Having RAM issues with GTA IV. Help?

Wezzles

CAGiversary!
I have a HP Laptop with Windows 7, i7 processor, 8GB RAM, and DirectX11 graphics. When I launch GTA IV, it's always laggy and I've never known why. Then I noticed under graphic settings the RAM usage is always /1006mb (so 1GB -___-)...when I actually have 8GB. I have no idea how to solve this. Please help me - it runs so slow lol.

What does that solution do exactly? I have a ton of RAM and the damn game thinks I only have 1GB... -___-

[quote name='Wezzles']What does that solution do exactly? I have a ton of RAM and the damn game thinks I only have 1GB... -___-[/QUOTE]

nothing.

You got 1GB of video memory.

[quote name='Wezzles']I have a HP Laptop with Windows 7, i7 processor, 8GB RAM, and DirectX11 graphics. When I launch GTA IV, it's always laggy and I've never known why. Then I noticed under graphic settings the RAM usage is always /1006mb (so 1GB -___-)...when I actually have 8GB. I have no idea how to solve this. Please help me - it runs so slow lol.[/QUOTE]

As Smosh said, the 1gb is your video RAM. GTA IV is known for it's bad performance on mostly everything.

Turn down the resolution to get better performance.

[quote name='shosh']nothing.

You got 1GB of video memory.[/QUOTE]

This was what I was assuming. You're running out of video memory, not RAM.

bread's done
Back