Have you ever bought a game you were't really interested in...

Cambot

CAGiversary!
Did you ever come across a game you nornally wouldn't get that excited about, but bought it because it was cheap or in really good / complete condition?

Case in point: I found a complete We're Back: A Dinosaur's Tale for Genesis today for two dollars at a thrift and picked it up. Also picked up complete Genesis games, NBA Jam: Tournament Edition and PGA Tour Golf II for the same reason.

I used to do that, but then I decided that I didn't want a big collection filled with crap -- I wanted a somewhat smaller collection that had only stuff that I needed to own. So yeah, while I did that a ton in the past, I don't even consider that an option now.

I do this all the time because I can find value in most titles. Whether it be clearenced at BB, CC, Target, Sears or any other major retailer.Also I score sometimes at my local Goodwill, Pawn Shops and Flea Markets. Like many members I still have games sealed from clearence finds.

When I first joined this site I did that a lot. It's been way different now though. Now I only buy stuff that I either have been looking for or know I'll be interested in.

There is no need to even look at the title if the game is at a cheap enough price. There's no hope for you if you pass up Madden NFL 2005 for $2 because you don't 'need' it.

I do because most of the games I buy, I trade them in at GameCrazy. (ie. i bought DBZ Taiketsu for GBA for 1.28 and traded it in for 5.50)

I just bought Metroid Prime w/ MP2 bonus disc for $4.99(+10% off) at Gamecrazy, when I have no interest in playing First Person Perspective games on a standard controller.

However, it is very much out of the ordinary for me to do something like this. But I think most anyone will agree that Metroid Prime for under $5 is worth it.

I do all the time because I too can find value in a 2 dollar (sometimes less) game, and you get tired of it, you probably will not lose any money on it

I do this with penny guides now, that's it.

I mean, honestly, why the hell do I need guides for Condemned and Quake 4, and Call of Duty 2's? Just got them because hey, a penny is a penny.

I can't argue with a five dollar game. The best part is that I look like the big baller in the family come Christmas because everyone gets 2 or 3 games and people just assume I paid 50 bucks a piece.

I do this a lot if the game is "rare", especially if the game is mint. I'm always afraid that if I pass it up, then I might want to play it in the future and by then I won't be able to find it.

I find myself buying alot of RPG type games I know I will never play because those are usually the hard to find games that go up in price.

Im good for 2 rpg's a year tops. Yet I buy 10 or more in a year. I own every Final Fantasy game, yet Ive only ever played 3(6) and 7.

I loved Disgaea, so afterwords I went out and picked up every strategy rpg I could find.

To me its just such a process to pick an rpg to play, start playing it, and devoting 40+ hours to finishing it. Yet if I ever get into them more, I have PLENTY! lol

[quote name='Puffa469']To me its just such a process to pick an rpg to play, start playing it, and devoting 40+ hours to finishing it. Yet if I ever get into them more, I have PLENTY! lol[/QUOTE]
It just makes it all the more satisfying when you finish. It took me probably two months of sporadic play to beat Fire Emblem: PoR (~30-40 hours), but when I did, it was exhilirating.

[quote name='Roufuss']I do this with penny guides now, that's it.

I mean, honestly, why the hell do I need guides for Condemned and Quake 4, and Call of Duty 2's? Just got them because hey, a penny is a penny.[/quote]

I never find penny guides =(...

I always find myself buying games that I normally wouldn't get excited about. The first time this happened was when I picked up Wipeout Fusion and Bloodrayne for PS2 at CC a couple of years ago ($4.99 each). I bought them mostly because all of the $5 games were gone and these were the only 2 games left from that sale.

Last time I did this was at the TRU b2g1 sale on DS games. They were out of Princess Peach and Mario 64 so I just picked up True Swing golf.

And as you can see in my sig, I have it up for trade! PM me if you're interested (oh see how I pimp!!!!)

bread's done
Back