Hastings 30% off Used sale Again!

alissima

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this topic was already started, i couldn't find it anywhere. Hastings just e-mailed me their current promotions.

http://www.gohastings.com/

30% off used games, dvds
20% blu-rays
10% off new games and movies...
and this is a new one, that i LOVE
20% action figures!! and music :)

Promo Code : HOLIDAY

**edited to reflect extended time of sale** valid from 12/6/2009 to 12/19/2009 Central Standard Time

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this does mean that there are manuals and a case. Most (majority) of games are in good condition with the disc and case almost being "Like New" or "New" while previously is to get going. This is better than 'Previous View' which is a rented game.

Received a few more games in the past few days, posting the quality of them.

La Pucelle Tactics = Good condition for a PS2 game, not like new or anything, but it was complete. Smelled a bit... funny as well. Fine with me, it'll smell like my oak cabinet soon :D

Ys: The Ark of Napishtim = Perfect condition.

Jade Cocoon 2 = a little bent in the corners, but not a bad copy. Didn't come in original case, but was complete.

Astonishia Story = Cover was faded like never before, back was fine. Other than the cover it was pretty good, in matter of fact manual never seemed to be open and the UMD seemed new too. Might buy a replacement tho :(

:bomb: inFamous and Sacred 2 for PS3 are tempting me by being in stock still at this point in the sale. I really should buy them at $22 and change each before shipping and possible tax, but I've got so many titles as it is now.

Damn you CAG for posting all of these great deals and tempting me. :bomb:

I finally received all my games from GoHastings. Many arrived about 1 week after my orders but some were slower. All I can say is that I am very pleased with them and their customer service. They were not perfect but they were very easy to deal with. Unless otherwise noted, all games were 'used' and came complete with manuals, soundtracks, box and were all very good quality, most were basically new. Here is what I got:

Order #1
- Lost Odyssey
- Eternal Sonata
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 PES
- Culdcept Saga
- Infinite Undiscovery
- Guitar Hero II Bundle (refund with paid shipping)

Order #2
- Devil May Cry 2
- Devil May Cry 3
- Wrath Unleashed
- Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
- Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
- Demon Stone
- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (refund and kept game)

Order #3
- Fight Night: Round 3 (refund and kept game)
- Blue Dragon
- Enchanted Arms
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
- God of War II
- Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit

So the only problems I had were with Dragon Quest VIII, Fight Night Round 3, and Guitar Hero II bundle. Dragon Quest VIII and Fight Night Round 3 were both missing manuals. In both cases they gave me a full refund and told me to keep the games. I couldnt be happier with that service.

Guitar Hero II bundle came in the large box but was missing the actual game box and game. The guitar was in great shape but it was pointless without a game. They offered a full refund and sent me a shipping label in less than 30 minutes via email. The funny part is that I bought that during the buy 2 get 1 free sale and they still offered me a full refund of $35+shipping which is a much better deal for me. So now I will get $38, and I can buy it again from them for only $27 with the 30% discount. I actually suggested they just send the game separately because it would save them money but they insisted on the refund. Go figure lol.

Overall, I am extremely happy with gohastings and will definitely shop with them again.

I got the Wii Fit that I ordered last week. Supposedly used, but aside from the box being a little beat up (likely due to shipping) and retaped, it's apparent this was never used (everything inside factory tied, baggied, and/or shrinkwrapped). Not bad for $45.xx + shipping. Now I still have to deal with their making two orders with their stupid website. The other (mistake) one is still out there with just the "electronic notification" from USPS, so I don't know if it actually was shipped or not. They sure as heck charged me for both. How long do you suggest I wait before pestering them about it?

Just ordered
.hack Infection
.hack Mutation
Retro Game Challenge
Fable (original)
Total of $33.xx with is worth it just for the .hack game IMO. Plus I missed Retro Game Challenge when the had the sale previously.

Ordered Borderlands and Dirt 2 in the last Black Friday sale from them. Borderlands came mint. Not so much as a free floating spec of lint on the disk. And Dirt 2 was just about the same. That was my only experience with them.

My friend wanted Uncharted 2, but it sold out.

I was going to buy Crack in Time, but I just ordered the first 1 so I gotta see if I will like it

Cool. Another chance to get yakuza series on ps2 for cheap. They sold out last time around.

The game I did receive last time: Final Fantasy XII was complete and the disc was in great condition. It was also black labeled :D

That gave me confidence in Gohastings.

Tempted to pick up Kirby SuperStar Ultra, FF: Echoes of Time, and Space Invaders Extreme 2 for a total for $48, which would make it about $16 a game. Not a bad price at all considering they're all decent titles. Just need someone to confirm its a good deal so I can pull the trigger. :eek:

Edit: Pulled the trigger anyways. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

[quote name='marc5477']I finally received all my games from GoHastings. Many arrived about 1 week after my orders but some were slower. All I can say is that I am very pleased with them and their customer service. They were not perfect but they were very easy to deal with. Unless otherwise noted, all games were 'used' and came complete with manuals, soundtracks, box and were all very good quality, most were basically new. Here is what I got:

Order #1
- Lost Odyssey
- Eternal Sonata
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 PES
- Culdcept Saga
- Infinite Undiscovery
- Guitar Hero II Bundle (refund with paid shipping)

Order #2
- Devil May Cry 2
- Devil May Cry 3
- Wrath Unleashed
- Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
- Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
- Demon Stone
- Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
- Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (refund and kept game)

Order #3
- Fight Night: Round 3 (refund and kept game)
- Blue Dragon
- Enchanted Arms
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
- God of War II
- Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit

So the only problems I had were with Dragon Quest VIII, Fight Night Round 3, and Guitar Hero II bundle. Dragon Quest VIII and Fight Night Round 3 were both missing manuals. In both cases they gave me a full refund and told me to keep the games. I couldnt be happier with that service.

Guitar Hero II bundle came in the large box but was missing the actual game box and game. The guitar was in great shape but it was pointless without a game. They offered a full refund and sent me a shipping label in less than 30 minutes via email. The funny part is that I bought that during the buy 2 get 1 free sale and they still offered me a full refund of $35+shipping which is a much better deal for me. So now I will get $38, and I can buy it again from them for only $27 with the 30% discount. I actually suggested they just send the game separately because it would save them money but they insisted on the refund. Go figure lol.

Overall, I am extremely happy with gohastings and will definitely shop with them again.[/QUOTE]

i will make sure to ask for a refund too, if any of my stuff comes incomplete.

I believe that usually for 'used' copies are usually guaranteed to have the manuals and so when they do not satisfy (gohastings) then they refund your order and usually let you keep the game too. I believe this is unique and actually something that I have not seen in other retailers usually.

I just wanted to point out to everyone here that you may want to double-check your credit card statement and make sure that the charge is what it should be. There have been a few instances where my order changed several times (due to cancellations mostly), and the actual charge to my credit card was different from what it should be, due to the cancellations, or miscalculations in shipping, etc. This did not happen MOST of the time, but it did happen a few times, just an FYI.

Course, I would wager I have made more purchases from Gohastings than anyone else here - it is almost ridiculous what I have bought over the last few months. It would be a nightmare to go through game by game and explain condition, but I have had very mixed results. Some have come in perfect condition, others missing a manual, others badly scratched, others cancelled. Overall, I feel I have gotten some great deals, but there is simply no guarantee when you order.

Hope this helps some...

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I can't believe you got a refund because your stuff came without manuals. -_-[/QUOTE]
Mine came with 2 manuals. Maybe I should ask for a refund :)

Damn dude that's awesome they hooked you up with a refund. I'm debating if I want to spend more money on this deal lol.

so i'm trying to buy a few used tv seasons on dvd, and it tells me that the HOLIDAY promo is applied, and i'm not seeing any discount in my checkout, am I doing something wrong?

removing the code and re applying leaves the exact same checkout price.

I have only one order online... yet they managed to send me each game in triplicate and charge me 3 times for it... I called and they were like, yes I see you have one order open. After spending 20 mins trying to explain that they charged me three times for the same order (i thought that was clear enough....?) she finally says, well if you want you can send the three games back for a refund (I ordered 6 games so this statement made no sense). Finally when asked to speak with the manager she said "they dont actually have a manager on staff now". This was around 4pm cst... who the hell doesnt have a manager on staff? I asked for someone to call me, since she said she would check to put in a reversing entry on my account. Long story short, they never call and I get an email telling me to send back the 18 games and receive my 113 dollar refund.... (This was only one of the 3 charges)... Needless to say I shipped back the 12 games, kept six, and they better refund my 226 bucks or there will be hell to pay!

[quote name='Steggy']I have only one order online... yet they managed to send me each game in triplicate and charge me 3 times for it... I called and they were like, yes I see you have one order open. After spending 20 mins trying to explain that they charged me three times for the same order (i thought that was clear enough....?) she finally says, well if you want you can send the three games back for a refund (I ordered 6 games so this statement made no sense). Finally when asked to speak with the manager she said "they dont actually have a manager on staff now". This was around 4pm cst... who the hell doesnt have a manager on staff? I asked for someone to call me, since she said she would check to put in a reversing entry on my account. Long story short, they never call and I get an email telling me to send back the 18 games and receive my 113 dollar refund.... (This was only one of the 3 charges)... Needless to say I shipped back the 12 games, kept six, and they better refund my 226 bucks or there will be hell to pay![/QUOTE]

Never had that problem. Have fun with it getting fixed. I've ordered 24 games from Hastings, and only the exception of 1 of them (which was the wrong game) was not satisfactory and when I called it was easily fixed. And as of recently, many people saying they can't get their credit card to work with Hastings and etc on the site. This is the only problem with Hastings. They are terribly inconsistent and their shipping is just the best since they like to ship it one at a time. Who wouldn't want 6 envelopes for a 6 game order that could very easily fit in one small box? FUN! :bouncy:

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']so i'm trying to buy a few used tv seasons on dvd, and it tells me that the HOLIDAY promo is applied, and i'm not seeing any discount in my checkout, am I doing something wrong?

removing the code and re applying leaves the exact same checkout price.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it won't apply if you don't check the box for "I"m over 17 years of age".

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Sometimes it won't apply if you don't check the box for "I"m over 17 years of age".[/QUOTE]

hmm i don't see that box

HomieGFunk is correct. You have to click the over 17 box near the price at the bottom of the page in order to proceed with your order.

thanks for the tip guys, may use it in the future, but i don't wanna chance this on christmas gifts this time.

I think I will buy these elsewhere, price on amazon is only a couple dollars higher. I need to stop being so cheap, I fit in all too well here to start with.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']
I think I will buy these elsewhere, price on amazon is only a couple dollars higher. I need to stop being so cheap, I fit in all too well here to start with.[/QUOTE]

Apparently you're not fitting in well enough. LYNCH MOB!:twoguns::twoguns::twoguns:

[quote name='Squarehard']Never had that problem. Have fun with it getting fixed. I've ordered 24 games from Hastings, and only the exception of 1 of them (which was the wrong game) was not satisfactory and when I called it was easily fixed. And as of recently, many people saying they can't get their credit card to work with Hastings and etc on the site. This is the only problem with Hastings. They are terribly inconsistent and their shipping is just the best since they like to ship it one at a time. Who wouldn't want 6 envelopes for a 6 game order that could very easily fit in one small box? FUN! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

The shipping inconsistency is definitely frustrating - the reason for this, however, is that most of their inventory comes from stores all across the US, and so you may order 6 games that are actually at 6 different stores, hence the 6 different envelopes arriving at different times. This is especially common with older games, or used games, rather than brand new popular games. The issue with people getting the wrong games is also a product of this issue, in my opinion. Quality control is difficult when you have a thousand different employees from different stores shipping out items.

Item cancellations are mostly the result of the fact that they list physical inventory from stores on their online store, and if you order a game online, it may be sold in the physical store before your order is processed, hence the cancellation. This is complicated by the fact that for many of their games, they are listed on gohastings.com, as well as amazon.com, as well as in the physical store, so there are 3 different places for people to order the same game.

Add all of these complications together, and there is a relatively high risk of errors, including quality issues, the wrong games being sent, cancellations, shipping variations, credit card charging issues, etc.

I think a lot of this has been said in other threads, but I thought I would put it all in one place in case it helps anyone.

[quote name='aosora13']I believe that usually for 'used' copies are usually guaranteed to have the manuals and so when they do not satisfy (gohastings) then they refund your order and usually let you keep the game too. I believe this is unique and actually something that I have not seen in other retailers usually.[/QUOTE]

If that was true, I'd definitely take advantage of it, because my stuff didn't come all complete, but...

• What is your guarantee on used products?
Due to the nature of used products; booklet inserts, digital movie downloads and manuals are not guaranteed in our used movies, video games and CDs. We do, however, guarantee full functionality on all used media sold at our stores or at www.goHastings.com

[quote name='WaTony']Hmm, unlike Gamestop, this Hastings place actually has used games to sell online.[/QUOTE]

Sort of, lol. It gets cancelled so often for most people they were probably better off not making the order to avoid the frustration. I've had good luck personally, but not so much everyone else XD

I've purchased about 25 PSP, PS3, XBOX and DS games from them in the last 3 weeks. I'm still waiting for the last 5 or so to be shipped/delivered, but overall I'm very satisfied. Surprisingly, 2 of the "used" games they shipped were still shrink-wrapped! I think 1 or 2 of the PSP games had disk shells that were slightly cracked (where the clear cover has been pressed in towards the disk) but the game still played OK. Everything came with a manual, but a couple of the manuals were pretty worn fron frequentl fingering/folding. One of the plastic PSP cases was cracked a bit, but not too badly. But at these prices I can't really complain.

But it isn't like I have time to play a tenth of the games I've bought in the last month, but I'll have plenty to keep me busy in case my company gives me a pink slip for chirstmas.

Yeah I love gohastings, but it's very much like a good album. You want other people to enjoy it but not too many. I've gotten so many great games from them but everything is going out of stock like never before. Good on them, and props to us getting great deals but there a a few titles I'm still looking to come back in.

this sucks. some games i ordered are out of stock. i wished they would have them in stock before selling them to me. i ordered like 50+ ps2 games with the discount since they are so cheap now.

[quote name='Steggy']I have only one order online... yet they managed to send me each game in triplicate and charge me 3 times for it... I called and they were like, yes I see you have one order open. After spending 20 mins trying to explain that they charged me three times for the same order (i thought that was clear enough....?) she finally says, well if you want you can send the three games back for a refund (I ordered 6 games so this statement made no sense). Finally when asked to speak with the manager she said "they dont actually have a manager on staff now". This was around 4pm cst... who the hell doesnt have a manager on staff? I asked for someone to call me, since she said she would check to put in a reversing entry on my account. Long story short, they never call and I get an email telling me to send back the 18 games and receive my 113 dollar refund.... (This was only one of the 3 charges)... Needless to say I shipped back the 12 games, kept six, and they better refund my 226 bucks or there will be hell to pay![/QUOTE]

That's awful. I thought my somehow managing to order two Wii Fits (when I only wanted one) was bad enough. Still have no idea where the errant one is...no change in DC status since the 29th. They certainly charged me for both though!

[quote name='pun123']picked up
PS3
RNC TOD-14
MNC CE-17

S/H-3.99[/QUOTE]

Is this some sort of riddle? What do we win if we solve it?

PS3
RNC TOD-14
MNC CE-17

S/H-3.99[/QUOTE]

Is this some sort of riddle? What do we win if we solve it? Or is it launch codes? Don't do it man. Peace be unto you.

PS3
RNC TOD-14
MNC CE-17

S/H-3.99[/QUOTE]

Rachet and Clank Tools of Destruction?
Midnight Club Collectors Edition?

Shipping and Handling?

My money is on launch codes

Just ordered Raiden IV and Enemy Territories: Quake Wars. I wouldn't have picked up the latter if it wasn't $1.30 after 30% off... can't pass it up at that price, regardless.

[quote name='jubeininja69']this sucks. some games i ordered are out of stock. i wished they would have them in stock before selling them to me. i ordered like 50+ ps2 games with the discount since they are so cheap now.[/QUOTE]

Did they actually tell you that its been canceled because its out of stock?

Hasting's site is weird since if you look at your order details, for some reason they show you the current stock of the games for all your items. But this does not mean that your game was not shipped because it was out of stock. So unless they specifically sent you emails telling you they were canceled, or your order details say its been canceled, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't be getting your game.

Just a note - you can go to "my order status" and key in your order number and billing zip code and it will give you an updated status of your items - whether or not they have been shipped, cancelled, in progress, etc. This is SUPPOSED to work from your "My Orders" page, where you can just click "View Order," but for some reason this isn't working for me.

Also, in my experience, they won't really give anything for cancelled orders, other than "sorry." Since additional games are an additional $1.00 shipping, you may use that when you calculate the cost of your games for purchase. If several games are cancelled, your average per-item shipping cost jumps up, but my experience with phone support has been pretty much "tough luck" on that issue.

anyone have their game(s) ship yet. 4+ days now and no update on my order. I emailed and they said they were processing to be shipped, but that was 2 days ago.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']anyone have their game(s) ship yet. 4+ days now and no update on my order. I emailed and they said they were processing to be shipped, but that was 2 days ago.[/QUOTE]

I order all mine the day before and they were all shipped yesterday.

But Hastings doesn't notify for shipping until very late at night through email for some reason. So if you don't see the email during the day, it might show up late at night.

Another thing is that since Hastings sells stock from in store, if one store accidentally sells their stock of the game you wanted, they send it off to another store to try and get it shipped from that store. And this process will keep repeating until they find a store that has it to ship. So it could take a long time to actually get it shipped if they don't have it in stock at each store.

just ordered kingdom hearts 2, i chose used game but when i got a email confirmation it says i purchased previously viewed? i heard previously viewed dont have manual and case?

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']Rachet and Clank Tools of Destruction?
Midnight Club Collectors Edition?

Shipping and Handling?

My money is on launch codes[/QUOTE]

I see your a Saints fan so I know your smart enough to figure it out for the other fella, hes probably an Eagles fan. Drew is my boooooooy!

bread's done
Back