Have XBOX But I want another Console. Should I get PS2 or Gamecube?

I figured Mario Party was something that your kid would like more, but I guess when you said mario games you meant plaformers. Super Mario Sunshine is a platformer, very similar to Mario 64. Luigi's Mansion and Wario World are also platformers. Mario Party's are just board games on the Gamecube, so it's something to play with family or your kid can play with friends.

btw, it was cool of those blockbuster folks to do that bundle for you.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I figured Mario Party was something that your kid would like more, but I guess when you said mario games you meant plaformers.

btw, it was cool of those blockbuster folks to do that bundle for you.[/quote]

My son probably would like it, but He prefers the platformers. I think I can get like $35 in credit at Gamerush for it, so I thin I will do that and get another platformer. We already have Mario Sunshine (getting a good copy today since mine wouldn't work), what other platformer is good? As I said before we liked the Super Mario style platformers.

It was very cool of them to give me the game. I don't see why more Managers don't do things like that. They now have a happy customer that will be coming back to more and more business. It didn't cost the manager anything, and they will get plenty more out of me in the future.

One more question....If you had to pick the one game that has the best graphics out of all the gamecube games what would it be? The playability of Metroid Prime was very good, but the visuals weren't quite Halo2 if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with my purchase, I would just like to see what this little box can do.

Eh, Cube for the quality, PS2 for the quantity. I would suggest a Cube with SSBM and either MP/SMS/LOZ, maybe Animal Crossing too. That'll set you up nicely.

wind waker is a great mario type game that is kid-friendly
beyond good and evil (tho this is available for all 3 systems)
also as mentioned, give pikmin a try, its a type of game one wouldnt expect to enjoy, but ive heard very few complaints and it is kid friendly

prime 2 has better graphics than the original, tho i think re4 probably takes the graphics crown on the cube- and outputing using the component cables does make a difference

Wow, the outpouring of support for the cube is staggering in here. I personally own all 3 consoles, and honestly - my cube collects dust. I have easily 150 titles between the three, but only 6 for my cube - while I do agree that it is more kid friendly,has the best wireless controller hands down, and the franchise / exclusives are for the most part excellent, I find myself disappointed with the quantity of good games. Not to mention, that cheapness just abounds on the PS2 due to sheer user installed base. I'd say my "level of commitment" tp each console would go Xbox > PS2 > Cube. Then again, I don't have any kids, and tend to gravitate more to single player games...

[quote name='evilmax17']Eh, Cube for the quality, PS2 for the quantity. I would suggest a Cube with SSBM and either MP/SMS/LOZ, maybe Animal Crossing too. That'll set you up nicely.[/quote]

Sorry new to cube thing what's SSBM, MP/SMS/LOZ?

[quote name='daikaiju'] Then again, I don't have any kids[/quote]

That's the thing. I wanted something a little more kid friendly than xbox. Plus I like the Mario type games.

[quote name='hotwls13'][quote name='evilmax17']Eh, Cube for the quality, PS2 for the quantity. I would suggest a Cube with SSBM and either MP/SMS/LOZ, maybe Animal Crossing too. That'll set you up nicely.[/quote]

Sorry new to cube thing what's SSBM, MP/SMS/LOZ?[/quote]

Super Smash Brothers Melee
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

Just some of the must-owns.

[quote name='evilmax17']
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

Just some of the must-owns.[/quote]

Thanks!

Is there any special memory card I need to get? I am used to the XBOX and I didn't need the card. I saw some cheap ones on EB for $5.99. Are those any good or should I stick with the nintendo brand?

I think I am going to try to get a couple more Wavebirds at my CC for $18. Hopefully they have some.

[quote name='drone8888']For your information,................. without the Playstation, you say there wouldn't be a Resident Evil series?????

Are you a FAQtard????

As a matter of fact, I beleive it was released simultaneously on the PSX and the Saturn.
I can't be 100% on this,...... but I seem to remember it out on the Saturn FIRST.

Oh,.........and about your, EXCLUSIVES,............ how many of them are actually good, or unique???

Wow,.... so many lame fighters, and generic FPSs.

KillZone was your best, and the game sucks major hog jiz.

Please,.........show me some QUALITY games on the PS2, MADE by Sony.

Yeah,... ICO, that's it.
:O

Check my collection at IGN,........... I have a ton of exclusives. They don't mean much to me though.
It's like playing Atari 2600 games on my 50 in HDTV,........it's pointless.[/quote]

The PS2 kicks the GCN and Xbox's ass. The damn thing has twice the library of any other system, and there are so many good games that none of the other systems have that it is unreal.

I have like 60 games for my PS2, and 90 percent of them are exclusive, and the majoriy of them are pretty good.

I will also say I have had a Cube since a week or two after launch and like it a lot. I have not played it as much as my other systems since there have not been as many titles that appealed to me lately, but since RE4 came out, I have been playing a lot of it.

Since you got a Cube, check out the Rogue Squadron series, Super Smash Bros. Melee , Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, F-Zero, and Metal Gear Solid :The Twin Snakes.

Mario Party games are only good when you have 4 people going at it.

Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, you definitely need.

You can't really compare Metroid Prime part 1 to Halo 2, they are 2 years apart. Halos 2's graphics were good, but they didn't blow me away like I thought, and they were very comparable to Metroid Prime 2.

RE4 has, imo, the best graphics this current gen.

[quote name='hotwls13']
Is there any special memory card I need to get? I am used to the XBOX and I didn't need the card. I saw some cheap ones on EB for $5.99. Are those any good or should I stick with the nintendo brand?

I think I am going to try to get a couple more Wavebirds at my CC for $18. Hopefully they have some.[/quote]

The general consensus is to get Nintendo brand of anything when you can, especially memory cards. Personally, all I have are third party cards, and they've worked fine for me (but other people have different stories).

Best looking game on the cube would either be Metroid Prime 2 or Resident Evil 4....both outdo anything I've seen on the XBOX in my opinon.

bread's done
Back