Has anyone used gamebot.ca?

hmm k I am gonna try out that gamebot.ca website, never heard of it before, bought GTA: Liberty City and I am selling Chrono Trigger (DS) for $13.50, worth a shot

I just looked at a couple used PS3 games that I am interested in. ME2 for $20, and Dead Space 2 for $31. I can get them new for that price at EB, and cheaper used.

Hmm I'm interested in a couple titles.. anyone have experience ordering from t his place?

Hmm.. couldn't edit my previous post for some reason.. wanted to ask another question.. Do they offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount? Can't find the info...

Edit: I found a free shipping code (SPENDLESSPLAYMORE), but it's expired. I ordered Star Ocean: Last Hope International, and Valkyria Chronicles for PS3. $9.99 each, shipping costs kind of kills the deal, but meh, it's still a pretty decent I think. I hope this company is reputable. Shipping will probably take a while, since they have to ship the pre-paid envelope to the seller, then the seller ships to me... so prob like 2 weeks.. =\

Last edited by a moderator:
with gamebot's take rate quite a bit higher then ebay/paypal I cant imagine why anyone would use it being there will never be a fraction of the market there is on ebay.

Seller pays 10% + $2, then buyer pays a markup on the postage cost.

On a $20 game ebay/papal collect about $2.70. Gamebot about $5.40. (canada post gets 2.06 either way) Don't see the point.

[quote name='zoro69']with gamebot's take rate quite a bit higher then ebay/paypal I cant imagine why anyone would use it being there will never be a fraction of the market there is on ebay.

Seller pays 10% + $2, then buyer pays a markup on the postage cost.

On a $20 game ebay/papal collect about $2.70. Gamebot about $5.40. (canada post gets 2.06 either way) Don't see the point.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it doesn't make much sense as a seller. Some decent prices for buyers though.

I'm the guy that took FFXII for 6.99, from what I know there is always shipping costs.

but yea it is heavily reliant on the person who is selling the game, he/she has to be on time or else you'll get it late.

I recently purchased LA Noire (new) off Amazon.ca for $29.99 (and turned out to be a pre-order copy too!) when the used version was available from GS/EBGames for $24.99.

I was just checking this site to see what it would allow me to sell the game for and saw that the "excellent" condition copy has a suggested selling price of $24.75 vs. a "good" condition has one of "$27.50".

Ummm, WTF?! What gives......?

[quote name='DntMessWitRohan']I recently purchased LA Noire (new) off Amazon.ca for $29.99 (and turned out to be a pre-order copy too!) when the used version was available from GS/EBGames for $24.99.

I was just checking this site to see what it would allow me to sell the game for and saw that the "excellent" condition copy has a suggested selling price of $24.75 vs. a "good" condition has one of "$27.50".

Ummm, WTF?! What gives......?[/QUOTE]

Prices are user generated.. You can put whatever price you want when you sell something. There is no listing fee, so it doesn't really matter if you list something for a high price. The "Good" listing was probably created prior to the "Excellent" listing, so he got undercut. The suggested listing prices are based off previous listing prices.

[quote name='CACG']Prices are user generated.. You can put whatever price you want when you sell something. There is no listing fee, so it doesn't really matter if you list something for a high price. The "Good" listing was probably created prior to the "Excellent" listing, so he got undercut. The suggested listing prices are based off previous listing prices.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh OK. Makes more sense now...... :p

Bought a game, it arrived and it was the wrong game, returned it and never got a refund, even after several emails. This site sucks.

The shipping price is too high and usually kills any deal. Also, shipping takes FOREVER because you have to wait for gamebot to send a mailer to the seller and then once the seller gets the mailer, he puts the game in there and mails it out. So it's pretty much double the wait time, if not longer.

Also, there is no way to leave "negative feedback" for a crappy seller either. So many flaws with this site, it's not even funny. I'm out as a buyer and as a seller, you pay a smaller fee on amazon and eBay plus you get WAY more exposure. So count me out for selling any of my games there either.

Terrible customer service and there are quite a few flaws with the site/layout/features too.

I would certainly not recommend this site to anyone.

[quote name='dtp11']Bought a game, it arrived and it was the wrong game, returned it and never got a refund, even after several emails. This site sucks.

The shipping price is too high and usually kills any deal. Also, shipping takes FOREVER because you have to wait for gamebot to send a mailer to the seller and then once the seller gets the mailer, he puts the game in there and mails it out. So it's pretty much double the wait time, if not longer.

Also, there is no way to leave "negative feedback" for a crappy seller either. So many flaws with this site, it's not even funny. I'm out as a buyer and as a seller, you pay a smaller fee on amazon and eBay plus you get WAY more exposure. So count me out for selling any of my games there either.

Terrible customer service and there are quite a few flaws with the site/layout/features too.

I would certainly not recommend this site to anyone.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen to me, I took the one game I was selling down as I determined the people running the site were pretty bad and lazy, wrong game, no return emails from support, $9 lost on wrong game in case, never use gamebot again

I got the 2 games I ordered (both qualifiers)... Star Ocean: Last Hope International , and Valkyria Chronicles.. $9.99 each. Both came in excellent condition.. no marks or scuffs on case, booklets in perfect condition, and game disc is flawless. I'm very impressed. However since games come from actual people, not Gamebot, results will vary purchase to purchase.. I'm pretty pleased with my purchase though.

After trying to post a few weeks ago to advise against using Gamebot.ca, I finally got my money back through Paypal. To add insult to the incompetence of Gamebot.ca, I continue to get this email after I've replied and submitted claim through Paypal;

"Hi wieber,
You bought "" through GameBot on 04/02/2012 3:21:00 PM, but we haven't heard from you about it yet. Please click the following linke to confirm that you have received this item and that you are satisfied with it:"

I've replied through the two addresses available for gamebot.ca but never received a reply like others of you. Do not use Gamebot.ca, either there is fraud going on or there is to much automation for the website to deal with issues.

Have a great day

bread's done
Back