Have REZ.....looking for DISGAEA, others......

PuNkNeB

CAG Veteran
I have a used, like new copy of Rez for trade. The disc is in near flawless condition (3 or 4 tiny light surface scratches), and the case is perfect, but the manual is from a rental game. The manual is in perfect condition otherwise. I am looking for primarily Disgaea (just like everyone else), among many others. I have an account at TGN, here are my haves/wants:

http://www.tradegamesnow.com/user.cfm?un=PuNkNeB&view=list

Thanks for your interest!

[quote name='PuNkNeB']I had to hijack the manual from a rental game.[/quote]

Is hijack somehow better than openly steal now?

No, that's when you pay them $10 for a game manual with a bunch of tape on it. If paying $10 to a game store that paid $50 for the game and rented it 30-40 times for $5 each time is stealing, then I guess I am a thief. Just out of curiosity, why are there so many crabby dudes, killjoys, and a-holes on some of these boards? It seems like people are just waiting for the opportunity to make smartass posts and bully other people. It's like virtual middle school on some of these boards.....

[quote name='PuNkNeB']No, that's when you pay them $10 for a game manual with a bunch of tape on it. If paying $10 to a game store that paid $50 for the game and rented it 30-40 times for $5 each time is stealing, then I guess I am a thief. Just out of curiosity, why are there so many crabby dudes, killjoys, and a-holes on some of these boards? It seems like people are just waiting for the opportunity to make smartass posts and bully other people. It's like virtual middle school on some of these boards.....[/quote]

This site is, on average, older and more mature than your average video game site. Therefore, we don't take kindly to people mentioning pirating, stolen products, "back-ups", etc etc.

Basically.. since most of us aren't still in middle school (or school at all), that's why its the way it is.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']This site is, on average, older and more mature than your average video game site. Therefore, we don't take kindly to people mentioning pirating, stolen products, "back-ups", etc etc.

Basically.. since most of us aren't still in middle school (or school at all), that's why its the way it is.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with your point, but it doesn't seem like anyone ever really gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to an ambiguous situation. I see this happen on these boards all the time (just because I hardly ever post doesn't mean I don't read almost every day). I probably shouldn't have said "hijack," but c'mon, we're talking about a game's (overpriced) MANUAL from an overpriced rental chain, not selling bootlegged "backups" on eBay.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Just because something is "overpriced" or the chain "deserves" it doesn't entitle you to it, nor does it make it any more correct.[/quote]

Agreed...

and if you think they overcharge why go in there in the first place?

When I got to 100 posts....I was a little irratated....when I got to 200 posts....I was a little more. You guys with 2000+ posts...does this ignorance irratate you anymore? Or are you just past the point?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Just because something is "overpriced" or the chain "deserves" it doesn't entitle you to it, nor does it make it any more correct.[/quote]

I agree with you 100%. Did you bother to read the previous posts in their entirety? I did NOT steal anything, I did NOT say it was right to steal ANYTHING from ANYONE, I was talking about posts like yours. Even if I was an a-hole that would steal a game's manual, isn't it kind of arrogant to think that random people need your moral opinion on everything, especially when it's out of context?

[quote name='Mookyjooky']When I got to 100 posts....I was a little irratated....when I got to 200 posts....I was a little more. You guys with 2000+ posts...does this ignorance irratate you anymore? Or are you just past the point?[/quote]

I gloss over most of it, but sometimes it's just too blatant not to comment on.

[quote name='PuNkNeB'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Just because something is "overpriced" or the chain "deserves" it doesn't entitle you to it, nor does it make it any more correct.[/quote]

I agree with you 100%. Did you bother to read the previous posts in their entirety? I did NOT steal anything, I did NOT say it was right to steal ANYTHING from ANYONE, I was talking about posts like yours. Even if I was an a-hole that would steal a game's manual, isn't it kind of arrogant to think that random people need your moral opinion on everything, especially when it's out of context?[/quote]

You posted it publicly, buttmunch. Arrogance or not, I have the right to express my opinion on it.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='PuNkNeB'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Just because something is "overpriced" or the chain "deserves" it doesn't entitle you to it, nor does it make it any more correct.[/quote]

I agree with you 100%. Did you bother to read the previous posts in their entirety? I did NOT steal anything, I did NOT say it was right to steal ANYTHING from ANYONE, I was talking about posts like yours. Even if I was an a-hole that would steal a game's manual, isn't it kind of arrogant to think that random people need your moral opinion on everything, especially when it's out of context?[/quote]

You posted it publicly, buttmunch. Arrogance or not, I have the right to express my opinion on it.[/quote]

I Implore you to look through these posts and tell me what you think I've done wrong......this is ridiculous, it's like arrogant people just waiting to gang up on someone who seems to be a "noob," because they think they're so much better than everyone. I can see this kind of response for someone who says they horded 100 CC games, and were mad because they couldn't buy 5 more, but this? Seriously?!

[quote name='PuNkNeB']I had to hijack the manual from a rental game. [/quote]

I think you used the wrong wording there. It was not needed to be said and makes it look as though you stole it. If I'm reading your next post right you paid 10 bucks for the manual, which there is nothing wrong with, however your first post implied you paid nothing.

Question:

[quote name='PuNkNeB']I Implore you to look through these posts and tell me what you think I've done wrong......this is ridiculous, it's like arrogant people just waiting to gang up on someone who seems to be a "noob," because they think they're so much better than everyone. I can see this kind of response for someone who says they horded 100 CC games, and were mad because they couldn't buy 5 more, but this? Seriously?![/quote]

Answer:

[quote name='PuNkNeB']I have a used, like new copy of Rez for trade. The disc is in near flawless condition (3 or 4 tiny light surface scratches), and the case is perfect, but I had to hijack the manual from a rental game. The manual is in perfect condition otherwise. I am looking for primarily Disgaea (just like everyone else), among many others. I have an account at TGN, here are my haves/wants:

Thanks for your interest![/quote]

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Question:

[quote name='PuNkNeB']I Implore you to look through these posts and tell me what you think I've done wrong......this is ridiculous, it's like arrogant people just waiting to gang up on someone who seems to be a "noob," because they think they're so much better than everyone. I can see this kind of response for someone who says they horded 100 CC games, and were mad because they couldn't buy 5 more, but this? Seriously?![/quote]

Answer:

[quote name='PuNkNeB']I have a used, like new copy of Rez for trade. The disc is in near flawless condition (3 or 4 tiny light surface scratches), and the case is perfect, but I had to hijack the manual from a rental game. The manual is in perfect condition otherwise. I am looking for primarily Disgaea (just like everyone else), among many others. I have an account at TGN, here are my haves/wants:

Thanks for your interest![/quote][/quote]

Thanks for proving my point.....it just goes to show that you did NOT read the entire thread before deciding to try to make someone else feel stupid. It was resolved that NOTHING was STOLEN before you even started posting....it doesn't bother me that you express your opinion, but you should at least get your facts straight and not have to resort to immature name calling.

[quote name='Supernothing'][quote name='PuNkNeB']I had to hijack the manual from a rental game. [/quote]

I think you used the wrong wording there. It was not needed to be said and makes it look as though you stole it. If I'm reading your next post right you paid 10 bucks for the manual, which there is nothing wrong with, however your first post implied you paid nothing.[/quote]

I totally agree with you. Believe me, next time I will be a little more conservative with the language. Thanks for taking the time to make an intelligent post.

[quote name='WildWop']So anyway, what happened to the original manual?[/quote]

Not sure.....I traded for the game a while back, the original owner didn't include the manual.

bread's done
Back