

I work in personal and residential security, and i speak to around two or three people a day who have been robbed or know someone who has been. Its pretty scary sometimes when you hear these stories. I personally have never been robbed but I've had guns pulled on me.

Yeah, our house was robbed back when I was a freshman in HS. Besides the normal stuff, they also took the meat out of the freezer and some 2 liters of coke. And they only took the CDs they wanted. :lol:

I was pickpocketed by little gypsy girls in Rome back in 2002. I should have read the travel book first, their method was right in there. Newspapers and grabbing arms. I lost $200 euro. stupid gypsies.

yeah thats the funny thing baout robbery sometimes they take the weirdest shit. but to each his/her own i guess.

[quote name='Arakias']I was pickpocketed by little gypsy girls in Rome back in 2002. I should have read the travel book first, their method was right in there. Newspapers and grabbing arms. I lost $200 euro. stupid gypsies.[/QUOTE]

That's why I have no problem with using the supposedly rascist term of gyp.

I have not. I got beat up a lot in school when I was little.

My mom and pops place got robbed they were both working and some guys came in with shotguns and took all the money out of the register and after they got the money they stood there for like 2 or 3 mins then left.

[quote name='Arakias']I was pickpocketed by little gypsy girls in Rome back in 2002. I should have read the travel book first, their method was right in there. Newspapers and grabbing arms. I lost $200 euro. stupid gypsies.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.

[quote name='Tromack']That's why I have no problem with using the supposedly rascist term of gyp.[/QUOTE]

ive never even heard of that term. how would it be racist if they really were gypsies though? its just an abbriviated form of gypsy.

No, of course I look like a tank so I dont think anyone thinks I'm a good mark for a mugging.

I also keep my wallet in my front pocket so I'm less likely to be target of a pick-pocketing.

Now that i think of it. My niece kinda robbed me. She is 2 years old and she took my wallet off of the floor and put it somewhere. I lost 50 bucks and had to get all new credit cards sent to me.

I haven't been mugged or had my residence broken into but I used to have a pickup truck that was broken into three times. Twice they stole the stereo and once they stole the walkman I was using because I didn't have a stereo at the time. I also had things stolen from a self-storage unit where I was storing some furniture and random stuff. They took a couple crates of vinyl records (which I still miss), the head board to my bed (?), and a blanket. I could never understand why they took the head board and left the TV.

[quote name='2poor']ive never even heard of that term. how would it be racist if they really were gypsies though? its just an abbriviated form of gypsy.[/QUOTE]

how is jap racist when it's just an abbreviated form of japanese?

[quote name='munch']how is jap racist when it's just an abbreviated form of japanese?[/QUOTE]

dunno. i call a lot of people japs or viets because they are in fact japanese or vietnamese.

My friend got robbed this morning. They bashed in his small side window. Took his cd player, tape adapter, and backpack with mp3 player inside. It sucks... He was having a horrible day and that just topped it off... people who rob from the poor are horrible people.

Since this is moving away from just muggings, I did have a few things stolen from me during my high school and college days.

Most interesting was a coffin my father and I made for a haunted house. We stored it after the haunted house and used it for a few Halloween setups, then I took it down to college to loan for an even there. I didnt have any place to store the coffin so I just left it sitting in the corner of our dorms coffe house. After all the thing was 6/5 ft tall and it was big enough to need two or three people to lift. Sure enough, someone drug it out the back doors to a loading dock, leaving scratches on the floor as they went.

I called the police and showed the officer the trail. I told her I didnt expect any sort of investigation, after all its just some random prop. But since this prop was rather huge, if they busted a party in the next week with a coffin full of beer I wouldn't mind a call.

They never called, leaving me to wonder... Who steals a coffin?

The terms jap and gyp and all that stuff arnt so much rascist as just having a negative connotation to them thats why people get offended

Attempted twice ... one time by myself and once with my friend.

Attempted because I whipped out my ASP 26'' and that was the end of the issue :)

The other time I was with my friend who was a cop, and he put the guy down pretty damn quick. Needless to say that guy crapped his pants at what had happened and ended up in the slammer :p

EDIT: That was for the mugging ...

My mom was mugged and the guy fucked her whole arm up, and she now can't move it right. I would have killed that motherfucker if I was there, nobody messes with my momma.

When I was a kid we had started moving into a house and like 2 days before we moved in someone broke a window and came in andfucked up a bunch of stuff. They didn't even bother to steal anything.

AND a long fucked up story that I wont go into much detail on.........
A couple years ago I was living with someone and when I decided i wanted to move out I was kicked out and everything I hadn't already taken was stolen (used for rent I was never asked or expected to pay untill i wanted to leave). I did manage to sneak back one night and steal back some of my stuff using my keys. I don't have a car and was scared to get caught so I had to walk like a mile through the woods and up the street to a cab carrying my computer, a laptop bag that had my ps2 and whatever else I could stuff into it and I had 3 gym bags full of clothes and stuff on my back. LOL I'm still surprised the cab driver didn't call the cops. NEVER ever live with anyone if your names not on the lease....... I probably could have fought it in court but I was threatened with some pretty fucked up legal action based on lies and I didn't wanna go through it all so I gave up......

Sorta, and only the one time (so far). I was with my brother and we went in to some random book shop to get me whatever cheesy novel they were making us read in elementary school (probably Charlotte's Web or Indian in the Cupboard or something like that) and when we stepped out, someone had just broken into his car. Nothing was missing, so we apparently got there right in time.

I got robbed once, by 4 dudes with shotguns. I wasnt scared, i was just wanted my damn money back. I didnt think i was gonna get shot, so i wasnt scared. This happen to me about 2 years ago tho. I also got shot once and shot at twice and i also got kidnapped when was 13 years old.

Its all from adam and eve , cain and abel, and the work of satan, so didnt really get to me that much.

had a close call a couple of weeks ago here. we were doing a film shoot exercise at school with a little bolex 16mm camera. we decided to head to the park a few blocks away and as we were setting up these 2 guys were walking around beating up random people and throwing their belongings around. this park is right on the border of what we like to call crack town, so i was a bit worried. we grabbed our stuff and moved quick and kept an eye on them. luckily they never bothered us.

[quote name='ranger_mj']The terms jap and gyp and all that stuff arnt so much rascist as just having a negative connotation to them thats why people get offended[/QUOTE]

Gyp is always racist as far as I know, jap is racist but isn't always understood as such. Many people use it and have no idea that it could be considered as racist. It's all in how you use it, and how the person you're talking to understands the word.

Though my house in vermont was broken into 3 times in about 10 years, 6 times if you count the 2 kids who broke into it 4 times (it's a vacation home, there's someone who watches the house but no one is usually there). Nothing happened to the 2 kids even though they admitted it (I'm not sure why). Though one of the kids had pot it his hand when the cop came to his house, but the stupid cop forced him to open his hand so he couldn't prosecute. He was also growing it in his room.

Not a robbery, but a girl who I used to be really close friends with in high school (and had a huge crush on at the time) was almost raped on a date. I can't remember how she said she got away, but I remember wanting to kill the guy when she told me, and couldn't stop thinking about what he did to her.

i was mugged bout 2 years ago in los angeles. a friend of mine called me to join them at the Chocolate bar in Los Angeles. The bar was in a bad neighborhood along melrose blvd, but this bar is quite popular. it was a saturday night, and my gf and i had to park a block away from the bar. so as we were walking to the bar, two guys grabbed us from behind, pointed a gun on our neck and told us to be quiet. they then preceeded to empty our pockets. i have about 200 bucks in my wallet and they took my gf's louis vuitton purse and her jewelrys. when they got all our stuff, they told us to face a wall. they then run to their car and drove off. Scary as hell!!! thought we were gonna die.

about 7 months ago i was in the warehouse district in Oakland, CA. me and my friends just got back from a road trip from LA and stopped by our friends' warehouse. while we were inside, my friend's car got broken into and my bag o' stuff was stolen [ everything but my dirty clothes, like bathroom stuff etc ], my friend's digital camera, my other friend's CD collection, and a luggage bag full of food.

eff'ing tweaked out bums roam that area and break into cars all the time.

Never been mugged or had property taken from me, but I have been randomly assaulted for no good reason whatsoever. I was about 11, and I was walking home with a friend after running up to the corner store to get some sodas. Some kids, probably about 17-18, drive up next to us and start shouting. One of them leaps out the window, punches me in the face, does the quickly-lift-my-shoulders-to-make-you-think-I'm-going-to-hit-you action to my friend, and bolts away in the car. I was about a block from my house, and I walk in with a bleeding fat lip. My Dad calls the cops, and amazingly they caught the kids. I have no idea if anything ever came of it or if the kids were charged with anything.

i wasn't mugged or robbed, but the friend i was with was....i was 13, a freshman in high school...an older friend of mine (16 or 17, junior) and i were going to an early halloween party (mid-late september)....we dressed up in all black with make-up all over our faces, fishnet stockings on our arms, etc....his fantastical mind thought it would be a good idea to take a shortcut through a bad neighborhood to get to the party....10 different groups of people must've yelled shit at us on the way to the party, before we finally came across a group of 6 or so who started to follow us....i saw that this particular group was following us and i told my friend that i think its about time we started running, but he didn't think their was anything to worry about....i saw them walking faster and faster behind us and i told him once again, it's probably a really good time to start running (i didn't know where the party was or else i would've said fuck him and ran lol)....anyways, they caught up and at least 3 of them took out knives and started coming towards us....one of the guys started punching my friend while the ones with knives surrounded....they didn't ask for money or anything, from my understanding they didn't know we were going to a halloween party, they just thought we were "freaks" walking in the wrong part of town...i recognized one of the guys and he recognized me, that's why i believe i wasn't hit...which i believe is also why they started to back away....it turns out that we were right in front of the house where the party was being held with about 30 people in the backyard....

Yeah... I had 100+ cd's stolen, 4 channel amp, 12' square kicker sub out of my car... that was locked. Still don't know how they got around the alarm. My wife's car was stolen two months after. Cops told me later that they had a dealer master key.

bread's done
Back