Hastings Mod Nation Racers (39.99) In Store (PS3)

I work at a Hastings here in Albuquerque, and that was a misprint in the ad, we have disclaimers on our front door that the price is actually $59.99, so I suggest doing price matching wherever they'll do it, because Hastings won't...

I am most definitely gonna grab a flyer n go to walmart to price match. Lucky we have Hastings here in Albuquerque.

[quote name='youenvy']i just wanted to say that was real cool of you bro-to go out n help out fellow cagers. :applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

Definitely, Even cooler since it was a price mistake apparently. I received a copy from him, Dude is awesome for hooking me up.

Strangely just got a second copy shipped to me today from goHastings. Seems not only they sent two games, but double charged me as well. Instead of being annoyed with having to deal with online returning, I've decided this could be a good opportunity to use this brand new $40 purchase (worth $60 retail) towards the purchase of another game.

So my question is, what are good retailers that allow returns without a receipt? I've done this at Walmart once, but I would prefer to avoid them if possible. Would Gamestop accept the return for store credit, or just give trade in value without a receipt?

I think accusing me of return fraud is a little excessive here. I can't find direct reference to this in the CAG faq's, and at least Wikipedia's entry ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_fraud ) describes return fraud in it's various implications as premeditatedly attempting to defraud a retail establishment for the intent of profit. I made no deliberate attempts here to defraud anyone, rather inquired over how to make an equitable exchange. I don't see any harm to any company here that receives a brand new and perfectly sellable piece of merchandise as the expense of an equally valued piece of merchandise.

But I digress, though I may disagree with your assertion, I'm not here to cause trouble and will look into the validity of my question for the purpose of these forums before continuing the discussion further.

[quote name='AleeR']I think accusing me of return fraud is a little excessive here. I can't find direct reference to this in the CAG faq's, and at least Wikipedia's entry ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_fraud ) describes return fraud in it's various implications as premeditatedly attempting to defraud a retail establishment for the intent of profit. I made no deliberate attempts here to defraud anyone, rather inquired over how to make an equitable exchange. I don't see any harm to any company here that receives a brand new and perfectly sellable piece of merchandise as the expense of an equally valued piece of merchandise.

But I digress, though I may disagree with your assertion, I'm not here to cause trouble and will look into the validity of my question for the purpose of these forums before continuing the discussion further.[/QUOTE]

laundering money or stolen goods is basically the same general process.. if you think about it

[quote name='AleeR']I think accusing me of return fraud is a little excessive here. I can't find direct reference to this in the CAG faq's, and at least Wikipedia's entry ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_fraud ) describes return fraud in it's various implications as premeditatedly attempting to defraud a retail establishment for the intent of profit. I made no deliberate attempts here to defraud anyone, rather inquired over how to make an equitable exchange. I don't see any harm to any company here that receives a brand new and perfectly sellable piece of merchandise as the expense of an equally valued piece of merchandise.

But I digress, though I may disagree with your assertion, I'm not here to cause trouble and will look into the validity of my question for the purpose of these forums before continuing the discussion further.[/QUOTE]

Yeah accusing you of return fraud would be excessive if I had done that.
I'm no angel I'm just trying to point out that it's not supposed to be discussed here (as far as I'm aware).

To answer your question about gamestop though I think the only returns they do are with receipts.

Still not an accurate comparison, sorry. I won't be discussing this here anymore, I'll gladly take the topic up on the 99.9% other game forums that have no problem with a valid question. I paid money through a reputable retailer and mistakenly was charged for and subsequently sent 2 games. I merely inquired as to the possibility of making an exchange through the convenience of locality rather than the inconvenience of the online return process. I am not a criminal and I don't appreciate being treated like one. I guess instead of posing the question honestly I could have used the usual excuse of "I got this game as a gift but don't have the receipt, where can I return it?"

I've been informed by a moderator that it's not appropriate for these forums, so I respect that, but lighten up people. If I were truly looking to defraud a company, launder stolen video games, and makes tons of money, I would not be discussing it here.

[quote name='AleeR']Still not an accurate comparison, sorry. I won't be discussing this here anymore, I'll gladly take the topic up on the 99.9% other game forums that have no problem with a valid question. I paid money through a reputable retailer and mistakenly was charged for and subsequently sent 2 games. I merely inquired as to the possibility of making an exchange through the convenience of locality rather than the inconvenience of the online return process. I am not a criminal and I don't appreciate being treated like one. I guess instead of posing the question honestly I could have used the usual excuse of "I got this game as a gift but don't have the receipt, where can I return it?"

I've been informed by a moderator that it's not appropriate for these forums, so I respect that, but lighten up people. If I were truly looking to defraud a company, launder stolen video games, and makes tons of money, I would not be discussing it here.[/QUOTE]

Very articulate but woulda coulda shoulda doesn't change an action that is "wrong" to an action that is almost "right".
Have fun on "other forums".

So how are people liking this game? I played around with the demo and thought it was fun. How is the full game in comparison? Worth $40?

is it as good as Sega Racing? and no, having the ability to edit skin is not something I view as a plus. Does car in here have different stat or just .. uh.. skin again?

how's weapon? fun to play? thanks for any informed input

The ad expired, and the price in the ad was a misprint to boot. They had signs up in most B&M stores by that afternoon that stated the fact, and relieved them of having to sell the game at a loss.

bread's done
Back