Has there been a baseball game released for DS?

csidegamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
159 (100%)
Just curious.

Only thing I could find was Wiffleball from last year.

Gamespot has MLB 2k7 coming out in March for the DS but info is sketchy.

Has anyone seen or heard of any others?

Thanks.

Do not buy Wiffleball. It's horrible. In terms of US releases, there hasn't been a single baseball game. MLB2K7 will be the first, but I'm not holding my breath it'll be any good.

[quote name='furyk']Do not buy Wiffleball. It's horrible. In terms of US releases, there hasn't been a single baseball game. MLB2K7 will be the first, but I'm not holding my breath it'll be any good.[/QUOTE]

I had heard Wiffleball was bad so stayed away.

We can only hope MLB 2K7 is decent.
Not holding my breath either.

The lack of sports games on the DS is insane. I'm not even a huge fan of sports games but I do play them from time to time. We need like NBA Jam or something like that as well as a good baseball game.

I seem to recall someone talking about a pair of imports... One was so-so, and one was solid. I don't remember which was which though. Power Pro Kun Pocket 9, and Atsumare! Power Pro Kun no DS Koshien. Both of them are naturally Japanese. The first one has their professional teams, and the 2nd one is high school based. IIRC, the high school one had a fairly involved franchise/season mode.

[quote name='schuerm26']I have never heard of wiffleball or seen it in a store. Is it hard to find?[/QUOTE]

nope... go to toys r us... you'll probably trip over a stack of them while you're walking around the games section.

This is my biggest gripe with DS. I have the import Winning Eleven for DS and the gameplay is good but I have a hard time with it since it's a JAP game. A new english one is coming out next month.

I would think that baseball would work well on DS. I could see using the lower screen to make fielding adjustments.

RC

bread's done
Back