Has anyone ever price matched at Wal Mart and not had a problem?

juniorortegalp1

CAGiversary!
I find it hilarious how the commercials for Wal Mart make it look so easy to price match. Today I took Kmart's ad showing Portal 2 on Xbox for $9.99 to Wal Mart. Below it it says "Games shown also on PS3". According to some lady working there "Games shown also on PS3" means that the ps3 version is more expensive. Wouldn't it say something like "Excludes ps3 version" if that was the case?

I've never had a problem with a legit price match at Walmart but it is very time consuming and they are the must anal retentive when it comes to reading the fine print and only matching exactly what is in the add. Furthermore they call on almost every price match attempt and will deny price matches if I go to early in the morning or late at night when teh other store is closed.

I don't normally do price matches (if another store has a lower price, I buy it there) but the one time I tried to do one at Walmart they denied me because it was online.

Never had a problem. One time when I matched a Zelda game from $49.99 to $19.99 they had to get a manager because of the discount difference, but she cleared it because I had the ad.

Not usually a "problem" but they do act like I'm breaking some rule and take forever acting confused that someone could have a lower price.

I have done a few , as long as you have the printed ad they should match it. But some employees do not want to mess around with it while others just ask how much it says and they type in the price without even looking.

I've never price matched anywhere without a huge issue. Price matching is a battle, and the stores try really hard to win... lol

What I usually do is find the young kid still in highschool that could give a rat's ass about their job. Never had a problem from them. It's usually the older ladies that take their job way too seriously that might give you an issue, but a little charm goes a long way. To be 100% honest I've been price matching for 10 or so years and only used an ad three times. Reading people really helps. Scope the cashiers out and see which one just wants to go home and will let anything slide. Black Friday is the best time for me to price match. About 99% of the people working that day don't want to be there.

I have two holiday shopping stories:

1 - For Black Friday Wal-Mart has an ad that shows a console and the price and says check out our cyber monday deals in the corner of the page. The price is higher on the shelf than in the ad. I ask the customer service desk if they will price match their own ad. Nope. It's online only with an in-store pickup despite being on a page with store only specials. I attribute the confusion to poor graphic design and not malice, but what do i know of their intentions?

I ask, "So I can order this online and have it shipped to this case (where I see 10 of this console) for free?" Their reply: "I guess." Sure enough I do so on my smartphone. I get an email that says it won't be ready for 8 hours at the store I am literally standing in, staring at the unready consoles. I ask if the customer service desk will retrieve my purchase. Nope. I get an email 8 hours later that it will not be fulfilled, and to add insult to injury, only 1 of the consoles was missing from the case when I returned.

I went to business school and one of my teachers used to go on that the difference that made Wal-Mart great was not being the low price leader (pre-Sears K-Mart was) but the customer service leader. Funny thing is, I went to the Target and got them to price match, and when their own ad was cheaper the next week, I just asked for a credit and they gave it to me.

2 - I went to purchase something that I've unfortunately only found at Wal-Mart in this city. While there, I see a Blu-ray in a display rack listed at $9 according to the tag on the rack. I proceed to the checkout and it rings up as $12. The cashier took the time to call back to electronics, and after giving directions 3 times, the electronics clerk found the display and confirmed my story. They took the initial $3 off and gave me another $3 "for my trouble".

So I guess they aren't always terrible about price matching THEIR OWN ADS.

bread's done
Back