Has Anyone Shipped an Ebay Item to Canada

ECW_fan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
For the first time in like 2 yearsI put up an item on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6572928053&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESO:IT&rd=1 The guy who won it asked me shipping questions about shipping to Canada before the auction ended, I said that I would. He never got back to me on where in Canada he was. This morning I checked shipping for his address and it was 15.25 and a 4-6 week delivery time. Now to me that seem a little excesive, I can barely wait 4 days to get a game from GameFly. I am a bit worried he will not pay. Should I be?

that's how much it is with tracking......... if you just do first class, then it should be like 50 cents more than to any US address........ I've done this many times.........

I have never had any problems. Actual shipping is just a few more bucks - however, signature confirmation is more expensive.

When I've shipped things to Canada or any non-US country, I'm put a somewhat vague description on the customs slip. The postal worker I spoke with said that expensive items tend to magically disappear once they get to Canada and the USPS can't do anything for you. :bomb:

So, just be aware of what you put on the outside. If it's just a game, then you should be fine, but if you ever ship something valuable, like an iPod, don't get too descriptive on the customs slip or your item may never make it to the buyer. :cold:

Stuff like signature confirmation and tracking does cost a little bit more, but it goes a long way on ensuring your package gets where it needs to go.

We don't sell really expensive things to Canada for reasons mentioned. Usually all goes well. However, the timing is totally unpredictable. We had one that got to Nova Scotia from Illinois in four days, for god's sake, but to Toronto one took almost a month. So if they start foaming at the mouth, just say you cannot control Canadian customs. It's very arbitrary.

I shipped an item to canada once and they didn't give me an address so I looked up their address that was listed on ebay, and sent it there, then they gave me negative feedback saying i sent to the wrogn address. That's sum b.s.!!!

I never had trouble mailing anything to Canada until the one time I tried mailing something expensive there (it was my PSP sold to a fellow member of this forum)

Never a problem. sold over a dozen items to Canadians, and they all arrived safely. For some smaller items, I don't even charge extra shipping, as not paying for delivery confirmation makes up for the added postage.

Ship it via air mail to Canada. I have shipped dozens of video games in the past couple years up north. Goto usps.com and find out how much it will cost. Add an extra buck for the inconvenience of having to actually go into the post office and fill out a customs slip. Canadians would prefer that mark "gift" on the slip and put a minimal value as they have to pay a tarriff on it. This is illegal, I say fuck 'em...they're driving up the lumber prices here in the Northwest;)

I've shipped to Canada (and the U.K.) without problems.

Funny you mention this.

I put a Virtual Boy on the bay a few years ago.

First time, ended about $55, winning bidder did not pay up.
Listed again, about the same ending price, winning bidder did not pay up.
Third time listing, ending bid was $165, winning bidder paid. The winning bidder was from Canada and payed all shipping costs.

I love Canadiens! :D

I shipped a game to Canada. I believe it was about $2-3 to ship it there in a 6x9 mailer. When you go to the post office just point ou that it goes to Canada and that you want to mail it Airmail Letter. It'll get there in 4-5 business days.

When I shipped to Canada they requested that I had the Post Office mark it as a gift, that way Canadian customs wouldn't open it and go through it, but the guy at the PO said that packages that small weren't checked anyway and that there was no need.

Oh, and I didn't have to fill out any customs forms or anything. I just handed them the bubble mailer, said "This goes to Canada; just airmail letter." The postal worker entered the address into the computer, asked me the usual "Is anything in here perishable, fragile, biohazardous, or potentially dangerous?" "No." I paid him and that was it.

I used to ship to Canada once in a while but I don't anymore since it seems like a huge risk since you don't get buyer protection from Paypal for a Canadian address.

On the rare occasions that I do ship to Canada, everything has made it there in one piece, it just takes longer. No complaints from the few Canadians I've sold/traded to in the last year. Knock on wood...

It really depends, and as I mentioned in the APO thread, it depends on cooperation and patience from both parties involved.

-Sailorneorune

[quote name='ECW_fan']Thanks I found it, shipping was 7.65 US, what confused me was letter and parcel, they are both for packages.[/QUOTE]

I forbid Canadians from my auctions, but sometimes they can't read so they bid anyway.

In those cases I just add an extra $1 for shipping.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Shipping to Canada is as risky as shipping to Nigeria, be carefull and good luck.

Canada is like Hong-Kong lite.[/QUOTE]

Africa > all.

bread's done
Back