Has anyone ever had an unknown person's information appear in their Chrome Autofill?

randomevent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
I just had something weird happen today. I was filling out an application for a job, and I noticed that my Chrome's autofill had the information of some dude in TX that I have no clue about. I've never been to TX and do not know anyone from there. It's pretty disturbing that his information just appeared in my Chrome Browser's autofill settings.

I tried to do some online searches and a few topics here and there came up, but nothing conclusive as to whether this is just some messed up Google cloud stuff, or if someone tried to access my PC remotely.

My wife and I are the only ones to use this PC and we take reasonable care with all of our internet browsing. Hopefully someone here can give me some insight as to why this would happen.

Thanks in advance.

Do you happen to use chrome with other devices? I have my gmail profile attached to my home PC, laptop, phone and work PC. Maybe somewhere along those devices someone might have used chrome while not knowing it?

Best prevention is to have a windows password.

[quote name='Tsel']I guess you could say it was a... random event.[/QUOTE]

YEAHHHHHHH!!!

david_caruso_sunglasses.jpeg

My Google accounts are only personal use. I have a Windows PC with a password, and a Nexus 7 Tablet that has never left my house. And... good one Tsel. That really makes me feel better. Thanks bro. I know, I know, it's the Internet...

EDIT: added what devices I use and where.

[quote name='randomevent']My accounts are only personal use. No devices outside of the home. And... good one Tsel. That really makes me feel better. Thanks bro. I know, I know, it's the Internet...[/QUOTE]

Haha, sorry. I saw my opportunity and couldn't resist. On topic though, I have no idea why that would occur. Nothing like that's ever happened to me and I don't really see how or why it would happen.

[quote name='Tsel']Haha, sorry. I saw my opportunity and couldn't resist. On topic though, I have no idea why that would occur. Nothing like that's ever happened to me and I don't really see how or why it would happen.[/QUOTE]

Lol, it's fine. I'm just really stumped. I'm pretty sure it will be fine, but this was an odd occurrence in an otherwise mundane day of mine. I just can't think of what could have happened, and I can't seem to find the answer on the rest of the internet. I think maybe that's the most worrisome.

Some more research has led me to another theory. Many people online are mentioning "cloud crossing" could be the issue for this type of problem. I'm going to research more about it, but so far all I'm finding is housing related things. =(

Yes, I have. Nothing in my account seemed to be messed around with tho.

Not only reset my e-mail account, but also added a pin to my google account so that if anyone tries to buy stuff with it, it will prompt them for a pin.

I've never had anything like this happen - but just wanted to drop in and say "cloud crossing" is a cool sounding phrase!

I have had this happen, but not with autofill. I have actually been logged in under someone elses account briefly........and since my account and computer are ONLY used by me and password protected to even log on, I thought it was crazy.

bread's done
Back