Hastings Video Game Prices: 10/1/06 - 10/7/06

neifirst

CAGiversary!
Nothing last week, but this week brings a really good deal on Lego Star Wars II for the 360 (does that say "used" under the price?) and that staple of Hastings, buy 2 get 3rd for a penny.

Don't forget, corporate policy is that both previously owned and clearance rentals are considered "used". Seems I have to fight them on this every time it comes up.

Enjoy!

hastingshu7.jpg

no, it says "cool" i think.

It also states save 15 dollars, which is the rite price for the new version when added. Why can't we have a hastings here in washington?

Heads up - Monday night from 10PM to Midnight, once again, ALL used items are 30% off. EVERYTHING. DVD Box sets, 360 games, CDs.. everything.

Did Hastings raise their used game prices for this sale? I stopped by first thing Sunday morning, before football of course, and walked away empty handed. There were a few things I was interested in, but when I checked the prices tags, most of them were $3-$5 dollars more than EB/GS. I've never had a problem in the past with prices during this sale or maybe I was just picking the right games before.

Oh well, guess I'll wait till Monday night and score a few things @ 30% off.

I went to pick up Lego SW and it was 34.99, used. The ad they had was the same as what was shown here, except it showed "save 25 dollars", which is obviously wrong since this game is 49.99 new, not 59.99. I wasn't gonna buy it used for 34.99, but they didn' thave any used copies anyway. Boo for Hastings.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']no, it says "cool" i think.

It also states save 15 dollars, which is the rite price for the new version when added. Why can't we have a hastings here in washington?[/quote]

Washington does have Hastings. Here is Spokane, we have 3.

just now picked up chibi robo and fire emblem for gcn for 4.99 each - both clearanced rentals. probably ymmv but watch for them. also bought monopoly party ps2 for 9.99, but didn't get any of the games for a penny.

2 questions:

is it confirmed for all stores that tomorrow at 10pm all used items are 30% off? is this an automatic discount or something --- never heard of the promo.

also, is it safe to remove the little ring/label/sticker thing that hastings puts on its games that show they are rentals?

[quote name='bg2001']just now picked up chibi robo and fire emblem for gcn for 4.99 each - both clearanced rentals. probably ymmv but watch for them. also bought monopoly party ps2 for 9.99, but didn't get any of the games for a penny.

2 questions:

is it confirmed for all stores that tomorrow at 10pm all used items are 30% off? is this an automatic discount or something --- never heard of the promo.

also, is it safe to remove the little ring/label/sticker thing that hastings puts on its games that show they are rentals?[/QUOTE]

The clearence rentals are YMMV. I scored a copy of College Hoops 2K6 (CR) for $9.99. Might have to go back and check out Chi Robo. Chi Robo would have been alot sweeter than my Headhunter 2. I chose it only because it was $5.99 and it is better to buy within the sale than just 1 title IMHO. Also for those unaware this is a month long sale, so if you're strapped for cash you might want to stash games the best you can to score them later.

looks like 30% off and b2g1 won't stack. got the ad from hastings today - the 30% off is only tonight, and the b2g1 starts tomorrow.

(still wondering if anyone knows if taking the hastings rental sticker off a game will affect gameplay)

will both the 30% off and b2g1 for a penny deals stack? that's my biggest reason not to go... well, that, and the lack of decently priced used 360 games

[quote name='bg2001']looks like 30% off and b2g1 won't stack. got the ad from hastings today - the 30% off is only tonight, and the b2g1 starts tomorrow.

(still wondering if anyone knows if taking the rental sticker off a game will affect gameplay)[/quote]

This is really beginning to annoy me. They post the ad online, but there is no way to read the small print that gives the details (such as valid dates, or whether a deal is for new or used (ok, you can kind of make out the word "used", but it could be something else)), and the flyer is almost never available in-store.

I highly recommend visiting hastings tonight. just got back. the deal on games was ok (30% off - got madden 07 xbox 360 for 28) but the deal on some movies was great.

clearanced rentals are b2g1 which stacks w/ the 30% off. so basically any clearanced rentals are 54% off. they have good stuff available too -- picked up some decent stuff - syriana, munich, and dave chappelle's block party for 14 bucks.

[quote name='bg2001']I highly recommend visiting hastings tonight. just got back. the deal on games was ok (30% off - got madden 07 xbox 360 for 28) but the deal on some movies was great.

clearanced rentals are b2g1 which stacks w/ the 30% off. so basically any clearanced rentals are 54% off. they have good stuff available too -- picked up some decent stuff - syriana, munich, and dave chappelle's block party for 14 bucks.[/quote]

wow... didn't see that it would stack, but only got one clearanced rental, so all good... not much to see at mine, anyways, but...

everyone who still can go, go... it was definitely worth goin' to get ridge racer 6 (used) for $7!! jeez, do they need to update their stickers and their site!! hahahaha

wanted dead rising, but that was a long shot... would ask, but for $25+ and extra... nah

B2G1 for a penny DID stack with 30% off on movies, and the PVT (clearance rentals) worked also! They clearanced out Nip/Tuck season 3 and Desperate Housewives Season 2.. they were at 3.99 (per disc), ringing up for 2.79 at 30% off.. grabbed DH2 for my gf for a mere $12.. found a used Without a Trace for $11.99, rang up at $8.xx.. not bad for a 16 hour show!!!

neudog - did you pick up the 360 version of college hoops 2k6?
Also I found that the Gamestop next to the Hastings will be running a buy 2 get third one free deal with active military ID deal till November. I've been getting some sweet deals there since the amount of used games are starting to go up there.

[quote name='guessed']Well no one seems to have noticed my topic, but no big deal. Sucks that it is used LSWII, new would have been a heck of a deal, and the print online is just too small to make out (which is why I put "new?" in the title). Just for reference, http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109715[/QUOTE]

I think the reason your thread recieved no response is because the focus leans towards Lego Star Wars II, IMHO.

[quote name='Wolve22']neudog - did you pick up the 360 version of college hoops 2k6?
Also I found that the Gamestop next to the Hastings will be running a buy 2 get third one free deal with active military ID deal till November. I've been getting some sweet deals there since the amount of used games are starting to go up there.[/QUOTE]

Yes I scored a 360 version. I went the night before the sale started to find items I might want. Funny thing is that the College Hoops game was in the Used Xbox aisle. I had to do a double take for a moment because I couldn't believe it. I guess someone had it removed from the glass case and decided not to get it. Not sure how often you get to Hastings, but I would check frequently for the simple fact that the sale is for the entire month. As for the GS sale that is awesome. I have some GS credit that I'm saving for the Wii and will hopefully build up more by Oct. 15th to get Gears of War LE too. So are you waiting in line for any of the lauches?

bread's done
Back