Hastings 30% off Used sale Again!

alissima

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this topic was already started, i couldn't find it anywhere. Hastings just e-mailed me their current promotions.

http://www.gohastings.com/

30% off used games, dvds
20% blu-rays
10% off new games and movies...
and this is a new one, that i LOVE
20% action figures!! and music :)

Promo Code : HOLIDAY

**edited to reflect extended time of sale** valid from 12/6/2009 to 12/19/2009 Central Standard Time

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone have any experience buying used games from Hastings online? Do they send out complete games or do they do they also send out incomplete copies?

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']needs moar "online only" in title, thanks though![/QUOTE]

ahh yeah, sorry, knew i forgot something. was excited! haha.

and yeah, i just ordered... 6 blu rays, and 3 used ps3 games with the last sale, and everything arrived in fantastic condition. only thing wrong with the whole order was that the used copy of mirrors did not include the second disc. i'm sure they would replace it if i called, but i won't use it, so i'm not wasting their time.

This a great deal. I managed to get Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition for $51 shipped with this deal last week. It was delivered on Thursday, and everything was in perfect condition except for the guide, but I can get it replace with the Atlus Guide Replacement Program.

Its not a very good deal if shipping is $3, I looked at Bioshock for PS3 and it would be like $15, I could just get a new copy from Amazon for $17 shipped

[quote name='salparadise78']does anyone have any experience buying used games from Hastings online? Do they send out complete games or do they do they also send out incomplete copies?[/QUOTE]

I've received 29 games in the mail so far...

3/3 of my Previously Viewed titles were not up to par*
8/26 of my Used titles were not up to par*

Five were complete, but had other flaws such as poor disc quality (scratches), a cracked case, or a poor-quality cover
One had a case, but no manual
One had a poor disc, but no case (No case means not an original case... one of their substitutes was sent instead)
Two had disc only
Two had no case

All in all, not too bad for those prices.

Hell, I keep buying. Placed another order a few days ago.

ACII previously viewed comes to about $37. Good price, but I want to be sure I get the case and manual. I will pass for now.

But they also have Infamous for $25, which I might jump on.

I suppose I should mention that the majority of those games were last gen. The previously viewed ones were Xbox/PS2, so you'd likely have luck getting a complete set unless someone was retarded and ate their manual for AC2 or something.

I wasn't expecting this sale to make a comeback so quickly. I might have to order a few more recent titles from them since it has.

If that Eye Of Judgement bundle comes with the camera and cards and everything else that the new one comes with, it's a decent deal for those who haven't been able to find it at Sears for $5.

[quote name='salparadise78']does anyone have any experience buying used games from Hastings online? Do they send out complete games or do they do they also send out incomplete copies?[/QUOTE]

I bought my copy of Borderlands on PS3 last time they ran this deal - worked like a champ, complete with box and manual. Shipped in the same amount of time as any other retailer.

Blah. Sales tax is always annoying when purchasing online. Still a good deal though. Bought a few games. Thanks OP.

Does anyone know if the price they listed is already taking into account the 30% discount? For example, Assassin's Creed II previously viewed was around 48$, with the discount it will be 33.6$, no?

[quote name='candymaker789']Does anyone know if the price they listed is already taking into account the 30% discount? For example, Assassin's Creed II previously viewed was around 48$, with the discount it will be 33.6$, no?[/QUOTE]

Nope. You have to proceed to check out and then put in the code.

[quote name='jubeininja69']most of the games i've been looking for has been picked clean.[/QUOTE]

That's why ya gotta keep an eye on CAG for deals and jump on them when you first see them.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wasn't expecting this sale to make a comeback so quickly. I might have to order a few more recent titles from them since it has.

If that Eye Of Judgement bundle comes with the camera and cards and everything else that the new one comes with, it's a decent deal for those who haven't been able to find it at Sears for $5.[/QUOTE]
It only comes with game. I told them quite a while ago to fix the picture that displays the bundle, yet it seems they still haven't.

I've ordered:
3 used :ps3: games
2 used :360: games
1 used :wii: games
3 used :ds: games

They all came in complete, good to mint condition. However, many of these games were relatively new like Assassin's Creed II and Dragon Age: Origins. I also compiled a list of praises and complaints in a previous thread:

Related to the condition of used games:
- addicted2games - scratched, incomplete older PS2 games
+ dcm1602 - older ps3 games, like new condition
+ bvharris - older ps2 games in near-perfect condition
+ yokissmybass - immaculate blu-rays
- bruceg - kept less than 1/2 last-gen games; few were incomplete, but many were heavily scratched
+ bvharris - 3 PS2 games in good condition
+ kaskd - ordered 3 games, received 2 in good condition but never received 3rd
+ Squarehard - 18 DS games, all complete and good condition
- Bhhawks78 - 2 games in generic cases/no manuals and terrible/unplayable condition
+ fyrflash1969 - 2 current-gen games in complete, good condition
+ xycury - All DS were complete. 1 of 9 PSP games came without a manual but had original casing.
+ aeri - 2 PS2, 1 PSP game in complete condition, though cases were less than ideal.
+ ryemm - 6 games, 5 mint and 1 near-mint.

Also, posted by The Lone Pig: "I have had more luck with used games coming complete over pre-played. They're usually cheaper too for some reason."

Related to goHastings' customer service:
- sadikyo - problem with shipping and getting over 10 "new" games as used
- cheapndirty - similar problem
- tomfool - received an audio CD instead of a PS3 game; sent back CD but item never arrived and goHastings refuses to send him the game
- kaskd - ordered 3 games, received 2 in good condition but never received 3rd
- freshzen - canceled order
- rickshankshaw - canceled order
- michael90002002 - one game came 3 weeks later and wasn't even the correct one

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I've received 29 games in the mail so far...

3/3 of my Previously Viewed titles were not up to par*
8/26 of my Used titles were not up to par*

Five were complete, but had other flaws such as poor disc quality (scratches), a cracked case, or a poor-quality cover
One had a case, but no manual
One had a poor disc, but no case (No case means not an original case... one of their substitutes was sent instead)
Two had disc only
Two had no case

All in all, not too bad for those prices.

Hell, I keep buying. Placed another order a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Of your flawed titles, how many were last-gen and how many were current-gen? And if they're current gen, how old are they?

For current-gen:
Popolocrois - PSP (No manual)
Spectral Force 3 - 360 (Cracked case)

The others were 1 PS2, 1 Xbox, and 7 PS2.

I have received 7 other 360/PSP games which came complete with no problems.

I suppose it should be noted that they did cancel one of my games - Persona 3 FES, but that's it so far.

All of my hastings games have come in perfect condition so far. (I have gotten 15 or so PS3 Games)

Much better than gamestop.

[quote name='gamer6587']Its not a very good deal if shipping is $3, I looked at Bioshock for PS3 and it would be like $15, I could just get a new copy from Amazon for $17 shipped[/QUOTE]

Shipping is $2 + $1 for each game. So 3 games at $1.67 shipping is pretty good. Of course, buying other games for the sake of making the shipping go down is pointless, but there's probably more than 1 game you want. I would say take advantage of buying several older and cheap games you have your eye on for the 30% off sale. It may actually be better than their B2G1 deal because you're not tied to only 3 games.

[quote name='jubeininja69']most of the games i've been looking for has been picked clean.[/QUOTE]

goHastings has been in constant "sale" mode since Thanksgiving. They've been alternating B2G1 and 30% off sales for the holidays, so it's pretty slim pickings. I've been waiting for New Super Mario Bros. Wii to come back in stock, but even if they do bring it back in stock it, it just gets sold out again.

It's fine though, it'll probably be in stock the next time they have a B2G1/30% off deal, unless Amazon has a sweet deal before then.

Picked up Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Batman: AA for about $72 shipped. I had planned on waiting until they were about $35 anyway, so this is great for me. :)

[quote name='polander']I bought my copy of Borderlands on PS3 last time they ran this deal - worked like a champ, complete with box and manual. Shipped in the same amount of time as any other retailer.[/QUOTE]

The newer the game the better chance of having everything. I've been buying some PS2 games and it is like 50/50 chance on a manual and a good case.

I wouldn't say it has to do strictly with current or last gen. Last sale I picked up Trapt for PS2 ($1.99 or so), and it was in complete mint condition.

I'm always happy with the quality of their products they send, and if there's a problem, they resolve it quickly and fairly over the phone (I ordered X2 steelbook, and they sent me the regular case version, refunded and told me to keep it).

[quote name='Kerig']I wouldn't say it has to do strictly with current or last gen. Last sale I picked up Trapt for PS2 ($1.99 or so), and it was in complete mint condition.

I'm always happy with the quality of their products they send, and if there's a problem, they resolve it quickly and fairly over the phone (I ordered X2 steelbook, and they sent me the regular case version, refunded and told me to keep it).[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah you can get complete last gen games that are perfect, but i think the chances of them being worse than current gen games is higher.

The only problem i have had with some stuff from gohastings is not their fault at all (in a way i guess it could be), but usps or whoever ships. Two of my cases came slightly broken (the middle button broke and on a 3 disc set the holder for the middle discs is broken). But i found the pieces inside the case so it did break during shipping.

Now that isn't to say that I haven't gotten games without manuals (buying like 15 games you're bound to have a few no manual games), but overall I am very happy with the quality of the items. Hell I even got Shadowrun (360) used and it came brand new. Plus for $2 or $4 games I am not really expecting everything to come in immaculate condition and have a golden light around it when i open it.

For the price of the items I have bought (averaging $7 on all my Bluray purchases, with new ones like Batman: Dark Knight and Watchmen) I can not complain with one or two broken case items.

I ordered Ratchet Tools of Destruction and Uncharted 2 for myself. Ratchet shipped already.

I just ordered 2 Naruto games for my friend too.

Gotta love 30% off used games!!!

[quote name='DesertLeo']gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. maybe I can sneak more game purchases past the wife....[/QUOTE]

I get my stuff sent to work :bouncy::bouncy::applause::applause::lol::lol:

[quote name='Morphx2']I ordered Ratchet Tools of Destruction and Uncharted 2 for myself. Ratchet shipped already.

I just ordered 2 Naruto games for my friend too.

Gotta love 30% off used games!!![/QUOTE]

Even without the 30% they have good prices for used games (for the most part... I'm looking at you Kotor 2).

I have a Hastings 5 minutes away from me, so I usually go there to check out used games. Nothing new since last week though.

so this is not in store, because shipping is killing the discount??????????? I have 2 gohastings within a 2-3 mile radius of my apartment

is anyone else having problems ordering just now? i tried ordering but when i click place order it give me this message "We had a problem with processing your order. Please contact Guest Service at [email protected] or 877-427-8464." customer service is closed and i hope the game doesnt go oos

I'm trying to use the holiday code, but it won't do anything. And while I was messing with it, someone bought the last copy of X-Men Legends. :mad:

Edit: Okay, that was weird, as soon as I removed X-Men Legends, it worked.

[quote name='Unrealevil']I'm trying to use the holiday code, but it won't do anything. And while I was messing with it, someone bought the last copy of X-Men Legends. :mad:

Edit: Okay, that was weird, as soon as I removed X-Men Legends, it worked.[/QUOTE]

One thing that comes to mind is the possibility of an M rated game in your cart and you have to check the 17 and older to actually get the code to work. Of course if you don't have an M rated game then I have absolutely no idea.

anyone know the difference between previously viewed and used?

are previously views rentals, do they come complete more often than used?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']anyone know the difference between previously viewed and used?

are previously views rentals, do they come complete more often than used?[/QUOTE]

Previously Viewed = Ex-Rentals
Used = Stuff traded into Hastings

To answer your second question, you cannot trade anything into Hastings that is not complete. Very rarely, previously viewed materials will be just disc only if the store cannot find the original case.

[quote name='4tygames']Previously Viewed = Ex-Rentals
Used = Stuff traded into Hastings

To answer your second question, you cannot trade anything into Hastings that is not complete. Very rarely, previously viewed materials will be just disc only if the store cannot find the original case.[/QUOTE]

so that means used games should have a manual and case?

bread's done
Back