have any of you trade in any games with amazon?

It is pretty easy, but they require fairly complete stuff and aren't just going to take anything like gamestop will. If I remember correctly, it took a few days to get their via the free USPS shipping and then about a week to get credited.

[quote name='bk187']It is pretty easy, but they require fairly complete stuff and aren't just going to take anything like gamestop will. If I remember correctly, it took a few days to get their via the free USPS shipping and then about a week to get credited.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all fronts. I would like to add that Amazon's Trade-In-Value was far superior to GS (for my assortment).

I completed two orders just a couple days ago. It did take a couple days to ship, then a couple days after receipt to process. They do need to be complete and in good shape.
At least for mine, I was able to pick UPS or USPS shipping.

My trade in order was submitted 11/28, I don't think I shipped them till 12/4, and I got the credits a couple days ago. So, about a week?

My biggest concern is that the trade in values change very rapidly - sometimes multiple times in a day -in fact I created the same trade in orders about five times till I thought I was at the peak of the trade in prices [I was pretty close].

No real complaints. I'd almost rather take the hit up front, in lower trade in values, with free shipping; than pay Amazon's rapacious Marketplace commissions. Plus the bastards cancelled my Seller account, as far as I can tell, because I didn't have enough volume.
Like any trade-in, you will probably do better selling to a person, but it's so much easier selling to a vendor.

It took about a week for the entire process, but I received more for my trade-in with than Gamestop was willing to offer. Also Amazon pays for shipping so you don't have to come out of pocket. Just make sure whatever your trading is acceptable other than that its an easy process. Good Luck :)

I've done it and I love it. The best part is with Amazon credit you can get whatever you want. And you will have a hard time finding other places to give you more credit than Amazon will. Highly recommended.

thanks for all the replies guys, i just trade in 2 copies of uncharted 2 and demons souls, i called gamestop asking the trade in value for uncharted 2 and it was 7 dollars!! talk about white neck robbery man, amazon gave me 22.50 for each copy of uncharted 2, really good value, i hope the rest of the transaction goes smooth, thanks again

Ive been using amazon for awhile now. Don't freak out if it takes awhile to receive your credit. I mailed in new vegas to them on Nov. 27th and just yesterday received my credit. However from what Ive traded in Ive never had a problem . Even when GS runs 50% trade in I think Amazon still beats there prices.

bread's done
Back