Have any of you heard of BrandDiscountZone.com?

OmegaRicochet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hello Cheap Ass Family, my friend was asking me about a site that he received an email about.

http://branddiscountzone.com/laptop...93656&addomain=eleadztracks.com&addomain_id=9

I've done some research and there seems to be very little information out there about it. I'm naturally cautious of any kind of website like this cause I know that scams are numerous but I've also been a part of websites like this in the past that were legitimate. So I was wondering if any of you had ever heard of or been a part of this website before. Thanks for any advice!

looks like a scam, as there is no explanation for why the laptops are so cheap. Or it looks like there is some kind of requirement like with the common 12 dvds for 1 cent each. So probably in the terms their is a requirement to buy a few full priced laptops within a couple of years.

I'm interested if anyone knows anything else.

Yeah, that was one of the possibilities I was thinking of. The terms of conditions look/sound legitimate enough, but I've only skimmed them so far. I plan on reading them later on tonight.

Shamelessly bumping this won't help... it's a shady site, that simple. It's best not to risk it sometimes, especially with the amount of offers/referrals they'll want.

Its a very shady scam site... It is one of those sites where you have to complete "offers" from various companies...which usually entails either buying stuff or subscribing to something (and will cost $$$). Usually these sites require you to make certain purchases, or sign up for credit cards, or buy a subscription to some site that you will never use...and is a pain in the butt to cancel later (if you even can cancel it).

This is right off the site, at the bottom:

THE FOLLOWING IS A SUMMARY OF PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS. SEE TERMS FOR COMPLETE DETAILS. Members are being accepted subject to the following Program Requirements: 1) Must be a legal US resident; 2) must be at least 18 years old or older; 3) must have a valid email and shipping address; 4) Eligible members can receive the incentive gift package by completing two reward offers from each of the Top, Prime and Premium reward offer page options. Various types of reward offers are available. Completion of reward offers most often requires a purchase or filing a credit application and being accepted for a financial product such as a credit card or consumer loan.

So basically you have to complete 2 "offers" from each company they have listed as a "Top"/"Prime"/"Premium" company...how many companies are "Top"/"Prime"/"Premium"? Who knows...you may have to complete 2 "offers" from like 6 different companies (12 "offers" total if there are only 6 "Top"/"Prime"/"Premium" companies, but who knows, maybe there are more, or maybe there are less), or at least that is how the wording makes it seem since it says "Eligible members can receive the incentive gift package by completing two reward offers from each of the Top, Prime and Premium reward offer page options..."

This is the same as all those other sites that try to get you to do this crap for a "free" laptop or TV (which isnt really free after you are done spending money on all the "offers" and signing up for credit cards!) or something like that, only this one charges you a little bit of money (to make it seem as though they are giving you a special price...lol). They try to make it seem like you are getting a good deal, or a discount, by making the price like $70 instead of saying "free" like all the other sites like this. In the end you will probably end up spending more money and time than whatever you are buying is worth...and you will be locked into all those "offers" you signed up for. It is a big scam... My advice is to stay as far away from these sites as possible. It is just a ploy to get you signed up and locked in.

Always read the fine print at the bottom. If you see stuff on their site like this (like I copied from their site and pasted above), or similar, then run the other way!! All they are trying to do is get you locked in to contracts and subscriptions. Why do you think they have an age requirement of 18 and a requirement that you MUST be a U.S. resident? So you can't nullify/void the contracts you get into by signing up for their "offers" when you find out how bad of a deal it is (and how much you are getting screwed)! Do yourself a favor and stay far, far, far away from those types of sites. If it looks too good to be true, then it usually is. Not even my best friend in the world will sell me a laptop like that for $70. What a joke. lol! Dont fall prey to online scams like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='georox']Shamelessly bumping this won't help... it's a shady site, that simple. It's best not to risk it sometimes, especially with the amount of offers/referrals they'll want.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it shamelessly bumping, I'm simply looking for advice. It seems shady to me, but I know of sites similar to this that have worked in the past. I figure it can't hurt to as as I'm just wanting to learn some info if it's out there.

[quote name='OmegaRicochet']@RedRingOfDeath

I hear you. I wasn't interested in it, but my friend that got the email was. I'll pass this info on to him. Thanks man.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no problem bro. I would definitely hate to see another person get scammed by sites like these. It is the worst variation of the "buy 2 CD's, get 10 free" mail-order deals (BMG music) you used to see all over the place a few years ago.

They make the offer look so good, and they make the requirements seem so low...but you have to read all the fine print! It is just bait to get you hooked into contracts that you cant get out of. They use wording like "...just complete 2 offers*..." and hope no one reads the small print below and sees it is from each company in the list, so you could possibly be completing like 12 "offers" (6 companies x 2 = 12 offers to complete) or more before you can get what you want. They hook you in contracts and on credit cards...then they make the requirements over 18 and U.S. citizen so they can get their contracts enforced if you find out it is not a good deal and dont want to pay anymore. It is just a big gimmick that you end up paying far more in the end for your item when you consider the time, money, and frustration spent after signing up for all those "offers".

bread's done
Back