Hastings Video Game Prices: 9/17/06 - 9/23/06

neifirst

CAGiversary!
Came across this today and thought it could be useful, even though you only have three more days to make use of it.

Enjoy!

scanir0.jpg

...and Ninja Gaiden Black. Thanks OP, haven't made it to Hastings in a while, so it's good to see a CAG keeping us updated.

I got the last copy of Ninja Gaiden Black today. I was worried because the $4.99 sign was placed in front of Ninja Gaiden and NGB was in the display case marked $22.90. Grabbed an ad and then got the game out of the case, but I did not need the ad because it rang up the sale price.:) Thanks again OP.

Im sure this is limited to the games that were traded in and not ex-rentals. Thats the same shit they pulled on the mario baseball for 9.99.

I ran into that with Mario Baseball as well, so I called Hastings (1-877-HASTINGS) and asked them if Clearance Rentals counted towards their Used Games promotions - and the lady said yes. I asked if she would call my local Hastings and let the manager know, then I went back and got my Mario Baseball for $10.

What?? Umm.. excuse me while I run back to Hastings to get Matrix and NG Black. This was definately NOT the advertisement in the store, I think they were running last week's.

Also, when I went to look at Dirge of Cerberus (which I heard was bad, but it's still FFVII-verse), I found that their Clearance Rental copies of the game were $19.99.

That one is probably a YMMV.

The ad at my store was for the week of September 12th. I love my Hastings. They are NEVER updated. Hell, the first Far Cry on XB is still marked 49.99 new, 39.99 used. Grabbed two Ninja Gaiden Black's, one Matrix: PoN, and one Star Wars: Battlefront 2.

Gave SW:BF2 and NG:B to a friend, kept one NG:B and PoN.

You rock, OP. I would've never known had it not been for this post. I've been waiting for NG:B on the cheap forever.. finally got it, cheap as hell and backwards compatible to boot!

Thanks OP. Got the last NG Black.

Also picked up Toe Jam and Earl (XBOX) and Breakdown (Xbox). Not a bad way to spend $15.

[quote name='Scorch']The ad at my store was for the week of September 12th. I love my Hastings. They are NEVER updated. Hell, the first Far Cry on XB is still marked 49.99 new, 39.99 used.[/QUOTE]

My Hastings usually is the same way. What is even more fucked up is that there is a display rack for the specific purpose of ads, yet they keep them on the counter where you check items in and this is a rarity as well.

[quote name='v0yce']Thanks OP. Got the last NG Black.

Also picked up Toe Jam and Earl (XBOX) and Breakdown (Xbox). Not a bad way to spend $15.[/QUOTE]

How is Toe Jam and Earl?

You guys ever tried to remove that goofy barcode sticker that Hastings puts on their disc rentals right around the center hole? I want to remove them, but I'm afraid of damaging my disc.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got home with my wonderfully cheap copy of Ninja Gaiden Black, popped it in, messed around with it a little bit, and started thinking, "huh, this doesn't seem much different than regular NG...In fact this seems EXACTLY like NG...What a sec...THIS IS REGULAR NINJA GAIDEN!!"

My lovely Ninja Gaiden Black case and manual came completed with a regualr Ninja Gaiden disc. :wall:

That was the only copy they had. I can't wait to see how this turns out tomorrow when I take it back.

:cry: *sigh* :cry:

[quote name='neifirst']You guys ever tried to remove that goofy barcode sticker that Hastings puts on their disc rentals right around the center hole? I want to remove them, but I'm afraid of damaging my disc.[/quote]

Nails, goo gone, and lots of luck. My ex was really, really good at removing it.. but not much else. That's why she's an ex.

[quote name='v0yce']!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got home with my wonderfully cheap copy of Ninja Gaiden Black, popped it in, messed around with it a little bit, and started thinking, "huh, this doesn't seem much different than regular NG...In fact this seems EXACTLY like NG...What a sec...THIS IS REGULAR NINJA GAIDEN!!"

My lovely Ninja Gaiden Black case and manual came completed with a regualr Ninja Gaiden disc. :wall:

That was the only copy they had. I can't wait to see how this turns out tomorrow when I take it back.

:cry: *sigh* :cry:[/QUOTE]

Good Luck! Hopefully you have an understanding cashier/manager, but if not put up a good fight.

For some weird reason my game disk has the word BLACK on it...:rofl: j/k Maybe you will be able to look through all the cases and get the Black version.

[quote name='neifirst']You guys ever tried to remove that goofy barcode sticker that Hastings puts on their disc rentals right around the center hole? I want to remove them, but I'm afraid of damaging my disc.[/QUOTE]

I did once...it didn't turn out so well. Of course, this was back when Hastings used that film to cover their discs instead of the barcode around the ring. Damn thing nearly tore the silkscreen off the disc! -_-''''

The ring around the center isn't usually that bad. Thanks to Scorch, all my store had left were clearance rentals of Battlefront II and Path of Neo, but the clearance rentals did ring up $4.99, which was unexpected. The Path of Neo manual was pretty chewed up, and Battlefront II didn't have a manual. I really wanted a Ninja Gaiden Black, but all they had were about a dozen original Ninja Gaidens.

I actually snagged a Ninja Gaiden today. It was in extremely good condition and wasnt an ex-rental so no sticker BS to deal with. Thanks for the post OP.

Looks like I need to take a trip to Hastings tomorrow. Last time I was in there, I picked up a couple of used XBOX controllers for $5 each.

Crap I think I just missed out on a cheap BF II. Neudog you didn't happen to pick up an extra copy? Well I suppose if those ads are just lying on the table there that I could just take one and try with it anyway, despite the fact that today was the last day of the ad.

I had already purchased starwarsBII at my hastings for 4.99, LOOKED LIKE NEW!.. and for you video game challenged people, Ninja Gaiden Black is THE SAME THING as the original NG, but with some extra content. Ill pick up MPON and im Done.

[quote name='NEO4444']I had already purchased starwarsBII at my hastings for 4.99, LOOKED LIKE NEW!.. and for you video game challenged people, Ninja Gaiden Black is THE SAME THING as the original NG, but with some extra content. Ill pick up MPON and im Done.[/QUOTE]

Uh, thanks for telling us something we all already know. :whistle2:?

When I said "the same game as NG," I meant the "EXACT SAME GAME." It wasn't a Ninja Gaiden Black disc in my Ninja Gaiden Black case. It was a Ninja Gaiden disc in my Ninja Gaiden Black case.

And sadly they had no others. :cry:

They did let me open up the one used copy of NG they had to see if the discs were switced. By sadly no luck.

I wish a had a Hastings nearby. Path of Neo is a great pick-up for $5. I'd pick up Ninja Gaiden Black, but I'm still finishing the regular version.

bread's done
Back