Hastings Accepting Used Game Guides

iluvmywife

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I looked to see if this was posted and could not find anything so please forgive me if I missed it.

I have tomorrow's ad, always comes in my Sat paper, and it clearly states that Hastings will buy back used game guides. My wife called this morning and was told that they do not buy game guides but when she told them that it was in their ad, they said that they would in fact buy back used game guides.

So she made a haul this morning and sold back the following game guides:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Hellgate London
Pirates of the Burning Sea
Sim City Societies
Enemy Territory Quake Wars (older PC version)
God of War Chains of Olympus
Frontlines Fuel of War
Bully Scholarship Edition
End War
Rock Band

Subtotal 23.10

Bonus $8.30

GiftCard $31.40

She could have gotten $23.10 cash but instead took store credit which gave us the bonus of $8.30 thus making our total $31.40. My wife asked if there was a limit to how many she could take in at a time and was told that there was not a limit. With that in mind we are taking in a huge load of game guides tonight.

Not too bad for guides that I have tried in vain to trade here and were taking up space.

Second Haul tonight:

Dark Sector
Super Smash Bros
Wario Land Shake It
Fire Emblem
Age of Conan
Madden 08
Iron Man
Incredible Hulk
NFL Head Coach
Bourne Conspiracy
Quantum of Solace
Afro Samurai
GTA 4 Lost
Enemy Territory Quake Wars (PS3/360 version)
Spider Man Web of Shadows
Army of Two
Far Cry 2
Fracture
Soul Calibur IV

Subtotal $46.11

Bonus $16.70

Giftcard $62.81

Mind you, I can't complain, since our local shop was giving me $1 a guide at one point(dropped it to .25 a pop now)for something I paid a cent each for.

I probably offloaded about 700+ guides on them since they opened up their closest shop to me and most of them are still sitting in the back room in piles but now they're buried under other shit people have traded in.

I really wish we'd get a Half Price Books around here or some other place I could get a more tolerable amount for these things, but still 24x what I paid is worth it for me usually.

I fucking LOVE Hasting's! I have noticed that for the last few weeks they have had TIV's for a few game guides posted on their weekly instore 'featured' TIV sheet. Time to turn $2.00 into $200.00! Greatest flip EVER!

So no Hastings anywhere in CA. Pay back for all those FRYs deals that the east coasters cant get in on.

Are they taking in the older consoles game guides, or only for this gen?

I finally was able to let go of many guides that I intended on using with the game. Problem is that I have a 50 hour a week job and a wife and daughter. I just don't have the time and figure this was the time to really thin out my guide and game collection.

My wife offered to do another haul tonight so how could I refuse?

Cheat Code Overload
Spore
DMC 4
Brothers in Arms HH
Dead Space
Crysis
Blue Dragon
Condemned 2
Madworld
Alone in the dark
Medal of Honor Airborne
Too Human
Crash
Burnout 5
Silent Hill Homecoming
Infinite Undiscovery
Turok
Bioshock
Midnight Club LA
Warhawk
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
PGR 4
Final Fantasy
EA Celebrating 25 years

Subtotal $62.75

Bonus $22.50

Giftcard $85.25

Sorry I don't have a breakdown of prices per guide. If anyone wants to add prices of each guide then I can update the first or second post. I didn't feel right asking my wife to try to get prices when she volunteer to do all the work.

You know what is the best part of Hastings credit. They have a great selection of gift cards which you can buy with their credit. Ones I have picked up in the past:
Sonic $10
BK $10
PSN, XBL Time

I have 4 Hastings locations in my area so i went to the first one on my list and the girl said sorry we don't take game guides, so i tell her about the ad and she apologizes and rings them up and i'm out with $100 bones. So i goto the next one on my list and the girl tells me the same thing so i mention the ad and she still says no. So she calls some corporate # and they say only on select guides and i'd have to check the website for which ones. I told her this is BS and left while speaking loudly that their ad says trade in used guides and they won't.

I then proceed to goto the next 2 stores and neither has a problem and i leave with approx $100 from each store (yes i've been collecting game guides for 5 years now so i had alot of overstock). I've really been wanting a PS3 lately mostly for the bluray and for a game or two that's exclusive so i try to bring another stack to one of the stores i already had luck with but they say only one buy back per day.

So i call the store i had problems with and act like a different customer and ask about the ad and she says there was a glitch but it's been fixed so i go back there. She's not happy to see me but rings them up and i've got another $60 bones. So i smile and go grab a PS3 and bring it to the counter and i start handing her my 4 gift cards and she asks where i got all of them from so i tell her. The look on her face as i walked out the door was....

Buying 200 guides from Bestbuy = $2.00
Trading 200 guides to Hastings = $350
Walking out with a PS3 for $2.00 and seeing the bitch manager's look on her face = PRICELESS

Too bad we don't have a Hasting's around here or I'd easily drop the rest of the guides I have for $100+. Then again, most of the ones I have now are RPG or hardcover, since I dumped about 100+ on the local game store.

This deal will be done in a couple days, I'm sure. Hastings has never been "on the ball" with their game trade-in procedures, but there's no way they'll go very long without noticing the massive amounts of giftcards going out.

[quote name='ballbarfer']

Buying 200 guides from Bestbuy = $2.00
Trading 200 guides to Hastings = $350
Walking out with a PS3 for $2.00 and seeing the bitch manager's look on her face = PRICELESS[/QUOTE]

Too bad my one and only local store was out of PS3s. I have just enough credit to get another one to put in the living room. My Hastings have some ordered and took my name and will call when they come in.

Quick question, did you get the $100 Bonus offer which consist of money saving coupons for games, accessories and rentals? If so could you please post what it has in it?

[quote name='darkwingduck13']This deal will be done in a couple days, I'm sure. Hastings has never been "on the ball" with their game trade-in procedures, but there's no way they'll go very long without noticing the massive amounts of giftcards going out.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I posted here and not at FW or SD.

This thread is making me nostalgic for the days when I actually had time to do a lot of flipping of guides. I'd buy them for a penny at BB or TRU and flip them at Game X Change for $2 apiece in credit. Game X Change funded most of my PS2 collection (including the system), my Genesis collection, my Gamecube collection...those were good days.

And iluvmywife, do you really think this deal won't be copied over to those sites by tomorrow morning at the latest?

I had a bunch of guides, but they only took two. At first they said no, so I pulled the ad out of a paper on the register. They accepted them, but not all of them. I had a ton from ps2 and xbox days that they didn't take.

So is there a maximum limit as to how many you can trade in or how much credit you can get at once? Probably gonna check by my Hastings and get rid of a good amount of em'. Hopefully without a hitch.

Our local GS and BB never have the 1 cent guides, so if anyone has any RPG game guides for PS2 or XBOX 360, and wants to sell to a fellow CAG, let me know!

[quote name='nightowl2006']Our local GS and BB never have the 1 cent guides, so if anyone has any RPG game guides for PS2 or XBOX 360, and wants to sell to a fellow CAG, let me know![/QUOTE]

Check the game guide trade thread(under the trading forum) and good luck with getting RPG guides from your fellow CAG's.

If they have any of them, they're holding onto them and will want a premium for them(like I usually do). :D

bread's done
Back