Hastings B&M-Double Credit on Console Trade Ins

enorris311

CAGiversary!
Feedback
132 (99%)
If you have some Gamestop credit to burn, you could get two 500GB Super Slims for $300 and trade them to Hastings for $440 and have your PS4 paid for.

Weeklyad_10132013_pg2.jpg

Thanks for the coupon. I'll be heading to the Hastings in Murfreesboro tomorrow to trade in a few games. I might try to do two sets of 3, but I'm not sure if they will let me.

Do the games have to be worth a certain amount to be counted towards the 3/10 promo? Ive never traded to Hastings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the games have to be worth a certain amount to be counted towards the 3/10 promo? Ive never traded to Hastings.
I know that last time they ran a deal like this there wasn't a minimum required (they don't accept sports games past last year though).

I will find out tomorrow, as I'm going to attempt to trade in a copy or ATK or two.

I know that last time they ran a deal like this there wasn't a minimum required (they don't accept sports games past last year though).

I will find out tomorrow, as I'm going to attempt to trade in a copy or ATK or two.
Sounds good I would appreciate if you report back as I have a load of cheap games that aren't sports. Would love to get $10 for 3 of them. One last question. Do they have to be complete with case and manual to trade to hastings? I have all games with cases but sometimes like to keep extra cases for the future.

Sounds good I would appreciate if you report back as I have a load of cheap games that aren't sports. Would love to get $10 for 3 of them. One last question. Do they have to be complete with case and manual to trade to hastings? I have all games with cases but sometimes like to keep extra cases for the future.
I don't think Hastings has an official policy on this, but in my local store each employee kind of seems to make up their own rules. You could always take them in game only and if denied just come back a little later with cases. I would maybe even run out to the car and get them (ain't no shame in my game).

I don't think Hastings has an official policy on this, but in my local store each employee kind of seems to make up their own rules. You could always take them in game only and if denied just come back a little later with cases. I would maybe even run out to the car and get them (ain't no shame in my game).
I appreciate the help. I will check it out tomorrow to see what happens as well as check in to see how your trades went.

Traded:

Battlefield 4 -- $50 (Thanks Walmart)
Dance Central 2 -- $1.50
ATK -- $0.25

Qualified for the $10 bonus no problem

Walked out with a GC for $61.75.

I'm going to go back with another set this evening. Coupon says one per guest, so YMMV on if they'll let you do more than one set at a time. I didn't chance it though.

Not sure how many care, but it looks like they extended the Double Your Credit on console trade-ins. They also appear to be running the 30% off used games, etc. for the Man of Steel release tomorrow 9 PM-12 . Does anyone know if that 50% off (extra) coupon which circulated for CoD: Ghosts was on their website or sent via email?

Last time it was a top page banner link that you could print off from their website. Cheers!
Awesome, thanks! Do you remember if it was the coupon was available day of release (for Ghosts) or anytime before?

I checked GoHastings, and didn't see it (if they are even going to have a 50% off one), but would enjoy some more $19 dollar games, haha.

Hastings normally lets you do one set of trade ins each day.

Thanks for the coupon link. Never knew they posted them on the websites, as I've only ever received them via email.

Can you trade-in multiple copies of the same game? Also they currently have a "trade 3, get $10 bonus" going on, would that work on the $50 trade value games (namely battlefield 4). Sorry for the off topic question. Any help would be greatly appreciated though.

Can you trade-in multiple copies of the same game? Also they currently have a "trade 3, get $10 bonus" going on, would that work on the $50 trade value games (namely battlefield 4). Sorry for the off topic question. Any help would be greatly appreciated though.
Multiple copies probably depends on the associate conducting your trade-in. I was able to apply the $10 bonus when trading in AC IV, BF 4, and CoD: Ghosts yesterday for $160 total.

Multiple copies probably depends on the associate conducting your trade-in. I was able to apply the $10 bonus when trading in AC IV, BF 4, and CoD: Ghosts yesterday for $160 total.
Thanks for the input. Was gonna call later on but wanted to get a CAG's experience first.

Awesome, thanks! Do you remember if it was the coupon was available day of release (for Ghosts) or anytime before?

I checked GoHastings, and didn't see it (if they are even going to have a 50% off one), but would enjoy some more $19 dollar games, haha.
Hey man, I was just asking the same question in another Hastings thread. I guess no one ever came up with it for tonight, huh? I just traded in BF4, AC4 and Arkham Origins for $140 (forgot my damn trade 3 coupon, but I've got enough crap games to dump with those that I wasn't too upset about it). I was ready to do some damage tonight, but 30% off of those new releases just can't hold a candle to 65% off! :p

I still think it's weird that they would have a big advertised midnight sale tonight for the release of a Blu-ray movie, but not on Friday for the PS4.

Hey man, I was just asking the same question in another Hastings thread. I guess no one ever came up with it for tonight, huh? I just traded in BF4, AC4 and Arkham Origins for $140 (forgot my damn trade 3 coupon, but I've got enough crap games to dump with those that I wasn't too upset about it). I was ready to do some damage tonight, but 30% off of those new releases just can't hold a candle to 65% off! :p

I still think it's weird that they would have a big advertised midnight sale tonight for the release of a Blu-ray movie, but not on Friday for the PS4.
I searched and searched and never saw the extra 50% off coupon via their site or my e-mail for the Man of Steel promo. Agreed, 30% off just doesn't cut it with all the good deals as of late!

I'm thinking about a similar trade-in - seems like the perfect time to build up some credit for next gen.

How many times can you use the $10 (trade 3) bonus coupon?
I did it twice on Saturday. It's not really worth making a ton of trips for me (they'd only let me use one coupon per visit). I remember when they ran deals like this back when I was in college I used the coupons probably 20 or 30 times of course the deal was trade 3 for a $25 bonus so it was better.

Has anyone traded in a 250gb Slim Xbox 360 lately? I think I'm going to take mine down there tomorrow. When they first ran the ad they were giving over $200, and I would unload it for that.

I did it twice on Saturday. It's not really worth making a ton of trips for me (they'd only let me use one coupon per visit). I remember when they ran deals like this back when I was in college I used the coupons probably 20 or 30 times of course the deal was trade 3 for a $25 bonus so it was better.
Thanks, gonna get rid of some other games namely CoD Ghosts (I realized I can't play another CoD after playing it for an hour - lackluster graphics to boot, horrible hit detection, etc.).

Quick question though, anybody have any experience trading in retail exlusive versions of a game to Hastings? I have a "Target Edition" copy of Assassin's Creed Black IV (includes some sort of Target exclusive DLC I guess) that I want to trade in along with Ghosts and probably BF4.

Has anyone traded in a 250gb Slim Xbox 360 lately? I think I'm going to take mine down there tomorrow. When they first ran the ad they were giving over $200, and I would unload it for that.
Let me know if you find out anything. I'd ship mine off for that price too.

Traded in my 320gb PS3 today for $190. I didn't really want to, but I know I'll never get that much anywhere again. They didn't check to make sure it worked and just asked me how big the hard drive was. Not that I condone it, but they make it easy to be conned. You could trade in a dead 120gb and pass it off as a working 320gb.

Traded in my 320gb PS3 today for $190. I didn't really want to, but I know I'll never get that much anywhere again. They didn't check to make sure it worked and just asked me how big the hard drive was. Not that I condone it, but they make it easy to be conned. You could trade in a dead 120gb and pass it off as a working 320gb.
They took my word for how big my HDD was too. I still had the box to verify it, but it's still risky for them.

They took my word for how big my HDD was too. I still had the box to verify it, but it's still risky for them.
Did you trade in a 360? Curious what the current TIV is. I think I'm going to make a trip out there today.

I just dread going in there though, because every time I walk in right after someone with like 300 books. They take forever, and I'm pretty sure that they read the books, watch the movies, and listen to the CDs as they are trading them in. No way it takes that long otherwise.

Did you trade in a 360? Curious what the current TIV is. I think I'm going to make a trip out there today.

I just dread going in there though, because every time I walk in right after someone with like 300 books. They take forever, and I'm pretty sure that they read the books, watch the movies, and listen to the CDs as they are trading them in. No way it takes that long otherwise.
I went in with a Super Slim 500GB PS3. I have a Slim X360 250GB that I'm tempted to trade off, but I too am trying to find out the TIV.

I was a little bummed to find out the TIV for my 160gb PS3 was $20 less than 3 weeks ago, but even at $160 I couldn't pass trading it in, especially considering it only cost $200. 

They wouldn't take my 4gb white skylanders 360 bought from Walmart unfortunately, and it's TIV was actually the same from before at $140.  They did, however, have the 4gb white kinect bundle in their system, and I do have a white kinect from my Star Wars bundle, but it was worth just $140 too, SOB!  Decisions, decisions...

I tried to go trade my 360 today. I got there at about 730, and they told me there was no way they would have time to look at it today (they don't close until 11). It helped me remember why I never bother trying to trade stuff in at Hastings. I don't get why it takes them so long to check in trade ins.

I tried to go trade my 360 today. I got there at about 730, and they told me there was no way they would have time to look at it today (they don't close until 11). It helped me remember why I never bother trying to trade stuff in at Hastings. I don't get why it takes them so long to check in trade ins.
Well I went about the same time and the girl was able to test the system between helping customers and it was no longer than 30 minutes. I don't think she really enjoyed playing though so she was perhaps eager to just get it over with sooner than normal maybe?

Try again today if possible. If they give you the run around, contact corporate. Hell, I would probably do that anyway. It's part of their job....

Well I went about the same time and the girl was able to test the system between helping customers and it was no longer than 30 minutes. I don't think she really enjoyed playing though so she was perhaps eager to just get it over with sooner than normal maybe?
Took me around 30 minutes or less for my trade in too. Guess it depends on the location. My town's store seems to have their stuff together.

Finally got my 360 traded in today. It was the best Hastings experience that I've ever had. Helpful and efficient employees throughout the store.

I got $180 for my 250gb XBox 360. I was psyched about the offer. Used my Hastings credit to buy a Vita. I wasn't pumped about paying retail for that, but Hastings prices are usually inflated and there's not much else there that I would use the credit for.

Finally got my 360 traded in today. It was the best Hastings experience that I've ever had. Helpful and efficient employees throughout the store.

I got $180 for my 250gb XBox 360. I was psyched about the offer. Used my Hastings credit to buy a Vita. I wasn't pumped about paying retail for that, but Hastings prices are usually inflated and there's not much else there that I would use the credit for.
I don't know if your store has a used vita, but they are doing 30% off all used consoles on Black Friday.

Glad to hear that. Plan on trading in the morning: Battlefield 4, CoD: Ghosts, and AC: BF (Target Edition; which I hope works) for $150 credit + $10 coupon bonus for trading in 3 games. I am disappointed their BF Ad is a little lame game wise so I'll probably just work on building up some credit for next gen I guess.

Glad to hear that. Plan on trading in the morning: Battlefield 4, CoD: Ghosts, and AC: BF (Target Edition; which I hope works) for $150 credit + $10 coupon bonus for trading in 3 games. I am disappointed their BF Ad is a little lame game wise so I'll probably just work on building up some credit for next gen I guess.
I had no problem trading in an Assassin's Creed BF Target edition so don't let them deny you on that one.

I don't know if your store has a used vita, but they are doing 30% off all used consoles on Black Friday.
I actually just saw that. They had one used one, but I'm pretty picky and I've never seen a used Vita that meets my standards. I will probably use the rest of my credit and set out looking for a used Wii U on Black Friday though. $250 - 30%, so only $175 isn't bad at all.

I also saw a sign that it looked like they are still giving $240 in Credit for a used 32gb Wii U if anyone is thinking of getting rid of one.

It was priced at $180 when I looked at it, so with 30% off it would be $126 or so. Not too bad at all. I might keep mine sealed and go see if I can find one with minimal scratches after doing the math.

It was priced at $180 when I looked at it, so with 30% off it would be $126 or so. Not too bad at all. I might keep mine sealed and go see if I can find one with minimal scratches after doing the math.
Wow that is a great price especially since you can see the condition beforehand. I want another vita to replace mine. Kind of sad that Im leaving to visit my family for thanksgiving though and Hastings is only in north Texas. Thanks jfh2c for helping me out on so many questions the last couple weeks.

Now I wonder what I would get for a ps4????
Pretty much all of the ads that I have seen said that it is 100% bonus for Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U. I also saw one email where they included the 3DS and Vita, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything that included all systems. It would be interesting to see what the TIV for a PS4 is, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's pretty close to the retail price (I doubt it would be over though, unless the Double TIV promo somehow worked on it).

Pretty much all of the ads that I have seen said that it is 100% bonus for Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii U. I also saw one email where they included the 3DS and Vita, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything that included all systems. It would be interesting to see what the TIV for a PS4 is, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's pretty close to the retail price (I doubt it would be over though, unless the Double TIV promo somehow worked on it).
I bought my ps4 at Hastings and on the receipt it said I could trade it back in for $180.

I had no problem trading in an Assassin's Creed BF Target edition so don't let them deny you on that one.
Thanks for the heads up. Ended up trading in all three (Battlefield 4, CoD: Ghosts, AC: BF) for $150 then had the $10 coupon as well. AC didn't scan, so she had to manually search for/add.

Might go back and grab a Kinect sensor (they didn't have any Kinect Adventures so I'll have to make an extra trip to GS) for $20 - since they apparently can be traded in to Amazon for $40.xx for a refurbished unit - which I assume can just be a sensor w/cords as well as K. Adventures?

bread's done
Back