Hastings B&M 40% off used Blu-rays

macschwag14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
Hastings B&M is having another 40% off sale on all used and rental blu rays Friday and Saturday, March 12 & 13.

Most of the blu rays will be $7.80 - $11.99.

On top of this, they'll also have B2G1 for $1 on any combination of used games/DVDs/Books.

I guess this is finally an excuse to go visit my local Hastings. I've been avoiding it since it's near 20 minutes away, plus the change in the shipping prices is a huge turnoff.

[quote name='fizzywix']I'm bummed they stop having these online! Getting 10 blus for $5-10 a piece was awesome[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for those who don't know, GoHastings changed their shipping charges from $2.99 + $1 per additional to a flat $2.28 per item. It's not really surprising considering that every item I've ever received from them was shipped separately anyway, so they were obviously losing money on those +$1 items. This new policy really hurts the deals though. The only way I'll be accepting of it is if they bring back some of those online sales for blu-rays. Their prices aren't bad, but without a sale, they're no longer the best game in town.

Yes! Funny that I JUST said this! The deal is Buy 2 Get 1 For $1 on used DVDs, CDs, Blu-Rays, Books, and Games. This will definitely offset the hike in shipping. And honestly, it makes more business sense for them this way.

I always like the idea of this sale, but last time I went to my local Hastings and it was cleaned out. Just speculation, but I think they package online orders from local stores. Good for the online crowd, but robs the locals who would much rather get something point of sale.

Despite that, I'm looking later tonight!

I went to my local Hastings and it was a complete waste of time. I think they had a total of three used titles on the shelf and they were all complete crap. They had a bunch of rental copies, but the guy at the register was a dick about it even though they were in a case marked used. The overall organization of the store is garbage and I can totally understand why people get new sealed copies all the time.

[quote name='Scorch']Clearance rentals do apply for the 40% off.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I picked up a shit ton of rentals this time and last. I seem to be the only person in town who buys blu rays? I guess it means I'm able to get a great selection.

[quote name='commandercody83']I always like the idea of this sale, but last time I went to my local Hastings and it was cleaned out. Just speculation, but I think they package online orders from local stores. Good for the online crowd, but robs the locals who would much rather get something point of sale.

Despite that, I'm looking later tonight![/QUOTE]

This is exactly what they do, and I love them for it. I don't have a Hastings within 200 miles. So if they didn't do this, people like me would never get a good deal.

bread's done
Back