Has anyone tried a PSP yet?

mcsake

CAG Veteran
I see that they are for sale on ebay. I have seen an auction go for over $600 dollars. I found a website that sells it for $500 for the value pack which comes with a lot of extras.

Is this thing worth $500 or should I wait till March when there will be a rush to get one and everyone will probably be sold out. It would be nice just to get it now and get it overwith.

First of all, it is fantastic. Static pictures don't do this screen justice.

But for god's sake man, just wait until March. The price point is most likely under $200.

[quote name='mcsake']I see that they are for sale on ebay. I have seen an auction go for over $600 dollars. I found a website that sells it for $500 for the value pack which comes with a lot of extras.

Is this thing worth $500 or should I wait till March when there will be a rush to get one and everyone will probably be sold out. It would be nice just to get it now and get it overwith.[/quote]

Pre-order one, and then you can be sure you'll get one without being screwed. Also, you'll avoid the rush.

it's worth it if you think you will put a lot of time into it. Lumines is a great game. I also have ridge racers which is very good as well.

if you decide to do that make damn sure this place is reputable...

Dont go and get burned and Spend $500 on nothing....

In ayear you will be able to buy at least 2 at that price.

Plus you will have to import all your games etc at this point.... On top of the fact that there were some problems with the japan launch systems and they might be coreected for US launch...

What exactly is lumines? I have heard a lot about this game, but can't find any screenshots or anything resembling a decent description of it. Can you help me out and explain a little about it?

The screen on the PSP is amazing! If the PSP does make it out sub $200, nintendo will be reaching for their ankles, beacuse for only $50 more than a DS, these shouldn't be any discussion. The only thing that may hurt the PSP launch is if the launch lineup of games is as weak as the DS launch games were.

I paid $500 for an import Dreamcast back in 1999 before it came out here, never again. If a system is coing out here in less that 3 months you would be a fool to buy an import for double or triple the expected US price.

[quote name='ukhoops']What exactly is lumines? I have heard a lot about this game, but can't find any screenshots or anything resembling a decent description of it. Can you help me out and explain a little about it?

The screen on the PSP is amazing! If the PSP does make it out sub $200, nintendo will be reaching for their ankles, beacuse for only $50 more than a DS, these shouldn't be any discussion. The only thing that may hurt the PSP launch is if the launch lineup of games is as weak as the DS launch games were.[/quote]

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/704/704774/imgs_1.html

[quote name='ukhoops']What exactly is lumines? I have heard a lot about this game, but can't find any screenshots or anything resembling a decent description of it. Can you help me out and explain a little about it?

The screen on the PSP is amazing! If the PSP does make it out sub $200, nintendo will be reaching for their ankles, beacuse for only $50 more than a DS, these shouldn't be any discussion. The only thing that may hurt the PSP launch is if the launch lineup of games is as weak as the DS launch games were.[/quote]

I'm not too sure why you have trouble finding screenshots, most sites have them.
http://psp.ign.com/objects/704/704774.html?ui=gamefinder

it is a tetrist/puyo puyo/columns type of puzzle game. 2 by 2 squares of blocks come down. when the same color of blocks combine to create a 2 by 2 or bigger shape, it is ready to disappear. once the line passes through it, it disappears. check the video and you'll know what I mean. I didn't feel like going into depth explaining heh.

the PSP launch is basically one of the more busy months for a ps2. so it should be better than the DS launch.

[quote name='mario23air']I paid $500 for an import Dreamcast back in 1999 before it came out here, never again. If a system is coing out here in less that 3 months you would be a fool to buy an import for double or triple the expected US price.[/quote]

there is a slight difference, which is the region lock thing, or lack of it. but of course, I agree that the extra money will not be worth it for most people.

My friends has one and all he's got so far is Ridge Racers. Very nice. I'm not sure if I'll get one but the system is very cool.

Wait and pick it up when it comes out in the US. I'll bet the US version will have some of the errors worked out of it (such as the buttons over the screen). If you get to BB or CC before they open I'm sure you'll be able to get one.

bread's done
Back