having a hard time deciding if i should get a ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisjustanother

CAGiversary!
wish the recent black friday and cyber monday bundles for ps3, i have been thinking about picking up a ps3. but as i look through metacritic and gamespot and the listings of games, more than 90% of the games are on the pc and 360, both of which i have and play a lot on as it is. with the blu ray player, it is a nice addition sure, but i hardly buy movies as it is and knowing that prices are higher than regular dvds its more of a turn off.

am i missing out on a good console cause of my stupid hoarding of money.

not really. imo the ps3 is the better choice but you already have a 360 so like you said, it's a worthless buy for you.

GT5, Last Guardian, and FFXIII Versus are the last huge hitters in terms of exclusives. If none of that sounds insanely awesome to you, then just save the money. Uncharted 2 is probably the best game you're currently missing. go to a friend's house and beat it.

If you're having a hard time deciding whether or not to get a PS3, then you don't really want a PS3.

When I got my PS3, I was pretty much set on getting a PS3. I didn't have any doubts about it.

My rule of thumb if there are at LEAST 12 games I really want to play on the system I'll buy it, any less than that and no.

And if you can't find at least 12 really good exclusives for the system (regardless of what Panzerfaust says, I think he's being silly :razz: with those three games he listed being all that's left in Sony's arsenal of exclusives, Killzone 3 and Infamous 2, just to name drop two more) then it's not the system for you.

So start doing the research look into the exclusive titles and see if there are any that you just gotta play and if that list comes up to 12 or more, then I'd say you know your answer then. ;)

[quote name='Vinny']If you're having a hard time deciding whether or not to get a PS3, then you don't really want a PS3.

When I got my PS3, I was pretty much set on getting a PS3. I didn't have any doubts about it.[/QUOTE]

what he said.

Uncharted 2 was the game that really cemented PS3 in my mind. I was always a Sony fan since PSone. Blu-Ray is bonus down the line when I upgrade my TVs. There's a pretty good lineup of exclusives. If you really, really want one, now's the time to get it with bundle deals. But if you are here asking about it, chances are you aren't going to get it. Games choices maybe, but not consoles.

[quote name='Vinny']If you're having a hard time deciding whether or not to get a PS3, then you don't really want a PS3.

When I got my PS3, I was pretty much set on getting a PS3. I didn't have any doubts about it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

When I bought mine I knew I wanted to play the new Rachet and Clank game, Uncharted, Killzone 2, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, and MGS 4.

I really wish they'd create a sticky thread for this topic; it's really lame to have a new thread every other day about "I just got a PS3," "Should I get a PS3," etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back