Have I been hacked? Help please!

EstonianBeast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So yesterday i tried to log on my gameshare account that i have bought with 4 of my friends. Once i tried to log in it said the password or email is wrong. So i asked my friends if someone has changed something. I have spoken to all 4 of them and they have not changed the password or anything. So i went on my email to see if iv had any notifications about the account and i discovered i have an email sent to me that claims someone has changed the email aka log in ID. So i tried to recover the password via Forgotten The Password button on ps3, i put on the right date and tried to press continue but it said that the info was invalid. So i am out of ideas what i can do, i have the secret question thing aswell but im not sure if that could also do any help as everything have failed so far.

Any ideas would be awsome. I also dont want to call Sony as i dont live in UK and it would cost alot to call there.

Why would you think you've been hacked? It's obvious one of the people you gameshared with changed the account info. One of them is lying to you.

[quote name='sunghost']Why would you think you've been hacked? It's obvious one of the people you gameshared with changed the account info. One of them is lying to you.[/QUOTE]
i'm with him, unless you know these people personally and ur really close, then i put my money on one of them screwing you over

You were hacked by one of your game share "friends". Do they all have access to the email account? The simplest explanation is usually the correct one in these situations. It's like asking why are all my belongings missing when I leave the door unlocked.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's what you get for gamesharing.

Are these "friends" people you know in person?[/QUOTE]
Yes iv known them over a year or two, i trust 2 guys 100% but im very suspicous about one guy.

[quote name='sunghost']Why would you think you've been hacked? It's obvious one of the people you gameshared with changed the account info. One of them is lying to you.[/QUOTE]
That's what i was suspecting, i wounder how i would have him to confess.

[quote name='exaznkid']i'm with him, unless you know these people personally and ur really close, then i put my money on one of them screwing you over[/QUOTE]As said above im really suspicous about one guy. I and only i had the access to the email. He has changed the password once but that was coz he raged or something, got it sorted that time but now its just ugly.

[quote name='EstonianBeast']Yes iv known them over a year or two, i trust 2 guys 100% but im very suspicous about one guy.

That's what i was suspecting, i wounder how i would have him to confess.

As said above im really suspicous about one guy. I and only i had the access to the email. He has changed the password once but that was coz he raged or something, got it sorted that time but now its just ugly.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Case closed?

if each one was asked and they all said they didnt then have the others also complained about not being able to access it? if not then it sounds like theyve all kicked you out of it. also who was in charge of the gameshare email and email password? if you are why not just change the email password and then change the account pass?

[quote name='uncle5555']:lol:

Case closed?[/QUOTE] Well i can't be certain its him, or can i?

[quote name='lokizz']if each one was asked and they all said they didnt then have the others also complained about not being able to access it? if not then it sounds like theyve all kicked you out of it. also who was in charge of the gameshare email and email password? if you are why not just change the email password and then change the account pass?[/QUOTE]
The guys i trust complained. I asked one guy: Someone has changed the email for the account, do you know anything about it? He simply said No and thats it, seemed kinda suspicous that he took it so cool. And what do you mean change the email password? For what, i can access my email account easyly, no one knows the password for the email account, i cant get a new pass on my email via forgot the password button coz the email (sign-in) has changed not the password.

The mail i recived on 25th nov

This email confirms that your PlayStation(R)Network sign-in ID (Email address) has been changed successfully. If you did not change your sign-in ID... This email has been sent to you because the sign-in ID (Email address) for the relevant PlayStation(R)Network account has been changed. If you did not change your sign-in ID, please contact Customer Support at the following address: [email protected] The PlayStation(R)Network Team

Sent them a messge, they said i should call them, i really don't want to as i don't live in UK and it would cost alot. But i would if i would recive some good help. Idk what to do really.

EDIT: Holy shii the mail i copyed above has been sent to someone else aswell and hes estonian just like me so its one of my friends. What shall i do? The guy I suspect lives about 200km from me tho :( The other email is the new sign-in ID. So i just need the password to his email to get my password and account back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EstonianBeast']
EDIT: Holy shii the mail i copyed above has been sent to someone else aswell and hes estonian just like me so its one of my friends. What shall i do? The guy I suspect lives about 200km from me tho :( The other email is the new sign-in ID. So i just need the password to his email to get my password and account back.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're going to have to bite the bullet and call Sony UK, and tell them someone stole your account info and hijacked your account, and don't mention you gameshare (obviously ;) ) get the account reset and then make SURE you only share with non-shady people from here on in. It's a hassle, but how else do you intend to solve this problem easier than that?

As i know who he is, ill try to scare him and see maybe he'll give up the account, if not well then ill call and if the account is banned then its his foult. And we all lose 30 euros just like that, for someone trying to be funny

[quote name='EstonianBeast']As i know who he is, ill try to scare him and see maybe he'll give up the account, if not well then ill call and if the account is banned then its his foult. And we all lose 30 euros just like that, for someone trying to be funny[/QUOTE]

Or you could just do as I mentioned above, wrest control of the account back to you via Sony and only loose money for the phone call, which I assume would be cheaper than 30 euros and you don't loose any of your games or the account in the process either...;)

[quote name='uncle5555']Or you could just do as I mentioned above, wrest control of the account back to you via Sony and only loose money for the phone call, which I assume would be cheaper than 30 euros and you don't loose any of your games or the account in the process either...;)[/QUOTE]

what he said the sooner you get it done the better.

bread's done
Back