Has anyone ever bought those cheap gamecube controllers?

judgedee

CAGiversary!
The ones that says
"For compatible gamecube" ones... the ones that look identical to normal GC controllers without the "Nintendo Logo"

I want to buy one but I am wary of people saying that the materials are so bad that they break in the first week. Is this a common experience? or are the first party and third party pretty much identical?

I bought a Pelican wireless GC controller a long time ago because it had rumble. The wireless + rumble was nice, but I found the joystick lost some of its sensitivity after a while.

Your best controllers by far will be buying a Nintendo GC controller. No doubt.

[quote name='judgedee']
The ones that says
"For compatible gamecube" ones... the ones that look identical to normal GC controllers without the "Nintendo Logo"

I want to buy one but I am wary of people saying that the materials are so bad that they break in the first week. Is this a common experience? or are the first party and third party pretty much identical?
[/quote]

I saw one being returned to a Gamestop. I though it was a real one with the logo rubbed off. The guy told me it was a bootleg. It looked real, but felt cheap. Either way, he said it never worked right.

i have one (the white one), the differences are these;

slightly lighter
a slightly rougher texture
d-pad is very loose
the C stick, analog stick, A, B, X, Y, Z, L and R buttons all work pretty well. you've got to push a little bit harder on all of them. and the abxyz buttons have a little bit more of a click to them.

and this is all for the 1 controller that i bought. others may be worse.
i wouldn't recommend it as your main controller. but as a 4th controller, maybe.

bread's done
Back