Has anyone ordered from CodeJunkies? (Max Power Tool)

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
I'm interested in installing custom firmware to several slim PSPs... There have been a few kind people offering to do it for free, but there's a little risk involved in mailing, plus I'm talking about several PSPs so it sounds best to be able to do it on my own.

After unsuccessfully trying to made a Pandora Battery (when I opened up the battery I accidentally pierced the battery itself, damn it), I decided to go with the Max Power Tool Slim from Datel. Once I get this, it's just a matter of making a magic memory stick, as I understand it.

Anyway, has anybody ordered from Datel's shop, Codejunkies, before? I'm trying to figure out how long it will take them to ship the item out. They only offer regular UPS ground shipping, which is a drag as I'm trying to get this done before Christmas.

I heard that this is a waste because you still need to make the magic memory stick but you need CFW to do that. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I DESPERATELY want to install custom firmware on my fat PSP (with firmware 3.72).

[quote name='mxpowar']I heard that this is a waste because you still need to make the magic memory stick but you need CFW to do that. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I DESPERATELY want to install custom firmware on my fat PSP (with firmware 3.72).[/QUOTE]

That's correct. A PSP with CFW is required to make the magic memory stick so buying a Max Power Tool is just buying a more expensive battery pack because you can easily make your own Pandora's battery if you have a PSP with CFW without modifying it's hardware.

No, you don't need a PSP with CFW to make a magic memory stick... Note: If this is against the rules to post here, please delete it.

From Maxconsoles forum:
After 5 days of searching & trying to understand what is going on I finally did it. The only tools I used was

1. Slim PSP console (original firmware 3.60 or 3.71)

2. Pandora battery (either a modded original PSP battery or a Max Power Tool)

3. Official Sony or SanDisk Memory stick Pro Duo 512 MB-4 GB size

4. 14749_TOTALNewbieasyInstallerPandorasmenu.rar (~135MB) with the 4th option selected which says Universal Unbricker

After creating the magic stick, I turned off the PSP. I inserted the Pandoral Battery as well as the magic stick.

Now in this point the only thing you see is the power green light and the orange light (memory stick access) to flashing. In the screen you dont see anything its black !!. Now press X. Sometimes its also flashing the WLAN led. Just wait. The PSP will shut down automatically.

Now remove the stick as well as the modded batter and connect it to the power. Check the system version. You will see v3.71 M33

That is exactly what I did but now I am sitting with a BRICKED PSP slim. After the PSP shut down I removed the battery and mem card, installed a normal battery and card turned it back on and NOTHING! I would get the power light for a few seconds and it shuts off. I am trying to unbrick it but noticed that I never get any indication of memory card access via the lights at all. I have tried quite a few things and never does the card get accessed.

I managed to get mine from uxcell.com for around $20.00. Not certain of the longevity/quality of the battery since I have only used it once though. I also received a $5.00 discount coupon with my order if you'd like it. Hopefully this doesn't sound like a sales pitch :whistle2:#

P.S. As the OP has already stated, there's no need for a cfw psp to create a magic memory stick. His method is exactly how I did it :)

Rusty, sucks that yours got bricked. It's fixed now, right? I had no problems myself...

And BTW, Datel shipped it out within a week. I recommend purchasing from them, but that uxcell place might be okay too.

bread's done
Back