Hastings - Buy a used Xbox/Gamecube game, get 2nd for 1¢.

SuperFox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Was in Hastings today, and saw the used Xbox/GCN for $9.99 sale had been replaced with buy one, get one for a penny. Considering most games have a used price of $17.99, it's not that great a deal. But you may find a nice steal.

Scored Phantom Dust and Quantum Redshift for $5.48. Funny thing is QR was factory sealed under the Hastings "Used" re-wrap package. Not a bad sale if you want to pick up some BC games for the 360.

I'm guessing it is B&M only? I found a site called gohastings.com but it didn't seem to indicate anywhere that it had an online sale.

[quote name='QiG']I'm guessing it is B&M only? I found a site called gohastings.com but it didn't seem to indicate anywhere that it had an online sale.[/QUOTE]

Yup, B&M only, that's how it always is with them. Plus their website completely sucks.

yeah this is a awsome deal, just from this deal alone i have been able to find some awsome games.

:gc:
Skies of Arcadia Legends 9.99
Metroid Prime 2:Echoes 9.99
Baten Kaitos Origins 9.99
Final Fantasy:CC 9.99

:xbox:
Pariah 4.99
Rogue Trooper 9.99
Phantom Dust 4.99
Star Wars Jedi knight 2:Jedi Outcast 9.99

Didn't find anything I wanted as far as Xbox/Gamecube games go (Norman, OK location), but I did find sealed copies of FFX-2 for $15 and Suikoden V for $10. So thanks for making me get off my ass and go to Hastings :p

Also, found several new sealed copies of games I was very surprised to find:
Dragon Quest VII
Shinobi (PS2)
FFX-2
Ys: Ark of Napsomething
Grandia III
Xenosaga II

Went back today and found some nice gems. They got lots of new gamecube games that had not been there. I managed to snag Mario Party 6 &7 for 39.99 total, and also scored Metal Gear solid:TS and Pikmin 2 both for 9.99 total.

Though I am a fan of Hastings and most of there sales, these Buy One Get One for $.01 are hit and miss. Not only because of stock, but also due to the pricing is very YMMV. I've seen Used titles, can't think of titles off the top of my head, that are marked $26.99, but I know should be marked $4.99-9.99.

On a side note I went back today and scored copies of Commandos 2 and Army Men: Sarge's War for $5.48.

I hate to be offtopic, but can someone tell me what YMMV means? I can't tell just from the acronym.

I'm going to go check if a Hastings is near me.

To expand... your mileage may vary means that the deal/prices/stock are liable to be different for everyone. The OP may find an amazing deal, but if it's tagged with YMMV, you might head to the same retail chain and find your store offers crap for a deal.

I noticed this problem with Hastings as well. Realize though that prices on the tag are not always correct. Suikoden V was marked as $35, but rang up as $10. The finder terminals in some stores are VERY useful :)

[quote name='abhinav']Whats a Hastings? Is there one in MD? What tomato?[/quote]

Seems to be a Mid-US sort of thing, but there are some in the Southeast and Southwest. It's a book-game-music-movies store/rental. They run much better deals on average than Gamestop does, and trades are usually 10 to 20% higher. Neat store all things considered.

I keep getting tempted by Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, but I keep from pulling the trigger, wanting to find just as awesome of a second game. Ahh, darn indecision.

Cruddy selection when I checked today, but thanks for the tip! I found some cool stuff anyway, non-gaming related other than NBA Street (PS2) for 3 bucks. What can I say, I'm a sucker.

Anyone want to go hardcore cheapass to maximize their savings and buy my $10 hastings giftcard for $7.50? Have since moved away from any hastings stores but would love to hook a cg up. First pm and its like you've found a couple extra bucks in your wallet...item will ship with a hardcore cg badge...yes I'm serious.

bread's done
Back