Hastings 30% off Used sale Again!

alissima

CAGiversary!
Sorry if this topic was already started, i couldn't find it anywhere. Hastings just e-mailed me their current promotions.

http://www.gohastings.com/

30% off used games, dvds
20% blu-rays
10% off new games and movies...
and this is a new one, that i LOVE
20% action figures!! and music :)

Promo Code : HOLIDAY

**edited to reflect extended time of sale** valid from 12/6/2009 to 12/19/2009 Central Standard Time

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Exactly, I just wanted that USPS tracking number which can be entered into usps.com to track and you can add an email to get tracking updates too if you want.[/QUOTE]

I think for Hasting it is just way too much work for them to do to "correctly" give you tracking info for all their packages since they ship each game in their own individual envelope. And its also dependant if the employee does it correctly and makes sure there is even a dc. All my envelopes always arrived with different styles of labels and all different sizes. Fun! :bouncy:

i'm surprised at how complete and good the condition of my games arrive in unlike gamestop.

for that, i give gohastings a nod over gamestop.

i'm gonna return all my scratched up discs i got from gamestop and reorder them at gohastings.

I guess I'm the only one who's had a bad experience with Hastings. I ordered Lips #1 Hits on 12/3, I got the package on 12/8 and was surprised with the quick shipping, only to find out it was the Original Lips and not the new one. So I call and they said I have to reorder Lips #1 Hits because they don't send replacements but theyll email a return shipping label. So I do that since 35 is the cheapest Ive seen it anywhere. Go to the website, put the order through because it says in Stock. They say it takes 48 hours to process and ship. Well I look today because I never got any confirmation about it being shipped, and it turns out it was Out of Stock. I just called to cancel the order and will never deal with them ever again.

[quote name='pjg1286']I guess I'm the only one who's had a bad experience with Hastings. I ordered Lips #1 Hits on 12/3, I got the package on 12/8 and was surprised with the quick shipping, only to find out it was the Original Lips and not the new one. So I call and they said I have to reorder Lips #1 Hits because they don't send replacements but theyll email a return shipping label. So I do that since 35 is the cheapest Ive seen it anywhere. Go to the website, put the order through because it says in Stock. They say it takes 48 hours to process and ship. Well I look today because I never got any confirmation about it being shipped, and it turns out it was Out of Stock. I just called to cancel the order and will never deal with them ever again.[/QUOTE]

You're not. The experiences are more or less half and half unfortunately. It really is hit or miss with Hastings online. The way that their website is set up and the way they do shipping from stores, it causes a lot of confusion and also canceled orders in the end. And if you plan to order previous gen games, generally the experiences for those were more like 75/25, in favor of getting a scratched up incomplete game. Almost all my games were perfect, so I can't complain for myself, but these are just the experiences from past Hastings sales.

Yeah, I have to return a Blu Ray movie (Pineapple Express - Unrated) because the disc will try to load and it will basically keep looping never starting. This has been my first problem with them. I actually decided to get it from half for about a few dollars more since I am not sure about that movie on the website. I still order from there and most games are pretty good condition. I have to agree with some CAGs, they are quick with some shipments and their mistakes are really scattered but they have the best prices for various game and movie media so I cannot complain too much besides sending back a movie and getting refunded.

How long does it take Hastings to charge you guys? My previous two orders were charged within a week, but with this latest order (I have already recieved some of the games) have yet to be charged and it has been a little bit past a week. Plus it isn't in my pending checking account or anything.

[quote name='Kaltic']How long does it take Hastings to charge you guys? My previous two orders were charged within a week, but with this latest order (I have already recieved some of the games) have yet to be charged and it has been a little bit past a week. Plus it isn't in my pending checking account or anything.[/QUOTE]

same here. i think they will attempt to charge again or not. ;)

It usually takes them no more than 48 hours to charge me.

I'm debating whether or not I should pick up UC2 at $37 and change after shipping.. I haven't even started the first one yet. What to do..

I made my first-ever order from Hastings and it went pretty well. Ordered at around 12PM EST and it received shipping confirmation around 10AM EST today, but no tracking number. My card was charged the day I ordered, though.

Planning to jump on infamous as a second order but some of these complaints against them are giving me second thoughts.

I have had nothing but great service, in fact one bluray was a 2 disc set, but arrived with the special features disc missing, i emailed and they let me keep the movie after crediting my card. The games have shipped in good condition and quickly.

Darn, two of my games are out of stock and order status is in progress. Looks like they may get canceled since it has been about a week.

Just got Dead Space 360 from Hastings. It was complete. The disc was scratchless as well as clean. The manual looked unused. The case had some minor wear, though. A great experience.

[quote name='cupcakex1']It usually takes them no more than 48 hours to charge me.

I'm debating whether or not I should pick up UC2 at $37 and change after shipping.. I haven't even started the first one yet. What to do..[/QUOTE]

I rushed through Uncharted in anticipation for UC2. It's well worth the 37 dollars. Go for it. You'll just want more after you finish the first.

So the item description says out of stock, but when I ordered it the game was in stock so does that mean the item description it's showing now is just the overall description of the item at this time for everyone else or does it mean it's completely out of stock even for me?

[quote name='baoweezie']So the item description says out of stock, but when I ordered it the game was in stock so does that mean the item description it's showing now is just the overall description of the item at this time for everyone else or does it mean it's completely out of stock even for me?[/QUOTE]

You may have gotten the last one or it may have sold out before you, hard to tell really. If it sold out before you, you will be refunded the amount of the game.

The order details are so confusing, I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see, hopefully I got demon's souls because I saw it on eBay for about the same price but didn't go for it cause I was charged for this one

[quote name='newlu']They just sent me a copy of brand new and factory sealed Dragon Quest V even though I ordered used.
I'm not complaining though.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. My FFCC: Echoes of Time arrived today too. And wouldn't you know it that its the Factory Seal. I think they got the stock mixed up on a few games and shipping out new games as used. I'm not complaining since, well, Brand New Factory Sealed Copy of FFCC: Echoes of Time. :D

Alright, I couldn't resist any longer. I finally bit on inFamous and Sacred 2 for PS3 for $22.74 each. Hell of a deal if they both come like others have said their current gen games have(complete/mint).

Total was $49.47 for two games that currently run $33-35 used everywhere else.

Was going to grab COD:MW2 off BB, but decided to save several bucks and bit on a copy of COD:MW2 plus a couple blu-ray's. Shipping isn't bad if you buy a few+ items.

Was tempted to grab a few more blu's and maybe AC2 or Sacred 2 but been spending too much $$$ lately, lol, so I was able to hold off...wallet says yay! Hopefully gohastings doesn't take eons to ship them though.

[quote name='Kaltic']You may have gotten the last one or it may have sold out before you, hard to tell really. If it sold out before you, you will be refunded the amount of the game.[/QUOTE]

checked my email. got a shipping confirmation, i guess even if it does say out of stock you still have a chance of getting it if you placed the order in time

I just got my Borderlands for the 360. Again, the disk is flawless, but the manual shows a little wear. No problem though. The game also came sealed in plastic inside the typical Media Mail cover.

The two games that have shipped so far have arrived. .hack infection was perfect and came with the bonus DVD. Fable came as the Lost Chapters version, which is like getting a free upgrade or DLC and it was perfect.

Thank you hastings!!!! Ordered Yakuza 2 used and I got a sealed one :D

Still waiting on Yakuza. This makes up for the cyber monday sale that canceled both of them.

On the average about how long does it take to get a game once an order is placed? I have never ordered anything from here before and hope to get it before xmas, thanks.

Got forza 3 today, perfect, might as well have been sealed. even had the download code thats supposed to thwart used sales, haha.

Looking in the new Hastings flyer from the paper today, it has B2G3rd for a buck on all used games.And $10 bones off of Skullcandy's 360 headsets.(both the combat G1's or the Lowrider SGS's)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Alright, I couldn't resist any longer. I finally bit on inFamous and Sacred 2 for PS3 for $22.74 each. Hell of a deal if they both come like others have said their current gen games have(complete/mint).

Total was $49.47 for two games that currently run $33-35 used everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* Yeah.. I couldn't hold out for Infamous at that price either. I was tempted to get Disgaea 3 along with it, for about the same price. But I think I can hold out a bit longer for that. Seeing as I just picked up a few games at the b2g1 at GS. My backlog is forever growing.

[quote name='Brother Daz']On the average about how long does it take to get a game once an order is placed? I have never ordered anything from here before and hope to get it before xmas, thanks.[/QUOTE]

It varies depending on which store it ships from, but its always shipped first class mail, so its relatively fast.

can get 10 games for 47.06 + tax so say 50.00 for 10 games or 5.00 per game

Bubble Bobble: Evolution
Bust-A-Move Deluxe
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Dead Head Fred
Platypus
Go! Sudoku
Online Chess Kingdoms
Power Stone Collection
Brooktown High
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

all for the psp ..... just cant pull the trigger

[quote name='Brother Daz']On the average about how long does it take to get a game once an order is placed? I have never ordered anything from here before and hope to get it before xmas, thanks.[/QUOTE]

I usually get mine 2-3 days after ordering. The longest I've waited is a week. You're fine for Christmas.

[quote name='jello44']*sigh* Yeah.. I couldn't hold out for Infamous at that price either. I was tempted to get Disgaea 3 along with it, for about the same price. But I think I can hold out a bit longer for that. Seeing as I just picked up a few games at the b2g1 at GS. My backlog is forever growing.[/QUOTE]

I think someone mentioned getting Disgaea 3 from Blockbuster for $9.99 in the Blockbuster thread, so you may want to check there for it.

As for me, I just picked up Rise Of The Argonauts, Dead Space and Battlefield: Bad Company last night for the PS3 from the GS B2G1 after trading in 4 games(Assassin's Creed, MGS4, FEAR 2, Fallout 3) that I paid less than $15 total for.:D

Then I snagged Afro Samurai and Fracture for $20 total at TRU due to their "buy one, get one 50% off' sale.

Plus, I still have inFamous and Sacred 2 coming in from Hastings AND my one buddy has my copy of Resistance 2. Couple that with other games in my backlog that I haven't finished yet either and I have enough games to tide me over till after God Of War 3 comes out.:D

Oh gee- seems like the promotion has been extended till the 19th. Hopefully they will have Uncharted 2 back in stock soon :bouncy:

Assassin's Creed II rang up for $45.00 using the HOLIDAY coupon. It was already $10 off and the coupon took an extra $5.00 off. I was mainly going there checking on used DVD and game prices, but the AC2 was new. Couldn't resist that price.

Looks like the sale is extended a little longer 12/19 just got email today.

Also, I received one of my games in perfect condition it was PS3 Midnight Club LA Complete Edition, it ended up only $17 but it was the GH edition that included about $25+ in DLC. Im glad I waited and got this one.

Well I'm glad they extended it, and got Kotor back in stock. Now I just have to see if they will actually have the game this time or just cancel it off my order... Of course they have yet to charge me for my last order and It has been well over a week.

Gah!!!! I didn't even notice they had Psychonauts in stock.......

EDIT: Well i ordered Psychonauts. It was apparently the last in stock.

You know... I think I may have gotten some games free. They have yet to charge me for one of my orders (and it isn't pending in my account details). Plus in the email they sent me telling me my order was complete and everything shipped, it says they have charged my preferred method of payment.

So do they think they charged, but haven't? I hope they don't (since I am flooding them with cash on these damn deals).

[quote name='willk2244']They will charge you, don't worry. It just takes them a bit to do it sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Oh i know, but it would still be nice if they didn't.

I have a hold for the amount of my second order, but my first charge hasn't gone through. I think it will just take them sometime. They were probably flooded with a ton of orders.

[quote name='Kaltic']Well I'm glad they extended it, and got Kotor back in stock. Now I just have to see if they will actually have the game this time or just cancel it off my order... Of course they have yet to charge me for my last order and It has been well over a week.

Gah!!!! I didn't even notice they had Psychonauts in stock.......

EDIT: Well i ordered Psychonauts. It was apparently the last in stock.[/QUOTE]

Did you get Psychonauts for PS2 or Xbox? I have a copy sealed for the Xbox that I should play through, since I never finished it when I had an open copy.

Cool part is it was $3 from Kmart.

I ordered 7 games from Hastings.

4 looked brand new

Crackdown came with a cracked case
GRAW 2 has no plastic sleeve on the case
GUN had NO GAME INSIDE

Luckily, it sounds like they are pretty decent with stuff like this, will update once they get back to me.

OK....someone tell me if this is normal, since I've never ordered from GoHastings.com till now.

They sent me THREE e-mails, all telling me that the items I ordered had shipped. However, the first two were individual e-mails stating each item(2 total) that I ordered and the original price prior to the 30% off code being applied.

The third e-mail said both items shipped and the prices AFTER discount code plus the total after discount code.

Hopefully, they've only charged me the discounted total. But is this normal during a sale on their site to send multiple emails showing the old price and the discounted price?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK....someone tell me if this is normal, since I've never ordered from GoHastings.com till now.

They sent me THREE e-mails, all telling me that the items I ordered had shipped. However, the first two were individual e-mails stating each item(2 total) that I ordered and the original price prior to the 30% off code being applied.

The third e-mail said both items shipped and the prices AFTER discount code plus the total after discount code.

Hopefully, they've only charged me the discounted total. But is this normal during a sale on their site to send multiple emails showing the old price and the discounted price?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that it is normal. I was also sent separate emails when each of my games were shipped and the price on the email was the original price. I checked my account online and they only charged me the discounted amount. No need to worry. They should have sent you an confirmation/invoice email with the total amount before those emails.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ironic?[/QUOTE]

LOL.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Did you get Psychonauts for PS2 or Xbox? I have a copy sealed for the Xbox that I should play through, since I never finished it when I had an open copy.

Cool part is it was $3 from Kmart.[/QUOTE]

It was for Xbox.

bread's done
Back