Has anyone looked at the gift voucher for those EB games yet..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim726X

CAGiversary!
It says right underneath the valid games:
Offer valid 4-15-05 to 5-01-05.

Think they're gonna try and screw us on this like they did the Paper Mario rebate? Which they consequently "lost" in my case?

Yeah, I brought this up in that thread but no one responded yet. My guess is its an error from a previous rebate form because it says its good now from like 7/15-7/31 towards the bottom.

Yeah I saw that too but given my recent history with EB and their "rebates" I would be wary of assuming that even though there is a new date at the bottom of the page, they would honor it. I could see their argument if they told me that it wasn't valid, and for some reason I don't think that is a mistake that they would allow to pass without knowing it.

[quote name='62t']my concern is that they could change the amount for CFE along with the date.[/QUOTE]

Well the date is an obvious typo, since it says otherwise on there twice. I just printed it now in case they do try to change it.

[quote name='Maxim726X']Can someone verify that this is actually legit? Not near a phone right now otherwise I would...[/QUOTE]

Check the other thread. That's what some are discussing now. Slidecage said he was on the phone with them.

[quote name='6669']Check the other thread. That's what some are discussing now. Slidecage said he was on the phone with them.[/QUOTE]

i think everyone should call eb themself and ask i think if everyone did that with the paper mario 2 rebate and complain they might of gave in but that time has came on gone on those

EBGames has the best deals....but the freaking worst customer service. Iv had to fight with them tooth and nail to get 2 different rebates and im working on another right now....have been emailing them for like 3 or 4 months now for my most recent rebate and the bastards just wont cough it up. Again they have the best deals....but their customer service is just god awfull and you cant trust rebates.

[quote name='slidecage']i think everyone should call eb themself and ask i think if everyone did that with the paper mario 2 rebate and complain they might of gave in but that time has came on gone on those[/QUOTE]

after that PM2 rebate I am starting to think it might be necssary to take it another step up and start taping phone converstation.

EB rebates have just been disappearing a lot lately. I know the last two I sent in somehow never got there. Definitely be sure to make copies of everything and keep track of when you sent the rebate in.

[quote name='62t']after that PM2 rebate I am starting to think it might be necssary to take it another step up and start taping phone converstation.[/QUOTE]

Honestly that's why I can't believe anything they put on their website anymore. I was gonna buy CFE but I don't think I am because I have the feeling they are deliberately trying to screw all of us... ALL OF US!!!

I've purchased a game through EB that came with a rebate equal to the price of it, and I still got my rebate. It takes a long time, but it came eventually.

I called EB and let them know about it. If they fix it or not is another issue entirely.

I also moved this thread into Deal Discussions, since that's where it should go.

[quote name='shrike4242']I called EB and let them know about it.

If the fix it or not is another issue entirely.[/QUOTE]

Thanx, shrikey. Much appreciated :)

I have not had a problem with EB rebates. It DOES say while supplies last, I wonder if the rebate itself is also limited?

just guessing really...

[quote name='j-fever']I have not had a problem with EB rebates. It DOES say while supplies last, I wonder if the rebate itself is also limited?

just guessing really...[/QUOTE]

Well since you can print it from their website I'm assuming that isn't the case... but hey, you never know.

[quote name='Maxim726X']thanks Shrike... hopefully they won't suck for a change and make the appropriate altercations to the rebate form[/QUOTE]

Remember that they had one for Syphon Filter: TOS & Hot Shots Golf Fore back in Apr 15 - May 1. I'm sure whomever whipped up the new form just didn't catch that when he/she was recycling it and changing the dates.

They said it shouldn't be an issue when I called them, though I told them that it's a mistake that shouldn't have been there in the first place and slipped through the proofread process.

About the gift voucher for EBgames....

How long are the voucher codes good for? I've got 2 and don't have anything jumping out screaming 'buy me!'. I don't see an expiry anywhere on the email.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']They fixed it.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I let them know about the error minutes after the rebate forms were posted ;).

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I let them know about the error minutes after the rebate forms were posted ;).[/QUOTE]

I guess my phone call get trumped by Cheapy calling in. :D

And with them fixing it, we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back