Hastings 30% off Used sale Again!

alissima

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this topic was already started, i couldn't find it anywhere. Hastings just e-mailed me their current promotions.

http://www.gohastings.com/

30% off used games, dvds
20% blu-rays
10% off new games and movies...
and this is a new one, that i LOVE
20% action figures!! and music :)

Promo Code : HOLIDAY

**edited to reflect extended time of sale** valid from 12/6/2009 to 12/19/2009 Central Standard Time

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone who was trying to get Demon Souls for a decent price. Demon Souls is $37 dollars (includes shipping) with the HOLIDAY 30 percent code.

Just a note that they are out of stock on the deluxe edition of Demon's Souls, but $37 still isn't bad for the regular edition - only 2 copies left, good luck.

Also, I thought it worth mentioning that they have "Atelier Iris 2" for PS2, New for $21 including shipping, if you use the "HOLIDAY" code. There are also only 2 copies left. This is a pretty good price if you're interested in this game - the lowest price on Amazon (other than Gohastings) is $33 including shipping. Gamestop has it for $20 but is of course out of stock online, and probably difficult to find in stores. This has been at gohastings for a while now and hasn't really moved much, but they just listed on Amazon with the lowest price so my assumption is it will move quickly.

[quote name='sadikyo']Just a note that they are out of stock on the deluxe edition of Demon's Souls, but $37 still isn't bad for the regular edition - only 2 copies left, good luck.[/QUOTE]

How can you see how many copies of something is left?

I was wondering what you meant by that. I really hope I was able to get it since this morning it suddenly became 48 dollars from 54 dollars and I was able to get this game for a decent price. I am now afraid that this game is going to kick my butt.

An update for anyone interested. I ordered Fallout 3 and Borderlands for a combined 59$. I got Fallout 3 today which was pretty quick. The case was great, the manual shows minor wear, and the disc looks flawless. Overall the game packaging was A+ and I'll update you on my Borderlands game when it arrives.

[quote name='A Very CAG']An update for anyone interested. I ordered Fallout 3 and Borderlands for a combined 59$. I got Fallout 3 today which was pretty quick. The case was great, the manual shows minor wear, and the disc looks flawless. Overall the game packaging was A+ and I'll update you on my Borderlands game when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

For what system did you get Fallout 3? I ask because my one buddy and I just scored mint/complete copies from the HWV sale for $5 each.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For what system did you get Fallout 3? I ask because my one buddy and I just scored mint/complete copies from the HWV sale for $5 each.:D[/QUOTE]

I got it for the 360. What's HWV?

[quote name='A Very CAG']I got it for the 360. What's HWV?[/QUOTE]

Hollywood Video.

[quote name='Casteor']Whats the diff between previously viewed and used?[/QUOTE]

Previously viewed is ex rental stock and may not be complete/mint, while used is stuff that people traded in, which we've been told supposedly Hastings requires game/manual/coverart/great shape.

[quote name='momouchi']Approximately how long should standard shipping take?[/QUOTE]

It varies. If they actually sent you a email saying its shipped, or if the status when you check your order says shipped, they do First Class Mail shipping, so generally its pretty fast. Normally it takes them a couple days to process the order, but if its not in stock at the store that was originally suppose to ship from, they send the info to the next store, and see if they still have it, and rinse and repeat. It will vary.

The shipping really kills it for me. It's really just used too.

I'd rather buy NEW for some of the titles on gohastings through Amazon

[quote name='Squarehard']It varies. If they actually sent you a email saying its shipped, or if the status when you check your order says shipped, they do First Class Mail shipping, so generally its pretty fast. Normally it takes them a couple days to process the order, but if its not in stock at the store that was originally suppose to ship from, they send the info to the next store, and see if they still have it, and rinse and repeat. It will vary.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. It has already shipped yesterday so I'll keep an eye out for my games.

[quote name='Casteor']The shipping really kills it for me. It's really just used too.

I'd rather buy NEW for some of the titles on gohastings through Amazon[/QUOTE]

Spectacular to know that about you... I don't buy new games via (one I am a cheap basterd), so it is mostly PS2, Xbox, and a few current (When i say few i pretty much mean 1 or none). And those would be troubling to find at a amazon.com for how cheap some of these are (like 3 dollar games including shipping).

But again I am just fascinated to know more about you because your two previous posts were so interesting and provided much needed detail in this topic.

Out of all the games/movies I have gotten since Black Friday I have had only two be broken (USPSs fault not Gohasting.. small pieces broken in the case) out of 16 items. Now various ones don't have manuals (i think around 3 of them don't) which isn't bad considering they are all PS2 games.

Thus far everything works, but majority (besides movies) do look used with scratches and smudges.

no update on my order. been 5+ days, a tracking number showed up on my order status page, but that hasn't updated at all, "notified by shipper". Got my last final on friday and was hoping to get some Forza in before all the holliday crap.

Got my Batman: AA and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift today--it came surprisingly quickly, but I only live 3-4 hours away from Amarillo, where they ship from.

Both appear to be good as new, will definitely keep an eye on this for Modern Warfare 2.

i got like 10 games still in progress since the last week...

who knows when they will get to me and if i'm still interested.

they really shouldn't sell games they don't have.

[quote name='Casteor']The shipping really kills it for me. It's really just used too.

I'd rather buy NEW for some of the titles on gohastings through Amazon[/QUOTE]

But the shipping on Amazon would be the same price (more if you're buying more than one item from gohastings) and you wouldn't be able to get 10% off. Sorry, but I don't understand your logic.

And I'm not sure what "It's really just used too" even means.

It takes patience and perserverance to be a CAG and unfortunately far too many of the newbies seem to have the 'gimme, gimme, gimme, now, now, now' attitude of the normal consumer still.

At least I know those CAG's won't be any competition for me, since they'll always just go buy games new and closer to retail as opposed to waiting patiently for a sale/clearance.

If shipping was like $6 a game and would tack on $6 per game for every one you order, I could see it being a killer, but as far as I remember that isn't the case with GoHastings.

[quote name='Casteor']Free shipping for stuff i want[/QUOTE]

Huh? Are you talking about Amazon? Your posts are like riddles. If you are buying from gohasting thru Amazon, you still have to pay shipping. That is what you said in your original post, isn't it?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If shipping was like $6 a game and would tack on $6 per game for every one you order, I could see it being a killer, but as far as I remember that isn't the case with GoHastings.[/QUOTE]

It's $1.99 for the first item and .99 each additional item.

[quote name='dino88']
It's $1.99 for the first item and .99 each additional item.[/QUOTE]

That's not bad at all compared with some sites(Best Buy)where their shipping charges are often higher than the cost of the item being shipped.:roll:

They just sent me a copy of brand new and factory sealed Dragon Quest V even though I ordered used.
I'm not complaining though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's not bad at all compared with some sites(Best Buy)where their shipping charges are often higher than the cost of the item being shipped.:roll:[/QUOTE]

It's actually $2.99 for the first, then $1 for the games that follow. Which is why 3 items the shipping is $4.99. So its actually standard shipping since a single game cost $3 to ship. But I never just buy 1 game from Hastings anyways, so no big deal. Some sites actually charge you unevenly more for each item if you purchase more, so this is actually not bad at all if you pick up more than one game.

[quote name='newlu']They just sent me a copy of brand new and factory sealed Dragon Quest V even though I ordered used.
I'm not complaining though.[/QUOTE]

You should check if its the Factory Sealing like all Square games and Nintendo games have, or is it that flimsier looks like they did it themselves shrink wrap. Hastings like to reshrink wrap their used games a lot. I've received many games in the past that have been reshrink wrapped, but they are very well just used and not new.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's actually $2.99 for the first, then $1 for the games that follow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I meant ($2.99 not $1.99). Sorry

[quote name='Squarehard']

You should check if its the Factory Sealing like all Square games and Nintendo games have, or is it that flimsier looks like they did it themselves shrink wrap. Hastings like to reshrink wrap their used games a lot. I've received many games in the past that have been reshrink wrapped, but they are very well just used and not new.[/QUOTE]
Yea, it's y-fold sealed and looks exactly like the one I got from Fry's a couple of months ago.

[quote name='newlu']Yea, it's y-fold sealed and looks exactly like the one I got from Fry's a couple of months ago.[/QUOTE]

That's good then for you, but that means that there's a chance that Hasting is sending the people who bought the game new, the used ones instead. Hastings had this screw up happen awhile back, but it hasn't surfaced yet til now, so this may suck for them. :D

Ordered 4 used games and a Blu-Ray back on Black Friday and all of them came complete and in good shape.

Just ordered 8 more used Blu-Ray movies with the HOLIDAY code. Hopefully get similar results. Great prices with the sale.

I knew I should have ordered Super Mario Galaxy yesterday. Now they are out of stock of the used version. Oh well, I'll just wait until next Christmas and try again to pick it up for $25.

I ordered 6 DS games and will update once they arrive.

I have 2 Hastings that are within a couple miles of my home. If I try to order a game like AC2, it will come out to about $40 because I have to pay 8.125% sales tax in Texas. I thought maybe I could just pick up in store and skip the shipping. Nope, store manager said they do not honor online promotions, so its $48 + tax in store. If I buy online I have to $3 for shipping + tax for them to ship something a mile away....Its like I am being punished for living right next to a Hastings

I actually do have a question. A boxed set should come with everything right? Like Hitman Collection or Metal Gear Solid Essentials. I am really tempted to buy one, but I am kind of afraid of getting two out of the three games or something.

[quote name='Kaltic']I actually do have a question. A boxed set should come with everything right? Like Hitman Collection or Metal Gear Solid Essentials. I am really tempted to buy one, but I am kind of afraid of getting two out of the three games or something.[/QUOTE]

I would not count your luck when it comes to collector edition stuff. The majority of the time in the past when people have order any collectors or any type of box set that should include all the extra, they actually end up getting the regular edition. So I don't be too disappointed if it comes as the normal edition by "accident".

[quote name='Squarehard']I would not count your luck when it comes to collector edition stuff. The majority of the time in the past when people have order any collectors or any type of box set that should include all the extra, they actually end up getting the regular edition. So I don't be too disappointed if it comes as the normal edition by "accident".[/QUOTE]

Not talking about collectors editions. I mean the packs of 3 games in one box (Fighter Collection, Medal of Honor Collection).

They are okay but I had one Blu Ray movie did not work when loading. I will call tomorrow and they will probably refund me. They are not too hard to deal with usually.

so i managed to grab a copy of demon's souls the other day before it ran out of stock, i checked my order status and it says "In Progress via Standard Shipping" and "In Progress" but right in the item description it says out of stock. so does this mean its already shipped? i havent received any emails about shipping or anything

They will email you telling you that it was removed from your shipment because of stock issues (happened to me with Kotor).

[quote name='baoweezie']thats super lame, crossing my fingers hoping they dont send me that email and send me a shipping confirmation instead lol[/QUOTE]

check on the order status page, is there a tracking button. The popup wouldn't work for me but at the end of the link was the USPS tracking number. That showed up a 2 days before the confirm email.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']check on the order status page, is there a tracking button. The popup wouldn't work for me but at the end of the link was the USPS tracking number. That showed up a 2 days before the confirm email.[/QUOTE]

no theres no order tracking, i just put in the order yesterday but it was still in stock when i put it in so i dont think it would be sent out yet, if the order was canceled wouldnt it say "canceled" where the status is instead of in "progress via standard shipping"?

BTW oldboy was a really good movie!

Baoweezie, you are correct. I actually order Demon Souls too. I was then told by another CAG that through a special code you put in the cart it showed that there were two and this was after I ordered. Possibly you could have been the last one to get one of the two copies. I have not received an email about the shipment either. I guess we have to wait until the weekend or possibly on Monday for a confirmation. I hope that helps.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']check on the order status page, is there a tracking button. The popup wouldn't work for me but at the end of the link was the USPS tracking number. That showed up a 2 days before the confirm email.[/QUOTE]

Hastings shipping status page is very inconsistent. I would not try and depend on that page for anything to track your orders.

[quote name='Squarehard']Hastings shipping status page is very inconsistent. I would not try and depend on that page for anything to track your orders.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I just wanted that USPS tracking number which can be entered into usps.com to track and you can add an email to get tracking updates too if you want.

bread's done
Back